How important is a Fork Bolt?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/7/2015 6:59 AM

I have a old fork bolt/compression bolt, whatever you want to call it, that is stripped to the max so when I tighten it to compress the headset/forks I can do so just a little more than hand tightening since the bolt is so stripped. I plan on eventually getting a new one but want to know if I can ride as long as its somewhat screwed in and my pinch bolts are tight. Also, does anyone have any recommendations in the best and cheap fork bolt...I was going to get the H25 tree fork bolt.

|

9/7/2015 8:08 AM

You need to make sure the new fork bolt is the same size as you old one. Some people can ride without them but to me it feels like dog shit and it can mess up your headset.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/7/2015 8:33 AM

considering that your user name is t1 rider, id be willing to sell you a tree fork bolt for super cheap. T1 for life

|

9/7/2015 8:33 AM

I have eastern traildigger forks I bought off of someone and I emailed empire BMX and they said it will work. I attempted to contact eastern but they only offered to sell me their fork bolt and didn't answer if the Tree H25 bolt would be ok. I'd order it from eastern but I need a few other things as well.

I wish there was a local shop around me but there isn't so I'm trying to figure the stuff out before I make the order.

|

9/7/2015 8:37 AM

i have an H25, from my old colony forks in perfect condition. its black $10?

|

9/7/2015 9:27 AM

malstad wrote:

i have an H25, from my old colony forks in perfect condition. its black $10?

Yea man..how would that work with shipping and all that, I never bought something off of someone on a forum, only in person or from a online site. And could you pics?

|

9/7/2015 9:47 AM

Photo

you pay with paypal, and ill ship it out this week
|

9/7/2015 9:57 AM

malstad wrote: Photo

you pay with paypal, and ill ship it out this week

Ok, is there shipping costs?..I have never done paypal but can set one up. Also, any chance you have any brake levers sitting around, preferably the odyssey monolever or dirt harry?

|

9/7/2015 10:10 AM

i have a tech 99, and an odyssey ones at home trigger and small i think? ill include shipping with the price

|

9/7/2015 10:45 AM

How much for shipping?...I'm in Philadelphia, PA. center city.

|

9/7/2015 11:09 AM

T1rider04130 wrote:

How much for shipping?...I'm in Philadelphia, PA. center city.

if you buy the stuff ill cover shipping

|

9/7/2015 11:35 AM

malstad wrote:

if you buy the stuff ill cover shipping

Ok that's cool. I just need the fork bolt. Any chance you could send a pic of the top, not sayin you would but I got one from someone last time and was destroyed but looked good from side. I just set up my PayPal account.

|

9/7/2015 11:39 AM

its hard to see because of the color, i used the bolt for 2 months, so it was installed once and removed once, if you arent happy with it send it back and ill refund you Photo

|

9/8/2015 10:02 AM

malstad wrote:

its hard to see because of the color, i used the bolt for 2 months, so it was installed once and removed once, if you arent ...more

Waiting for PayPal to approve my bank so I can send it as a gift. Hopefully by today or tomorrow it'll be good

|

9/9/2015 9:05 AM

just let me know

|