How long did it take you to master 4 pegs?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/27/2014 11:10 AM

So yeah, I stopped grinding things about almost half a year ago and I barely used them, so I went back to 2 pegs yesterday and I also hate the fact that my seat hits the ground and the end of my axle gets messed up when I fall with my bike at a weird angle. But yeah, how long before it took you 4 peg riders to master 4 pegs? I had my right side (natural) down decently and on my left side, I could only land most of the grinds like half or less of the time.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/27/2014 11:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/27/2014 12:51 PM

couple of months I rekon to feel comfortable but everyone's different so its a bit like saying how longs a piece of string, nah mean!

stick with it tho.

Planning on running four pegs as soon as the eclat blind drops, but I used my sons bike the other week to try oppo grinds and it weren't really any different than my regular side, just felt a bit sketch, I can't imagine it would take too long to feel "normal"

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/27/2014 12:04 PM

I rode 4. then took off 2. now i want 4 again

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

4/27/2014 12:11 PM

I can't even grind with 2....takes year to master 1 side

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/27/2014 12:18 PM

I grind regular on my right side with right foot back so it does feel really weird grinding on my left but I have feebles and smiths consistent. And I crook regular with my back left and right front. Still don't have them on lock yet. This is all on baby park rails and ledges

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

4/27/2014 12:24 PM

I plan to go 4 pegs when i move to madrid/barcelona.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/27/2014 12:32 PM

I went 4 pegs a couple weeks ago, it took around an hour for me to be able to get a sketchy double peg. I haven't been using them too much lately since I was landing on my driver a lot. Plan on getting a Profile DSG in the coming weeks and getting back to it, hope to have my oppo side down as good as my natural side in a few months.

|

4/27/2014 12:46 PM

T-rider wrote:

You lucky mofuka haha. I so wanna move to BCN.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/27/2014 1:48 PM

I started with two pegs and worked my way to 3 once i got pretty damn good with the 3rd peg i add the fourth about a month ago and im getting better but not perfect.

so far ive got oppo feeble, oppo feeble easy 180, oppo feeble to smith, oppo smith.

Got a cymbal guard on the way and then i'll be working on oppo ice

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

4/27/2014 1:59 PM

It didnt take me long really. I don't currently have 4 on, but i did a little bit ago. I think it really matters how much you try. I could do a lot with my oppo pegs. I could 360 out of grinds really easily and it took not long. Maybe a few days. Grinding is just a bunny hop and a slight balance. Not difficult.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

4/27/2014 2:25 PM

T-rider wrote:

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

You lucky mofuka haha. I so wanna move to BCN.

It would be to college tho hahah I have been suffering too much in this shitty town!

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/27/2014 2:51 PM

If you can do it regular you can do it opposite. Just need to get over that awkward feeling, it will only take as long as you want it too.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

4/27/2014 8:47 PM

Out of OCD and whatnot, I just couldn't stand it so I went back to 4 pegs earlier today. My bike was life as a mofo though! About 22-23 lbs max!

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

4/28/2014 10:14 AM

oh man, I've been riding 4 pegs for...7 years now? and to be honest, I still struggle with certain oppo grinds (especially ices) if I don't practice them often. I really do feel like I've "lost" oppo-ices a few times. and also, it depends on your definition of master. my friend Nick can do oppo anything first try. it takes me a few warm-up runs to get it nice and dialed. he's definitely got it mastered, i don't.

|

4/29/2014 2:27 PM

Mastering is something you do to dogs, not chunks of metal

Chunks of metal have no feelings or any fucks to give about what you think you have on them

|

4/29/2014 3:30 PM

I read somewhere once that it takes an average person roughly 10000hrs to master any new skill, like playing the guitar or whatever.

That means you need to practice for 3hrs everyday for 10yrs haha, soooo better get grindin' mofuka.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/29/2014 6:39 PM

Probably next year ill swap my drive train to righty and put my pegs on the left.

This way if I wanna grind it HAS to be oppo and I also wont suffer the extra weight of all 4 pegs while learning.

Once I get oppo grinds down ill buy 2 more pegs and guards and run foursies.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/29/2014 10:26 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Probably next year ill swap my drive train to righty and put my pegs on the left.

This way if I wanna grind it HAS to be oppo ...more

There's definitely pro's and con's to having a RHD/LHD compatible hub and cranks.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update