How long it took to learn?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/11/2014 11:30 AM

List some tricks and how long it took you to learn them.

|

4/11/2014 11:32 AM

Tricks- took a really long time

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/11/2014 11:35 AM

depends, some can learn in a flash, some like me take fucking ages to learn basic shit.

|

Bruh

4/11/2014 11:40 AM

quickest trick it took you to learn and longest trick it took you to learn.

|

4/11/2014 12:01 PM

Fastest: No-Footed Barspins. Took me 6 (yes, SIX) tries to get one clean. Back then I had bars more dialed than any other trick so they were easy. I could probably get one within a dozen tries now. I should get it on film. Hopefully soon I will get a solid chance to hit my local park.

Slowest: Whips. Took me like 6 years to land one to frame and pedals, about 8 years to pedals, and I still RARELY get one.

Front wheel stuff for the most part escapes me unless I have a front stopper. I think I might be removing the front stoppers this week, and getting back to the barspin anything and everything days.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/11/2014 12:22 PM

Fastest was maybe hop no footers or wallrides. Each took around 20 minutes to get one.

Longest has been footjam whips. I landed my first one in 2009 and i have only landed three since.

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/11/2014 12:25 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Fastest was maybe hop no footers or wallrides. Each took around 20 minutes to get one.

Longest has been footjam whips. I ...more

HOly shit man. THey are not that difficult. Wathc the front wheel before throwing the frame and follow the pedals with your eyes.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/11/2014 12:27 PM

Fastest i learned were: Feeble, SMith, 360s (a forum member, maximusbike, gave me advice cause i couldnt figure out how to do them, next morning i got riding and landed a few CScool.
Slowest: fullcabs, i dont land them normally, landed my first one around november, still rarely get them, and i dont practice them much anymore.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/11/2014 12:42 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Longest has been footjam whips. I ...more

T-rider wrote:

HOly shit man. THey are not that difficult. Wathc the front wheel before throwing the frame and follow the pedals with your ...more

I know, i know i can get the frame rotation perfect but for some reason i can't catch the pedals. I can catch pedals perfect on tricks like no footers, on footers, and barhops though. Idrc though, it's no biggie if i can't fj whip.

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/11/2014 3:02 PM

180s took me 1 1/2 years. ETs probably took me 3 months to get em clean

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

4/11/2014 3:26 PM

Front wheel only bunny hop. 50 seconds to learnlaughing

|

4/11/2014 3:55 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I know, i know i can get the frame rotation perfect but for some reason i can't catch the pedals. I can catch pedals perfect ...more

I know, its just a trick that hasnt got much variations.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/11/2014 3:56 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I know, i know i can get the frame rotation perfect but for some reason i can't catch the pedals. I can catch pedals perfect ...more

Yeah, its a trick that barely have variations

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/11/2014 6:28 PM

fastest was probably turndowns, took a couple days to get but took a while to make them look real nice

longest trick that took me to learn was footjam whips, took forever to land one and even now i can still only get like 1 out of 20 tries

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

4/11/2014 7:57 PM

Fastest- I got a hop 1 hander the first time I ever tried. I also got 1 siders in the first few tries over a small hip.

Slowest- Higher hops. fakies, 180s, fakies out of 180s. Those all took me about 8 months.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

4/11/2014 8:22 PM

A slide to 180 took about a solid hour of ankle slams to get it

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

4/11/2014 8:25 PM

I still can't get legit nose bonks honestly. I can do them but they're sloppy most of the time.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

4/12/2014 2:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2014 2:52 AM

T-rider wrote:

Fastest i learned were: Feeble, SMith, 360s (a forum member, maximusbike, gave me advice cause i couldnt figure out how to do ...more

what was that magical advice? determined that im getting them before i go back to college.

And fast plants are quick to learn, so were nollie 180s.
the slowest was american 3s (still only got em over the hip)............................................................years! and when i first learnt to pivot out, was like after a solid year of riding :L

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

4/12/2014 7:34 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

what was that magical advice? determined that im getting them before i go back to college.

And fast plants are quick to ...more

American threes? We do 360's different?

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/12/2014 2:02 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

American threes? We do 360's different?

no, its just what they are referred to....

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

4/12/2014 5:00 PM

T-rider wrote:

Fastest i learned were: Feeble, SMith, 360s (a forum member, maximusbike, gave me advice cause i couldnt figure out how to do ...more

EddiMundo wrote:

I will search it right know.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/12/2014 5:03 PM

T-rider wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

It was something pretty close to this:
Listen man, it isnt about how much you tuck em. It is about WHEN for a perfectly flat three. Tuck them right at 180 and put down when you are about 360.

Do three taps. Dont you dare over acheive! haha if you cant get a three sixty, dont try to make it perfect from the get-go. Get 3 taps. Just hop, turn your head and dont try to fakie when you hit 180 backend first, just keep looking.

Best way to do it is have something in front of you to look all the way around for. 360s arent too bad, but i recommend having maybe a bank to try them off of. Dont be scared of speed. I, however, do NOT recommend a flyout. Flyouts are one of those places that can be hard to learn tricks on. Mainly because the jump is intimidating to most, or worse, not available. I recommend a nice bank for that reason. You can carve on a bank and be okay, if you carve out of a bowl, you are messed up. haha If you mess up on a flyout, you are gonna hurt more.

Tip 1. Find an object on the ground in front of you and roll towards it.
2. Compress!! Hunch down with your arms and legs and get ready to pop.
3. Begin to carve sharply and pull up right at 70 degrees (you can carve more if you are comfortable)
4. Pull your bars to the furthest they go
5. Keep your damn head turnt
6. Push out at about 180 and keep your legs and arms pushed out.
7. At this point you will see the object you chose to look at and land smooth and have a sexy 360!
8. If you learn it, give me an internet high five!

Good luck all you non-360ers!!

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/12/2014 10:38 PM

I learnt fast plants first pop idk but recommend trying

|

4/12/2014 11:27 PM

I learned footplant-180's in like a day of actually kinda trying.

Hardest trick to land atm are whips. Haven't got them. They take forever

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/13/2014 2:41 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I learned footplant-180's in like a day of actually kinda trying.

Hardest trick to land atm are whips. Haven't got them. They ...more

Specially if you dont have a fly out like me lol.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/13/2014 3:19 AM

T-rider wrote:

It was something pretty close to this:
Listen man, it isnt about how much you tuck em. It is about WHEN for a perfectly flat ...more

Thanks for that man. Hopefully this'll be the last bit to me learnin them!

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

4/13/2014 5:53 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

Thanks for that man. Hopefully this'll be the last bit to me learnin them!

No problem, hope you land one smoothly.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER