How many bikes?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/13/2013 9:00 AM

I personally own 4! 2 Fit and 2 United! How many is to much? Is 4 to much? People always ask "why so many bikes?" And i can never really justify owning so many... i build, i collect them! Any opinions!?

|

*Refs* from, robinson79, obiwan chromoly, SuperstarDK, TCbmx., ScramHype.

I build bikes... I don't ride hard core anymore I just ride.

To get ahold of me easier text me, 405-567-57zero2

9/13/2013 10:07 AM

I thinned out my collection, between new school and old school builds I was over 10 at most times now I keep it down, Have two together that I ride regularly and one more Im building now, then a couple old school pieces i have just been collecting. Gave the rest to my kids to upgrade there stuff and sold off some.
For me the collection is a hobby I guess, gives me something to do in the winter time as well. Haha!
Plus its nice when something breaks not to have to go tear apart your bike and wait for new parts, can just hop on another and resume riding. smile

|

9/13/2013 10:32 AM

Shit... since I was 4 years old... I've had to of have over 10 easily.

As far as quality BMX bikes go, only 2. I have a 80% stock Premium Duo and now my full custom Sunday.

|

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

9/13/2013 10:52 AM

about 2 months ago i had 22 completes , and enough parts and frames to build another ten easy with parts left over. 6 were quality custom ones and other were mixture of cruisers, and old school builds. Then i sold alot of em and im down to 8 complete riders.

|

9/13/2013 11:09 AM

I think that 4 are more that someone would need. If you collect bikes as a hobbie its okay but if you dont it would be okay with 2 bikes, one with a park-trail setup and the other with a street setup and just a few parts for remplace others when you break something.
Well i just have 1 bike, i am adding parts with a street setup, just the cranks and the forks are left, because i am ordering my frame and bars in a few days.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

9/13/2013 11:24 AM

2 - One for dirt, one for everything else

More props to the collectors on here though, wish I had that kind of cash or room to store em

|

United0Cult0

9/13/2013 12:37 PM

tremelo wrote:

More props to the collectors on here though, wish I had that kind of cash or room ...more

Haha room to store them was my issue after I moved.

|

9/13/2013 3:12 PM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

about 2 months ago i had 22 completes , and enough parts and frames to build another ten easy with parts left over. 6 were ...more

Oh wow! Thats awesome. I trade and buy and i've sold a few... but i honestly don't like getting rid of any of them.. had a guy offer me $800 for 2 of them and i'm not so sure i want to let them go... ones a 2011 United Supreme SU 2 all stock.. and the other is a 2010 Fit tech 2.5 custom. It took alot of convincing my gf into letting me build my bikes... "why they are perfectly fine the way they are?" Women.... idk if thats even a good price or not!? I'm still thinking about it. But i have to say i really enjoy collecting. Finding bikes on craigslist etc or where ever... i guess it's the hunt i enjoy!? I also enjoy having a bunch of bikes to choose from to ride... i don't ride hardcore... i just ride. Love it...

|

9/13/2013 3:14 PM

What are some of your favorite bikes that you would not ever get rid of? And your most favorite brand?

|

9/13/2013 3:16 PM

Team who cares wrote:

I thinned out my collection, between new school and old school builds I was over 10 at most times now I keep it down, Have two ...more

I would love to see my daughters ride... but they are to prissy...

|

9/13/2013 4:48 PM

Team who cares wrote:

I thinned out my collection, between new school and old school builds I was over 10 at most times now I keep it down, Have two ...more

bmxtru13 wrote:

Haha my step daughter has a 2 year old and I've had her at the park on her strider this last month. Shes already getting fakie sliders down and had her riding the bowl the other day. Its awesome!
Just build them a pink bike, they might think its girly enough. Haha!

|

9/13/2013 5:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/13/2013 5:50 PM

tremelo wrote:

More props to the collectors on here though, wish I had that kind of cash or room ...more

Team who cares wrote:

Haha room to store them was my issue after I moved.

it was tough thinning the herd to make room. I'll always regret giving up my barcode, shoulda gave up my road bike but it is just waaaaay too much $$$. Fuck

|

United0Cult0

9/13/2013 5:58 PM

bmxtru13 wrote:

What are some of your favorite bikes that you would not ever get rid of? And your most favorite brand?

I gave up my fave for cash like a lil' whore. Terrible One.

Traded Taj some old Campy parts for his last 20" before he made Fairdale though. It has nearly the same geo, just not the same when it says "Giant" LOL. My dirt jumper is Taj's Roscoe bike. I'll never get rid of it, even though it is a fucking Giant. Flows on dirt soooo well. I was stoked him & Sandy gave me an entire set-up for Campy roadie parts, for sure.

|

United0Cult0

9/13/2013 6:00 PM

Team who cares wrote:

bmxtru13 wrote:

Team who cares wrote:

Haha my step daughter has a 2 year old and I've had her at the park on her strider this last month. Shes already getting fakie ...more

My oldest (4) is super scared about riding ramps. My youngest (3) fucking rips & thinks it is funny when he wrecks. Both boys, weird

|

United0Cult0

9/14/2013 11:06 AM

I myself have 4: my Fit, an old Schwinn 10 speed, my mountain bike, and a Haro 24" cruiser. My dad on the other hand at least has 15 idk why, were trying to sell some of them but he buys more than we sell lol and now the garage looks like an extremely crowded bike shop haha.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/14/2013 11:15 AM

I've got my guerra custom for what I usually ride with brakes set up.....then I've got a Hoffman condor I'm going to hang on the wall eventually it's autographed by mat Hoffman......,thinking of building up my chrome s&m ltf for a brake less bike

|

9/14/2013 11:24 AM

I have 2 in my possession right now. Custom fit s2 from like 2006 and a custom sputnik skyline. My cousin gave me his felt, but it's in Maryland and i probably won't be able to get it for a while. I'll probably eventually replace all the bmx stuff i have now except my fit s2 and my powerbites.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling