How many bikes do you own.

Related:
Create New Tag

11/1/2020 2:31 PM

As above. Always had bikes. But since i got into bmx's i seem to have collected a few. Has anyone else got a few or do you just stick with one bike?

|

11/1/2020 2:37 PM

Between, pedal cars, tricycles, cruisers, and my kiddo's bikes, there's probably around 30 on my property.. I personally only have one for freestyle BMX...

Photo

|

11/1/2020 2:50 PM

I’ve just got one but I’ve got quite a bit of spare parts.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

11/1/2020 3:02 PM

|

11/1/2020 3:07 PM

Only one.

|

“Don’t quote me boy cuz I ain’t said shit” - Ghandi

11/1/2020 3:14 PM

1 with lots of parts to spare.

|

11/1/2020 3:28 PM

in terms of actual bike 1. but in terms of spare parts probably 2 bikes worth give or take bearings and such.

|

11/1/2020 4:51 PM

I have two, I built up my second one this summer and it’s the first time I’ve ever had two bikes built up at one time. One is an s&m BTM, two pegs, cassette, no brakes. Other is an s&m ccr, cassette, no pegs, with brakes.

Honestly I kinda wish I hadn’t built the BTM, it was an impulse decision this summer cause I had a lot of extra dough, now if I ride one bike it makes me wish I was riding the other and vice versa. Good part is that they’re pretty different geometry and setups but it’s really weird not just having one BMX bike like I used to. But I can’t really sell either because they’re both completely custom with over 1500 into each so I’d be losing money, plus a fair price for me to sell wouldn’t get a lot of buyers because if you have 1000+ to spend on a used bike you probably have your own custom or plenty of cash for a high end complete. Just my two cents.

|

11/1/2020 4:51 PM

Almost one haha. Can't wait until its finished. Plus a dirtbike if that counts. Photo

|

11/1/2020 4:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/2/2020 5:22 AM

1 but 4 frames....going to build one up with spare parts for racing next year

|

11/1/2020 5:29 PM

I have two bikes but they’re both scooters.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

11/1/2020 5:55 PM

Do mopeds count?

|

11/1/2020 6:42 PM

3. A flatland bike, a skatepark bike, and a beach cruiser

|

It’s all bmx

11/1/2020 7:02 PM

BMX? 8 Add in my MTB and gravel bikes and cruisers and it is more than 20. Haven't counted in a while honestly.

|

11/1/2020 7:39 PM

Just got my Sunday Soundwave couple weeks ago from the wife. That's the only one I have for now, and I better shut up about another one, or else Im sleeping on the couch. Eventually though, I see myself having 4 or 5. I would love to have a high end We the People bike and a Kink Williams . Also, I want to own a 29' Bmx. Just to have a different feel. But for now, Im loving my Sunday and I cant wait to ride again after my freaking wrist heals.

|

11/1/2020 9:14 PM

Photo
I ride these when the kids are sleeping
|

11/1/2020 9:53 PM

i have one but got also few spare parts
tyres, grips, pedals, pegs, barends are always on my shelf waiting for a replacment

|

11/2/2020 4:15 AM

One BMX, a cyclocross bike, a 72 Scwhinn Varsity I am restoring (was my wife's grandpas-it's gonna look NEW when I am done) and a hardtail MTB.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/2/2020 5:40 AM

1 Bmx.
1 Full Suspension MTB.
1 New Frame that is going to take the place of the frame on the current BMX. Seen Below. Photo

|

Husky Nation Member

11/2/2020 8:07 AM

I’ve got just the one bmx bike. I have 2 motorcycles though which are “bikes” also 😂

|

11/2/2020 8:55 AM

Wow. Some of you guys have too many bikes, lol. I can barely get enough time to ride to feel comfortable on my one bike.

I'd love to have an MTB, but I can't justify the $ when I barely ride my 20" due to work/school/family

|

11/2/2020 11:09 AM

2 complete bmx bikes.
1 mtb
1 single speed road
1 bmx frame
1 bmx frame/fork/Bar only
Just sold another complete bmx two weeks ago

|

11/3/2020 5:00 AM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Wow. Some of you guys have too many bikes, lol. I can barely get enough time to ride to feel comfortable on my one bike.

I'd love to have an MTB, but I can't justify the $ when I barely ride my 20" due to work/school/family

N+1 is the correct amount of bikes. At one point I had something like 8 complete bikes and enough BMX stuff to build a few more.

I agree about the time. I have my BMX built with parts over a long time period-my stem is from 2006 for example.

My CX bike was the only one bought 100% new-I worked in a shop and got a stupid-good deal.

My MTB-frame, fork and cranks were FREE on FB marketplace. I took many of the other parts off an 88 Hardrock I got for 5 bucks at a garage sale. I scored a Deore drivetrain for 40 bucks via FB marketplace too. (I actually just put all the stuff on the Hardrock for the winter because it is rigid-then I can clean and get ready to paint the Klein frame and fork lowers.)

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/3/2020 5:32 AM

Just one because it’s perfect. I built a bike for trails a couple of years ago that was almost identical (half a link longer cs, and a brake). But realised I’d rather piss about doing bump jumps on kerbs anyway And sold it

|

11/3/2020 8:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/3/2020 8:58 AM

SoCalShreds wrote:

I have everything you mentioned except the school part. I also travel for work at times. BUT, I still find time to do the things I love doing. I enjoy biking, gaming, movies, reading, cooking many things. These things are therapeutic to me. Even when Im busy with my children or my business or whatever else, I always make time for my alone time. If not, Im not balanced nor happy. Point is, always make time for you . I love talking to people older than me and pick their brain. One old fella told me, he had no regrets in life. He was able to raise a family and still do everything he wanted to do in his life. So even with a family, you can still do you. Didn't mean to rant, but I was just talking about this with a friend the other day.

|

11/3/2020 9:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/3/2020 9:04 AM

baglagrupie wrote:

1 Bmx.
1 Full Suspension MTB.
1 New Frame that is going to take the place of the frame on the current BMX. Seen Below. Photo

Love the color!

|

11/3/2020 9:08 AM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Vic707b wrote:

I have everything you mentioned except the school part. I also travel for work at times. BUT, I still find time to do the things I love doing. I enjoy biking, gaming, movies, reading, cooking many things. These things are therapeutic to me. Even when Im busy with my children or my business or whatever else, I always make time for my alone time. If not, Im not balanced nor happy. Point is, always make time for you . I love talking to people older than me and pick their brain. One old fella told me, he had no regrets in life. He was able to raise a family and still do everything he wanted to do in his life. So even with a family, you can still do you. Didn't mean to rant, but I was just talking about this with a friend the other day.

Try adding a masters in mechanical engineering to the mix then come back to me.

|

11/3/2020 9:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/3/2020 9:18 AM

Probably too many.

Bmx's at the moment:
2 new school and 2 mid school completes + 1 new retro Hoffman yet to be built

Other stuff:
1 dirt jump 24
1 full suspension MTB
1 hardtail MTB
1 MTB converted to road tourer type thing
1 old 10 speed roadie

Edit, forgot:
New school alu frame race bmx
old steel frame GT race bmx
24 inch cruiser race bike

Damn, I never stopped and counted before now...

|

11/3/2020 10:16 AM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Try adding a masters in mechanical engineering to the mix then come back to me.

You post somewhat often, stop posting online, and go spend 20 minutes hopping some barspins.

You can squeeze a few minutes pretty easily. I do it all the time. I play my Switch for 10 or so minutes between laying my kids down for bed. I occasionally get up extra early to ride my bike(s) on saturday (talking 6 am, ride for 1-2 hours, home when everyone else is eating breakfast).

I've been there. I worked two jobs (40-60 hours a week) plus went to college full time for welding and generals. At the beginning of Covid I worked two jobs (50+ hours a week), donated plasma, take care of two kids, a house, two cars, a large yard (we did about 150-200 hours worth of yard work in March and April) trained a puppy, and did a ton of projects inside my house. That 10-15 minutes of Nintendo was helpful.

I work at home now, and get up 20 minutes before my insane commute of 30 feet and a flight of stairs. I have time to wake up, make some food and do whatever.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/3/2020 10:39 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

You post somewhat often, stop posting online, and go spend 20 minutes hopping some barspins.

You can squeeze a few minutes pretty easily. I do it all the time. I play my Switch for 10 or so minutes between laying my kids down for bed. I occasionally get up extra early to ride my bike(s) on saturday (talking 6 am, ride for 1-2 hours, home when everyone else is eating breakfast).

I've been there. I worked two jobs (40-60 hours a week) plus went to college full time for welding and generals. At the beginning of Covid I worked two jobs (50+ hours a week), donated plasma, take care of two kids, a house, two cars, a large yard (we did about 150-200 hours worth of yard work in March and April) trained a puppy, and did a ton of projects inside my house. That 10-15 minutes of Nintendo was helpful.

I work at home now, and get up 20 minutes before my insane commute of 30 feet and a flight of stairs. I have time to wake up, make some food and do whatever.

This

I say to those that say they're "really busy" need to get over themselves. I too wake up super early before everyone else in my house and go for a cruise. Many of those "busy" people, certainly have time for a ton of social media and other stuff. I don't buy the "not having time" stuff. Love your post btw, and again proving when you truly want to do something, you will find a way. Have a blessed day bro.

|