How many else...?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/18/2012 6:24 PM

Are any other riders out there like me, and don't know anybody who rides? I have 1 friend who just bought a fit, and rides with me, but half the time he's too high to go ride and doesnt take it seriously. Im really inspired not just by the skill or the pro riders, but their lifestyle. All I want is some good riders who are love to ride and will go ride with me. I have a possibilty of moving to Austin for my dads work, and ive been praying I do. I watch bmx videos of Austin like Tommy Dugan and Chase Hawk, and it seems amazing, parks are so bike friendly, people having bbq's down at the trials.
And im stuck in this shit hole with no spots, no parks, and nobody to ride with.
I DONT WANT TO QUIT.

|

4/18/2012 6:29 PM

Make do with what you got, see what you have, and turn it into a spot. I'm sure you can do something. Schools, big name stores like Wal*Mart, Home Depot, Lowes all usually have at least a ledge or something behind them to play on.

As for not having anyone to ride with, get more of your buddies into riding. Make sure you aren't the only one who rides too.. I use to think me and my one friend were one of the only 2 people who rode in this town as well, little did I know there's a fuckton of riders here

|

4/18/2012 6:35 PM

Build dirt jumps. There is no limit as to how high or how far you can go, its all about how far you want to push yourself.

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

4/18/2012 6:41 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Make do with what you got, see what you have, and turn it into a spot. I'm sure you can do something. Schools, big name stores like Wal*Mart, Home Depot, Lowes all usually have at least a ledge or something behind them to play on.

As for not having anyone to ride with, get more of your buddies into riding. Make sure you aren't the only one who rides too.. I use to think me and my one friend were one of the only 2 people who rode in this town as well, little did I know there's a fuckton of riders here

I live in a suburb, its all neighborhoods, the only decent spots are about 10 miles away and its nothing but a few drop gaps.
There is a local free park, buts it made for skaters and its too tight and small for bikes.
Im thinking of just making a grindbox so I can practice.
And where would I build dirt jumps?

|

4/18/2012 6:45 PM

used to have a diehard crew of like 12 bikers in my town......they all moved away to college some quit riding some still ride.....the ones left in town barely ride so i usually just shred with the local skaters.....not to bad there could always be more riders though

|

4/18/2012 6:52 PM

I hate having friends that buy TONS of new good stuff for their bikes, new frames, cranks, bars, etc. and they just never ride, they won't try anything, and make up excuses. but good thing there's a few of us that always ride no matter what. smile

|

xBMXx.

4/18/2012 6:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2012 6:55 PM

Im kinda in your situation i guess. One of my friends who was really into riding ended up getting his girlfriend pregnant and now basically has no time to ride ever. Everybody else is either busy with work, school, or they just grew out of riding and skating. When i lived in louisville we had a huge skatepark and you could always find somebody to ride with but now im about 45 minutes away for college and basically theres nobody that rides here. I just make the best out of it, pop some headphones in and ride around to spots. I'm probably moving away soon so hopefully i find a town that has a decent bmx scene

|

4/18/2012 7:07 PM

DylanLow wrote:

I hate having friends that buy TONS of new good stuff for their bikes, new frames, cranks, bars, etc. and they just never ride, they won't try anything, and make up excuses. but good thing there's a few of us that always ride no matter what. smile

My old riding buddies were just like this.

When i lived in Maine I'd go to the park almost every day and ride with some legit dudes, then I moved here to mass.
didn't know anybody who rides. I know there are riders down here I just havn't met them yet. theres 1 person in my school who rides, and he knows some people who ride, so I should be fine.
I would have people to ride with right now if I didn't break my leg in December. I havn't rode since, it fucking sucks.
I guess just go out and ride, you'll meet people, go to skateparks in neighboring towns and talk to the riders there.

And building a grindbox is a good Idea, you can go ride it whenever you want in your driveway.

|

4/18/2012 11:16 PM

DylanLow wrote:

This !!!

|