How much space does a gyro need?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/23/2018 4:17 AM

Ok so at the minute im putting a brake on once my straight cable arrives, pretty much because i want to be able to cruise down to the pump track and do some laps while i cant ride (im going to be able to ride in 2 weeks but no tricks or skateparks).

So im thinking maybe one day when im stronger i may put a nice dual cable gyro setup on the bike but my question is, how long does the headtube need to be for a good pull?

This is because im thinking of putting my fit forks on again which only have the space for one spacer/, or i could keep using the colony ones which would definetly have the room.

Anyway what do you all think?

|

Hmmm

5/23/2018 4:33 AM

The Fit forks, they do have room for a gyro plate and another small spacer
Photo

And the colony forks with loads of excess steerer tube Photo

|

Hmmm

5/23/2018 4:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2018 4:35 AM

If I recall correctly, the spacing between the upper plate and lower plate (or gyro tabs) should be no less than 1.5"... sorry... about 38mm. (Typically, the top of the gyro tabs is in line with the top of the TT)

I just put a dual cable setup on my Tallboy & I must say, it is really sweet! Lots of brake control!

|

5/23/2018 4:37 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

If I recall correctly, the spacing between the upper plate and lower plate (or gyro tabs) should be no less than 1.5"... ...more

Thanks
I think i could get away with it on the fit forks, but i could always just swap to the colony ones if need be.

|

Hmmm

5/23/2018 6:57 AM

it depends on how much pull you want too. if you like the lever almost to the grip then you'll need more room. i'd say at least 1 spacer under the gyro plate should be fine.

|

It’s all bmx

5/23/2018 7:40 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

it depends on how much pull you want too. if you like the lever almost to the grip then you'll need more room. i'd say at ...more

Yeah this, it's basically got to be enough so that you get an actual clamp on the brake, but not so much that you have the top plate hitting the bottom of the stem. To be honest, it's more of an issue with a taller top tube than with a shorter one.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.