How much time do you put into practicing?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/18/2014 3:31 PM

I spend a couple of hours a day practicing, and when I wake up the next morning I'm really sore, but i still go practice anyway. I do this every day.

Is this okay? I definitely am seeing improvements, but I am wondering if i Practice like 10-30 minutes a day if itll be the same as practicing 2 hours? is 2 hours too much?

I know your muscles need time to recover... I just have a hard time staying off the bike, lol I'm always bored...

Any input to this weird question is appreciated.

|

5/18/2014 3:39 PM

I'm at the point where can pretty much ride all day for a few days straight, but it's taken me a while to work up to this point

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

5/18/2014 3:54 PM

I ride for however long the session is going for! I rarely ride alone anymore though.

|

5/18/2014 4:01 PM

half hour will not always match up to two hours ride time. Depends on what you are doing during the timeframe.

But soreness happens, it goes away with conditioning. So ride more, be sore now, and with enough time, your body gets accustomed to it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/18/2014 5:40 PM

Thank you guys for ur responses. Fuck it. Great motivation. cool imma just keep doing what I do now then, practice everyday. I Def need to quit cigarettes that's probably not helping at all >.

|

5/18/2014 5:48 PM

GTzone720 wrote:

Thank you guys for ur responses. Fuck it. Great motivation. cool imma just keep doing what I do now then, practice everyday. I Def ...more

Don't quote me on this but don't e-cigs and such supposedly help with quitting? That's definitely something to quit haha. But just ride, and each time ride for longer or harder. You'll be able to ride longer in no time. It also helps if you stretch before you ride, not sure if you are already

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

5/18/2014 5:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/9/2014 5:41 PM

seriously good advice I'm going to start stretching before and after my rides. A little off topic, but has anyone ever torn an Achilles tendonfrom bmx or cycling or heard of this from cycling? I tried to do some research on the web about it but all the search results don't really specify if it was from cycling or something else... (I'm sure stretching will also prevent that from happening as well.lol)

|

5/18/2014 6:13 PM

I practice tricks that I'm working on before the session for about and after the session for about an hour. Sometimes I try them during the session a few times too.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

5/18/2014 6:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2014 6:50 PM

I'm not totally sure about the whole Achilles thing. Sorry man. I'd imagine the worst that could probably happen would be taking a pedal to the Achilles and getting a bit sliced up, but wird shit does happen...

|

-HardBMX_Tim

5/18/2014 7:18 PM

I usually ride for an hour and a half a day. I'm finally not waking up sore everyday, i was for a while though do to me doing nothing while recovering from an injury.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/18/2014 7:32 PM

Rode for nine hours today. At home I dig for five.

|

5/18/2014 7:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2014 7:36 PM

Practice? i just ride

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/18/2014 7:39 PM

E cigs are good for quitting or even if you keep smoking but instead use just ecigs.... You go from inhaling whale barf and insect killer to inhaling watervapor while still getting your dose of nicotine... Atleast that is how I understand it.

|

5/18/2014 7:40 PM

your body will take some time to adjust. i took six years off from riding and when i first started again my body would be super sore after every session and now, 5 months later i don't feel so bad after a session any more. i only get to ride once or twice a week but my sessions are usually 3-5 hours long of mostly street so lots of hopping and whatnot.

and you'll definitely progress if you keep working your consistency and keep trying new/bigger things. just keep working your way up

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

5/18/2014 8:12 PM

I don't get much time to go and practice.
When I do ride which is usually only ever on the weekends and maybe an arvo after work if i'm lucky. but I try and ride the whole day on weekends and go big. I do see that I am not really progressing as much as I used to but I combat this by just trying big stuff. But I can ride on the weekends from 0450 to 2100 both days on the weekend and only end up sore if i come off or land awkward on drops. You're body will adjust to it or become literally numb after an hour and you are able to keep pushing. Only thing I can't do Is sit down or my legs stiffen up and it becomes really painful.

But I'll also end up sore the next day when i wake up even if i havent been riding for a week. It's just a stage where my body is at

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/18/2014 8:37 PM

KrisnerBMX wrote:

E cigs are good for quitting or even if you keep smoking but instead use just ecigs.... You go from inhaling whale barf and ...more

Turns out that if you don't buy the right al high quality/expensive ones they are still harmful to you. Read that in some mens health magazine.

|