How much would you sell my Sunday forecaster for? Please specify your price in CAD or USD

Related:
Create New Tag

4/24/2022 2:27 PM

I have a 2012 Sunday Forecaster (41 thermal Sunday special) and I’m looking to sell it. It’s in good condition and only got your average riding around the city on it. I’m not a bmx enthusiast so I’m not sure how much a bike like this would go for. It was an expensive bike back in 2012 when I got it so I don’t want to get ripped off when I sell it now. Can someone help me appraise my bike if you know more about bmx bikes than I do. Much appreciated in advanced. Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

4/24/2022 4:56 PM

I can’t tell you exactly, but I can say that’s a damn cool bike. It’s condition dependent and I can only tell so much from the picture. Seems decent. If it’s all in good shape with no issues and only minor cosmetic damage, maybe $650-$850? I could be off, but that would be my guess.

There’s an odyssey/Sunday Facebook group where I bet you’d get interest, it’s got a lot of members (somewhere in the thousands). Could ask on there

|

4/24/2022 5:02 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I can’t tell you exactly, but I can say that’s a damn cool bike. It’s condition dependent and I can only tell so much from the ...more

Thanks for the info. It’s in great condition imo other than some the stickers pealing a little bit in some places. Not sure if that’s a big deal LOL. Other than that it’s had minimal use in terms of bmx jumping or anything like that. I basically used it to get to and from school. I’ll try joining the Facebook group and see what anyone has to say

|

4/24/2022 9:36 PM

Generally speaking, bikes likes most things are a depreciating asset. It's possible that your bike can be a "collectors item", but usually, don't expect to get what you paid for. I paid $1,300.00 USD for one of my completes and $1,200.00 for the other but I don't expect to get that should I decide to sell either . I would look up your specific bike and see if there's a demand for it.

|

4/25/2022 5:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/25/2022 6:37 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I can’t tell you exactly, but I can say that’s a damn cool bike. It’s condition dependent and I can only tell so much from the ...more

Way off. Way way off. I recently sold a 2018 Soundwave complete for $800 Australian. And I consider that a lucky sale.

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

4/25/2022 9:03 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Way off. Way way off. I recently sold a 2018 Soundwave complete for $800 Australian. And I consider that a lucky sale.

So how much do you think I would get for the bike if you think they are way off? I’ve been told by many people that it is a really nice bike that’s why I am hesitant to sell it cause I don’t want to get ripped off. I don’t know much about bmx bikes.

|

4/25/2022 9:06 AM

Vic707b wrote:

Generally speaking, bikes likes most things are a depreciating asset. It's possible that your bike can be a "collectors item", ...more

Yea, I don’t expect to get back exactly what I paid for. I realize the value has probably depreciated but I wanted to make sure it wasn’t a rare or sought after bike since I don’t know much about bmx bikes. I just want to make sure I get the proper worth out of it in 2022. Do you have a ballpark of how much I could possibly get for the bike? Also please specify if you are talking about CAD or USD since I live in Canada

|

4/25/2022 9:25 AM

Right now it's possible it's worth the least it ever will. Too old for new guys, and just started to lean towards vintage collectors.. If you keep it in the same condition, it will probably be worth twice as much in 12 years..

|

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult: Seneca

4/25/2022 9:38 AM

Vic707b wrote:

Generally speaking, bikes likes most things are a depreciating asset. It's possible that your bike can be a "collectors item", ...more

lammer27 wrote:

Yea, I don’t expect to get back exactly what I paid for. I realize the value has probably depreciated but I wanted to make ...more

Hate to burst your bubble, but just as Ghost has said, it's not a "collectors bike". I wasn't going to get into it, but you keep mentioning that you "don't want to get ripped off". To put it honestly and straight with you, if you get $300.00 USD, consider yourself lucky and you might actually be the one doing the ripping off. Now if you had one of those Sunday Gary Young Soundwave bikes from around the same time as your bike, then it might be worth something and even then it would depend on condition, color and other things.

|

4/25/2022 9:47 AM

Vic707b wrote:

Hate to burst your bubble, but just as Ghost has said, it's not a "collectors bike". I wasn't going to get into it, but you ...more

No bubble to burst here. I just don’t want to give it away for $100USD if you think I can get more than that. At least now I kind of have a general idea of what the bike could sell for potentially. That’s why I’m asking this forum to hopefully get some context of how much the community thinks it’s worth. The reason I was saying I don’t want to get ripped off was in the case of if the bike did happen to be rare or something I would want to make sure I know that before I sell it. I know stuff depreciates in value but I still want to get a fair return for the bike.

|

4/25/2022 10:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/25/2022 10:04 AM

Vic707b wrote:

lammer27 wrote:

Yea, I don’t expect to get back exactly what I paid for. I realize the value has probably depreciated but I wanted to make ...more

Vic707b wrote:

Hate to burst your bubble, but just as Ghost has said, it's not a "collectors bike". I wasn't going to get into it, but you ...more

Maybe my estimate was a bit off, but I feel like it IS a collectors bike. But ghost is right, too old for new guys, and not old enough for most collectors just yet... However I fall in the middle, I guess I'm part of the minority that would actually want to buy it. I'd pay $200 for it right now ($255 cad) lol

OP, where in Canada are you? I'm just south of the border in Washington. Depending on what you want and where you're located I might just buy it from ya lol

|

4/25/2022 10:07 AM

lammer27 wrote:

Vic707b wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Maybe my estimate was a bit off, but I feel like it IS a collectors bike. But ghost is right, too old for new guys, and not ...more

I live near Toronto so I think your on the other side of the country haha. I’m gonna wait it out and see what other people say. If the majority of people are thinking it won’t be worth much/go up in value, than I will sell it for whatever the most agreed upon price is that I see. I still value your opinion since you were the person who thought it’s worth the most LOL

|

4/25/2022 12:37 PM

I'd say 300-350 at the most. Complete bikes don't go for much and it's pretty outdated by todays standards. I could see it going for more if it was one of the rare limited sunday/odyssey colorways and in mint condition but bmx parts especially from 2004-present aren't really collector's items unless it's some limited or rare discontinued run or colorway.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/25/2022 1:04 PM

If I saw that locally for like 300-400usd I’d probably buy it

|

4/25/2022 1:25 PM

Photo
|

4/25/2022 5:34 PM

Lemme know if you’d ship it to the US lol

|

4/25/2022 5:38 PM

cky199 wrote:

Lemme know if you’d ship it to the US lol

I’ll lyk. I’m gonna take into a local bike store and see what they would appraise it at

|

4/25/2022 7:54 PM

If you buy a new chain i’d say you’d add $100 to whatever ur price is. Kinda the going mindset when buying used is if you can’t take care of a $15 chain what does that say bout how you treated/serviced the rest of the bike?

You won’t be happy with whatevr price you are gonna get for the bike, you might as well ride it or knock a woman up yesterday and give it to your kid when he turns 10

|

13 years old

4/25/2022 10:11 PM

I will buy it. Shoot me a message on social media @timspreownedbmx

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/26/2022 7:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2022 8:07 AM

The Op is acting as if he's come up on a valuable treasure. Asking everyone here and going to the shop in haste. lol. We're talking a couple hundred.. Give it to a kid and put a smile on his face. I also am on a retro gaming related Facebook page and the minute someone thinks they've come up on something, they post in desperation and ask "WHAT IS IT WORTH?" . I think to myself, get a job! I know my comment won't be a popular one, but I'd get more satisfaction giving it to someone that maybe loves Bmx, but can't afford one than to try and hawk it. Unless again, I REALLY needed the money. I guess to each his own as they say.

|

4/26/2022 8:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2022 8:05 AM

Vic707b wrote:

The Op is acting as if he's come up on a valuable treasure. Asking everyone here and going to the shop in haste. lol. We're ...more

You could have saved yourself some time by just not responding to my post. I don’t think I came up on some “gem” I’m just wondering how much it cost. Just like when you buy a car and go to sell it. You don’t just give it away to someone who needs it, you sell it to get money back to buy something new. Your logic to this is dumb as fuck. You are acting as if someone is not allowed to ask how much something is if they don’t know the value themselves. You can go smd acting like you a Rich ass dude who just gives away everything instead of selling stuff. Take a hike. If your so selfless why don’t you venmo me the couple hundred since it means so little you.

|

4/26/2022 8:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2022 8:59 AM

Vic707b wrote:

The Op is acting as if he's come up on a valuable treasure. Asking everyone here and going to the shop in haste. lol. We're ...more

lammer27 wrote:

You could have saved yourself some time by just not responding to my post. I don’t think I came up on some “gem” I’m just ...more

No I'm not a rich dude, but I'm not desperate either. I grew up in a family with not a lot of money, but have made something better of my life. And my logic is not "dumb as fuck" as you so elegantly put it. I work hard for my but giving back a little won't kill me either. I can understand if you're a kid with no money, but as a grown man, that's something else. I am blessed with what I need and giving away a bike to a child won't ,make me richer or poorer. As a business man, I am cut throat at work, but on the other hand, in my private life, it's a different story. And no, I'm not giving away a car and wouldn't give anything to you. If you were cool and said, "I really need the money", maybe I'd suggest we at this forum all pull our money together and buy your bike to help out. But a few have made reasonable offers to you here and you insist on, "no I'm waiting". Comes off as greedy. I guess that's where you and I differ. Giving back can feel really good buddy. You should try it. As opposed to running around as if you have the rarest, one off diamond. If you don't like that logic, that's on you.

I'm done. Didn't mean to offend, but you just came off desperate, that's all. Don't bother responding , Good day.

|

4/26/2022 8:59 AM

Vic707b wrote:

lammer27 wrote:

You could have saved yourself some time by just not responding to my post. I don’t think I came up on some “gem” I’m just ...more

Vic707b wrote:

No I'm not a rich dude, but I'm not desperate either. I grew up in a family with not a lot of money, but have made something ...more

Sorry that I do not fit your perfect standard and want to know how much something is worth that I know nothing about. It’s not desperate. It’s curiosity. See how no one else thought I was being desperate and gave me straight up answers instead of a life lesson. I don’t need life coaching I just need to know how much the bike is worth dumbass

|

4/26/2022 9:03 AM

lammer27 wrote:

Sorry that I do not fit your perfect standard and want to know how much something is worth that I know nothing about. It’s not ...more

You really are either a moron or an imbecile. Pick one. Here I am having a civil chat with you and have not disrespected you, but you insist on being disrespectful. Get lost.

|

4/26/2022 9:08 AM

Vic707b wrote:

You really are either a moron or an imbecile. Pick one. Here I am having a civil chat with you and have not disrespected you, ...more

In your original post you told me to get a job. If that’s not an insult than idk what is. Just get off my post if you don’t have any relevant information to tell me. Like I said I asked out of curiosity. I don’t need life lessons from vic707b

|

4/26/2022 10:55 AM

3-400 bucks

|

It’s all bmx

4/26/2022 1:57 PM

In VICs defense he does give back and is a pretty solid dude, like i take everything on here with a grain of salt but it is true that you don’t have a collectors item by any means.

At the end of the day its a used bike from an era thats so recent that no one has nostalgia for. No customs on craigslist here (LA) go for more than ballpark 400?

Fuck dude lets use mountain bikes as an example, if bloghogs was here he could jump in and tell you more about what it was like living in the 80s. A super nice 80s GTerra or speccy stumpjumper goes for about $500, which is about what they paid in retail at the time + kept pristine in a garage for 40 years. I just bought a 1999 hardrock for $40. Resell value on bikes now is higher than its ever been due to corona but its still a losing game, especially since you are selling a BMX at a time where BMX is at an all time low in terms of public interest.

The only rare BMX parts that anyone cares about rn are fbms, T1s, ody directors, animal/skav parts, and maaaaaybbeee aaron ross completes from a good year and colorway.

|

13 years old

4/26/2022 2:15 PM

Krooked wrote:

In VICs defense he does give back and is a pretty solid dude, like i take everything on here with a grain of salt but it is ...more

I never said I did have a collectors item or rare bike. All i said is that it was expensive when I got it so I wanted to know how much it would be worth now. Idk why the narrative is that I think I have some hidden gem or treasure. I never once said I expected the bike to go up in price. I simply asked how much people thought the bike would be worth because I don’t know anything about the bmx community. I’m thankful for anyone who has given me a legit answer. I wasn’t trying to get people angry on this forum. I honestly thought I wouldn’t even get a response on this thread

|

4/26/2022 2:22 PM

Krooked wrote:

In VICs defense he does give back and is a pretty solid dude, like i take everything on here with a grain of salt but it is ...more

lammer27 wrote:

I never said I did have a collectors item or rare bike. All i said is that it was expensive when I got it so I wanted to know ...more

my best advice to you is to just keep your bike. you may want to mess around with bmx every once in a while, and this is a sick bike to do so with.

|

It’s all bmx

4/26/2022 3:47 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

my best advice to you is to just keep your bike. you may want to mess around with bmx every once in a while, and this is a ...more

I agree. Keep it and ride it sometimes. Or store it away at the back of the garage.

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.