How should...

Related:
Create New Tag

12/22/2009 11:03 PM

Bottom Bracket bearings spin? I got some 19mm mid bb bearings and they aint spinning very smoothly shoot they aint spinning smooth at all! is this suppose to happen? cuz when i tried spinning the inner race it was all hard like a very dirty bearing. plus i spun the bearing not my cranks, went straight to the bearings.

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr
*Vital's official Filipino!*

12/22/2009 11:06 PM

take them out clean and regrease them then put em back in and see what happens

|

"go high, touch the sky"

12/22/2009 11:07 PM

huss wrote:

take them out clean and regrease them then put em back in and see what happens

hahaha how do i take out bb bearings dude those are a pain! and i greased whatever i could so ya.

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr

12/22/2009 11:11 PM

Just replace 'em, dude; bearings are cheap enough.

|

12/22/2009 11:17 PM

GMGuinn wrote:

ha if i had money. its like 20 bucks!!!

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr

12/22/2009 11:29 PM

GMGuinn wrote:

kingshawty12 wrote:

Ahh, yes, the shipping. Fair enough. Look, if a sealed bearing feels gritty or dirty internally, it's shot; by my estimation, anyway.

I wouldn't worry, though. Unless the bearing won't spin at all just run it, man. I have a destroyed bearing in my BB as we speak. It's been in there for three years. There's so much mass (and angular momentum for you nerds!) spinning those BB bearings that I doubt you'd notice any difference even if you did change it. Unless there is an associated noise that's just driving you absolutely bonkers. Just my $.02...

|

12/22/2009 11:32 PM

GMGuinn wrote:

kingshawty12 wrote:

GMGuinn wrote:

Ahh, yes, the shipping. Fair enough. Look, if a sealed bearing feels gritty or dirty internally, it's shot; by my estimation, anyway.

I wouldn't worry, though. Unless the bearing won't spin at all just run it, man. I have a destroyed bearing in my BB as we speak. It's been in there for three years. There's so much mass (and angular momentum for you nerds!) spinning those BB bearings that I doubt you'd notice any difference even if you did change it. Unless there is an associated noise that's just driving you absolutely bonkers. Just my $.02...

there were some squeaky noises coming from it before i checked it out and regreased as much stuff as i could in there. Plus it was really dirty so i cleaned it a little but ya the bearings are probably shot, and i had some rusty looking stuff on my spindle and bearing, but i wiped it clean.

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr

12/22/2009 11:47 PM

I get squeaks from my crank arms. But they're of the pinch bolt variety and are of low quality. C'est la vie...

|