How should I land

Related:
Create New Tag

10/16/2016 8:12 AM

Hey am a beginner and I was wondering how is it ok to land when you bunny hop.
Beacuse I can't land on the back wheel when I bunny hop I always land on the front wheel.
It hurts my wrists and my front tire and I don't know how to level out in the air so I can land on my back tire or both
wheels.
I ride about a month.....and it's getting kinda frustrating.ermm
Photo

|

(◑́_◑᷅ )

10/16/2016 8:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2016 8:53 AM

Practice makes perfect. It is ideal to land on your rear tire, as when you do so the force of you landing on the ground is better dissipated throughout the bike. It's easier to control this once you gain better bike control, but for a beginner I think the best thing to focus on would be to think about the motion of the hop. Compress, pull up with your arms, pull up with your legs (follow through), land. This can be better explained in this video.

Hope this helped & good luck.
|

10/16/2016 9:06 AM

Thankssmile

|

(◑́_◑᷅ )

10/16/2016 9:49 AM

Always you should land on rear tire if you don't want to smash your face.

|

Land it or go home

10/16/2016 10:20 AM

Practice, alot.
Beside that, the higher you'll lift up your front wheel, the higher you'll go, after reaching your top height in some kind of crunched position with your knees bent, straighten your legs to land back wheel first.
Also, judging by your picture, you should put your bar more in line with the fork, bars too far forward tends to nosedive like shit.

|

10/16/2016 11:39 AM

Pull up more, get your ass over the back wheel. Then you can control how you land

|

10/16/2016 1:25 PM

Yeah like the guys said, you want to land on both tires, or back tire first.

Taking a look at that pic, I would recommend pulling your bars back a little bit, they are pretty far forward. Try them closer to straight up and down.

This may help get your body in a better position to not land nose heavy.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

10/16/2016 3:08 PM

Wheels towards the ground is usually the best way,

|

10/16/2016 3:40 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Pull up more, get your ass over the back wheel. Then you can control how you land

Hence Steve's profile avatar, haha. Also, maybe try running your bars a bit less forwards. Maybe in-line with the forks, that's usually the prime angle. But, of course, if it's your preference, keep it up.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn