How should i

Related:
Create New Tag

8/13/2013 4:54 PM

go about cleaning my chain? Its got a bunch of build up on it and it rides kinda gritty. Any advice?

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

8/13/2013 4:59 PM

If you don't have a chain cleaner then i would get a rag and wrap it around the chain and spin your cranks backwards while holding the rag and then if you want take a screw driver and you can scrape off the old grease and junk off your driver and sprocket and then re-lube your chain.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

8/13/2013 5:08 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

If you don't have a chain cleaner then i would get a rag and wrap it around the chain and spin your cranks backwards while holding the rag and then if you want take a screw driver and you can scrape off the old grease and junk off your driver and sprocket and then re-lube your chain.

dude that sounds like an incredible amount of work xD. does anybody know if soaking it in wd 40 would clean it?

|

!!!My Bike Check!!!

8/13/2013 5:11 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Icant180 wrote:

dude that sounds like an incredible amount of work xD. does anybody know if soaking it in wd 40 would clean it?

that takes like 5 minutes. or go buy another chain. i find pleasure in working on my bike and keeping it dialed

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

8/13/2013 5:24 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

that takes like 5 minutes. or go buy another chain. i find pleasure in working on my bike and keeping it dialed

i like dealing with anything other than the chain >.>

|

!!!My Bike Check!!!

8/13/2013 5:37 PM

Icant180 wrote:

thats just like lubing it

|

8/13/2013 5:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2013 5:42 PM

The only hard part is getting your back wheel back in the right spot if you take the chain off to clean the diver but that takes like a minuet if you know how to do it right.
Edit WD 40 probably would work since its a degreaser but I've never tried it

|

My Fit

8/13/2013 5:48 PM

The rag thing is the best way. Just do that, fuck scraping anything.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/13/2013 5:54 PM

Plus if you did the rag thing then it would take like literally 2 minuets maybe less.

|

My Fit

8/13/2013 5:55 PM

chad88 wrote:

WD 40 technically isnt a lube dood. im just gonna go ham on it and see how clean i can get it xD

|

!!!My Bike Check!!!

8/13/2013 5:58 PM

Icant180 wrote:

chad88 wrote:

Icant180 wrote:

WD 40 technically isnt a lube dood. im just gonna go ham on it and see how clean i can get it xD

Let me know how that works because i might use my technique with WD40 if i ever wanted to make my chain like retardedly clean lol.

|

My Fit

8/13/2013 5:58 PM

Icant180 wrote:

do it if you like your cranks to spin easily

|

8/13/2013 6:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2013 7:01 PM

what i do is i lossen my chain and send a paper towel between my sprocket teeth and my chain like this to clean the inside of the links. and i just do it untill i get all my links clean, i also whipe down all of the links

Photo

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/13/2013 7:24 PM

I cleaned mine before by soaking it in WD40 for awhile then scrubbing it with an old tooth brush. Make sure to lube it up afterwards then.

|

8/13/2013 9:18 PM

gasoline but be sure to put fresh grease

|

8/13/2013 9:39 PM

when it gets really, beyond the point of wiping off, a dip in a degreaser or acetone when i dont have simple green and an old toothbrush handy

ALWAYS RE GREASE YOUR CHAIN AFTER CLEANING IT
because you will also be taking away the lubricant

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/13/2013 9:43 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

watch doing this. one time was spinning it quick and didn't pay attention and a little piece went into the sprocket and in with my hand and didn't end up to clean. had a nice blood pink sprocket after though smile

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

8/13/2013 9:52 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

when it gets really, beyond the point of wiping off, a dip in a degreaser or acetone when i dont have simple green and an old toothbrush handy

NEVER grease your chain. Ever.

|

8/13/2013 11:41 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

watch doing this. one time was spinning it quick and didn't pay attention and a little piece went into the sprocket and in with my hand and didn't end up to clean. had a nice blood pink sprocket after though smile

I've never done that lol but i have got some pieces of paper towel stuck in my sprocket when i didn't have a rag lol.

|

My Fit

8/13/2013 11:42 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I oil my chain then grease it, as it keeps the oil on.

|

8/13/2013 11:57 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

What kind of grease do you use?

|

My Fit

8/14/2013 12:13 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

fitbikerider14 wrote:

What kind of grease do you use?

I'm not sure, all I know is it's Bike grease.

|

8/14/2013 5:53 AM

Take your chain off, clean it with simple green or wd40. Put your chain back on, drip some oil on your chain/sprocket, then spin your cranks a few times.

|

fack off

8/14/2013 6:40 AM

i just sprayed some WD 40 on and then i did the rag thing and now it looks new again, thanks errybody

|

!!!My Bike Check!!!