How to 3 tire tap.

Related:
Create New Tag

3/27/2013 10:19 PM

How do you do them. I got 180s and now i want to learn these. How?

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

3/27/2013 10:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2013 10:20 PM

Don't try to learn 3 taps
Just try to learn flat 3's
You originally only do tap 3's, but you won't burn it in your head to tap them since you are trying for a full three

Hop harder, spin harder

|

3/27/2013 10:21 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

Don't try to learn 3 taps
Just try to learn flat 3's
You originally only do tap 3's, but you won't burn it in your head to tap them since you are trying for a full three

Hop harder, spin harder

this. and tons of practice/trying. it wont just come right away. itll take awhile

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

3/27/2013 10:27 PM

the way I learned was to just go for a full 360 right away. I had no idea how to tap but I could get the rotation, just my ass end wouldn't stay up so I'd end up tapping instead. Eventually I'd do like 270s and land in the tap and finish the rotation right before 360s.

In my eyes they're training wheels for 360s but everyone learns them differently.. I forgot how to do them after learning hop 360s so I had to teach myself to do them, which was easier now that I had more bike control.. so what I would do is do a 180 like normal, but lean back more and use pedal pressure to complete the rotation. You know how when you do a 180, you pull up and kinda tuck? Don't do the tuck part when you do that, get your front off the ground as high as you'd normally do so, but don't pull your back end up as much, that'll help

|

3/27/2013 10:35 PM

If you really wanna do a 3 tap. 180 but try to keep your front end up a little longer and your back land first. Then, give pedal pressure right away.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

3/27/2013 11:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2013 11:41 PM

go for three flat and just keep doing it. you will eventually learn. (i learned them at 11:00 at night)

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

3/28/2013 12:36 AM

don't try 3 taps. Try 3s and you'll do taps at first. That's just what people do when they fuck up a 3

|

vital's redneck

3/28/2013 4:00 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

the way I learned was to just go for a full 360 right away. I had no idea how to tap but I could get the rotation, just my ass end wouldn't stay up so I'd end up tapping instead. Eventually I'd do like 270s and land in the tap and finish the rotation right before 360s.

In my eyes they're training wheels for 360s but everyone learns them differently.. I forgot how to do them after learning hop 360s so I had to teach myself to do them, which was easier now that I had more bike control.. so what I would do is do a 180 like normal, but lean back more and use pedal pressure to complete the rotation. You know how when you do a 180, you pull up and kinda tuck? Don't do the tuck part when you do that, get your front off the ground as high as you'd normally do so, but don't pull your back end up as much, that'll help

Follow whats listed here, but also youre going to keep your legs straight, or at least one of them. You do not want to tuck your feet.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

3/28/2013 6:12 AM

I blow so much dick at 3's. I don't know why, I just can't fucking do them.... I can almost full-cab and 180 like its nothing, but 3's are just impossible.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

3/28/2013 7:24 AM

3 tap's messed me up. some time's i can hop 3 on flat but then some times my back wheel touches. It's annoying.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

3/28/2013 8:05 AM

Start trying 3s and you'll get 3 taps and then work out on how to get legit 3s.
Spin harder, look and tuck dem knees.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

3/28/2013 8:15 AM

stalling the top of a 1/4 might help with the pedal pressure & leaning stuff people describe above.

|

United0Cult0

3/28/2013 8:59 AM

3s are easy, just hop and huck them around.

|

3/28/2013 9:08 AM

JarrodBmxWA wrote:

3s are easy, just hop and huck them around.

!!!

|

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

3/28/2013 9:46 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

I blow so much dick at 3's. I don't know why, I just can't fucking do them.... I can almost full-cab and 180 like its nothing, but 3's are just impossible.

Youre too street.
Jk

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

3/28/2013 10:51 AM

3 taps never came to me by accident the whole 4 months i tried regular 3's. I had to actually put effort into learning them. If you really want to do them just think of it as an over rotated 180 where you land back end heavy, then just use the pedal pressure to finish the rotation. For me they actually helped with flat 3's because i got the feel for the rotation and keeping my head turned. Then for flat 3's i just think "same motion but tuck legs up."

|

3/28/2013 11:18 AM

I never cared for 3 tire taps. I went straight into trying hop 3s. Every time I tire tapped I'd go fucking crazy. My hop 3s are pretty dialed now tho.. I can 3 up a 3 set.

But I spun my first 360s off flyout. If you can't 360 on a flyout don't even bother with doing them on flat. Get that rotation down first and it'll make those tire taps a lot easier. Fuck even a little plastic ramp into grass helps. Huck it bro.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

3/28/2013 1:16 PM

Just learn 900's and not rotate as much. Thats how to 360.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/28/2013 2:45 PM

3 taps are easy, just practice doing 180s but dont lift up your back tire very high when you hope, so that when you land your back tire will hit the ground first. After you can do this just keep turning your head beyond the 180 and spin more so you land more 270 on your back tire, and pivot out of it. After you get 360 taps, they become annoying when learning 360s since you feel like you always must put your back tire down first instead of landing flat

|

3/28/2013 4:48 PM

pedal pressure is key......the advice here is good......i did it backwards i learned 3 taps to learn 360s........overrotate a 180 keep leaning and pulling back with pedal pressure and just look with your head and shoulders the dirrection your trying to spin and eventually it will keep coming around. its a good trick to get dailed cause once you get the pedal pressure part dialed you can keep it going with 540 to fakie tire taps and 720 taps and so on..

|