How to 990mount bolts with stripped heads??

Related:
Create New Tag

10/9/2016 11:17 AM

Got a frame with 990 mounts on it but the Allen heads are stripped inside sooo I can't take them off. Anyone deal with this before and know how get them off?

|

10/9/2016 11:34 AM

go to hardware store and ask for some reverse drill bits about same size.... drill em out

|

10/9/2016 12:01 PM

JRsmoothee wrote:

go to hardware store and ask for some reverse drill bits about same size.... drill em out

Almost. A reverse thread drill bit will just drill a hole into it. You need an easy out (or ez out). Which is like a drill bit with a reverse thread, but it gets wider. You need to drill a small hole into the bolt first. Then use the easy out

|

10/9/2016 3:46 PM

One of the few things that actually works as described on tv (as long as you have a drill):
Photo

I've used it on a bunch of stripped heads and it hasn't failed me yet. Can get them at Wal-Mart, Home Depot, ect.

|

10/9/2016 5:48 PM

Run brakes

|

It’s all bmx

10/9/2016 7:10 PM

Try putting a but of duct tape in head and jam the Allen in, saw this on you tube awhile back

|

10/9/2016 9:23 PM

Thanks. It's the classic style where the actual mount has threads on it. I just used a vice grip directly on the mount and twisted it off. Left teeth marks in the mounts but it's not like I was gonna use them.
I'll have to try the duct tape trick if I come across stripped heads again.

|

10/10/2016 2:28 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Run brakes

I second this.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn