How to Change forks?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/10/2014 2:17 PM

so, im getting new bars and forks and I need to know how to swap out my old fork for my new one. pictures would be Very appreciated or just a good description
I have an S&M Enduro Stem, an Odyssey Integrated headset, and I'm getting the Odyssey R-Race fork if that means anything
thanks in advance
-Dom

|

3/10/2014 2:29 PM

It pretty easy, you loose the side stem bolts, then you lose the comrpesion cap, take the fork out, put the other, put the stem, tight the compression ccap, tigh the side stem bolts.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/10/2014 3:09 PM

That ^^^ & always use grease

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

3/10/2014 3:13 PM

Pretty much whay was said above and always greasr all the bolts...ALWAYS

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/10/2014 3:29 PM

Only thing I would add to this is that your new fork steerer may be longer than your old one, so you may need to add extra spacers underneath the stem to get it to tighten properly.

Alternatively, you can cut your fork steerer. This is pretty easy if you have a hack saw and a guide. After you've cut the fork steerer, you'll want to file off the edges with a file to make sure everything goes together smoothly.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

3/10/2014 3:58 PM

First take out the bolts on the side of your stem, next take off the big bolt/cap on top of your stem (compression bolt). Then your stem will still be attached to your bars. Make sure your front wheel is touching the ground, then slide the bars and stem off of the forks, (just pull up on it while twisting it side to side with your feet putting pressure on the tire to keep it down, then you should be able to just lift your Frame up and your forks are free! Just repeat these steps backwards to put back on. Hope this helped!

|

3/10/2014 6:36 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Only thing I would add to this is that your new fork steerer may be longer than your old one, so you may need to add extra ...more

This. I had to add a bunch of spacers to my r32. With integrated headsets changing out forks is easy as fuck. Just remember to grease the shit out of it lol

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

3/10/2014 11:02 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Only thing I would add to this is that your new fork steerer may be longer than your old one, so you may need to add extra ...more

Since you have to ask on how to change forks. i'd advice that you buy spacers for your fork instead of cutting the steer tube.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

3/11/2014 7:22 AM

BTW, do you loose the warranty when you cut the steer tube of r25s?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/11/2014 8:16 AM

T-rider wrote:

If you cut off too much yes. i called up Full Factory before i cut mine, theirs about an inch of space before you hit threads if i remember correctly. If you plan to cut more then a inch off email them a make sure thats fine.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/11/2014 9:36 AM

Someone made a very nice tutorial/how to, with pictures a few weeks back. It was on this site and really should be a sticky.

As simple as working on bmx bikes are, if you haven't taken a bike apart/replaced parts, pictures can be a nice thing to help you mentally understand what is going on.

Does anyone remember that tutorial? (I can't find it)

|

3/11/2014 9:59 AM

T-rider wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

If you cut off too much yes. i called up Full Factory before i cut mine, theirs about an inch of space before you hit threads ...more

I was palning to cut a tiny bit, like a few mm, so i dont have to run 2 dust caps to clear the tube exaclty.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/11/2014 11:59 AM

pnj wrote:

Someone made a very nice tutorial/how to, with pictures a few weeks back. It was on this site and really should be a sticky.
...more

i just found that one ill link it

|

3/11/2014 11:59 AM

one try kid wrote:

Since you have to ask on how to change forks. i'd advice that you buy spacers for your fork instead of cutting the steer tube. ...more

well i know people who can cut the tube for me, Im already running a spacer i believe

|

3/11/2014 12:24 PM

look it up on youtube lol

|

3/11/2014 1:17 PM

transition_chris wrote:

one try kid wrote:

Since you have to ask on how to change forks. i'd advice that you buy spacers for your fork instead of cutting the steer tube. ...more

RedLenz© wrote:

well i know people who can cut the tube for me, Im already running a spacer i believe

you can put another lol. The steer tube of my r25s is a longer than my old stock forks.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER