Related:
Create New Tag

8/5/2013 10:57 PM

Get a snowbaoard lock. Way cheaper and the same exact thing

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

8/5/2013 11:34 PM

Or save your $5 and don't be a retard that locks their bike. It takes 10 seconds and a pair of boltcutters to take your bike. I don't even leave mine in the garage, unless I'm riding my bike it stays in my room. Too much money invested for some fucking punk to take my hard earned money away

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

8/6/2013 2:02 AM

yup^ min is in my room so fagz don't come. but i live in the middle of no where so i can leave it out side for a week lol

|

Bruh

8/6/2013 4:17 AM

Haven't found a snowboard lock for less than $15. Where's this $5 one?

|

8/6/2013 5:44 AM

Nigga, are you smoking rocks?
Your best bet is to:
1. Keep your bike with you.
Or
2. Lock that bitch up with chainlink and a master lock.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

8/6/2013 6:44 AM

Ressler711 wrote:

Or save your $5 and don't be a retard that locks their bike. It takes 10 seconds and a pair of boltcutters to take your bike. I don't even leave mine in the garage, unless I'm riding my bike it stays in my room. Too much money invested for some fucking punk to take my hard earned money away

Well uh, if you wanna leave the house and uh, I don't know, ride somewhere, if you go inside a store you can't run home, leave your bike there, and then go back to the store. That's what the combat lock is for, the advertisement warns you against using for a long period of time.

That said, it's still a waste of money. I already own a sturdy bike lock, and I use it for ducking into stores, or when I ride to school (also can't do that with the combat lock). At interbike, they showed that it looked easier to use than a regular bike lock, and was quicker to set up, but I did think that wire looked awfully thin. After the commercial came out, I don't want it anymore: it may be quicker than my current lock, but it's weak as fuck and a waste of money

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

8/6/2013 7:33 AM

The grenade body should be a dead give away that it's nothing more than a gimmick.

|

8/6/2013 10:31 AM

Fondue wrote:

The grenade body should be a dead give away that it's nothing more than a gimmick.

A gimmick that works if you use it right. I agree that you shouldnt rely on a lock like this to secure your bike, this kind of lock is meant to slow people down.

I use one when i go to the local burger spot, my bikes in view at all times, but i can eat inside knowing i can get to my bike faster than someone could cut the lock jump on and be off.

Without the lock thats not really the case as there are some pretty quick people around here that have made it a business to take bikes left outside of business's.

Remember, "the right tool for the job" ALL locks are meant to slow people down NOT to stop them, shit, it takes about 5 seconds and a pipe to "remove" a club on a car wheel.

|

8/6/2013 10:42 AM

shouldnt this be in the how to section?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

8/6/2013 10:44 AM

Fondue wrote:

supremelylazzy wrote:

A gimmick that works if you use it right. I agree that you shouldnt rely on a lock like this to secure your bike, this kind of lock is meant to slow people down.

I use one when i go to the local burger spot, my bikes in view at all times, but i can eat inside knowing i can get to my bike faster than someone could cut the lock jump on and be off.

Without the lock thats not really the case as there are some pretty quick people around here that have made it a business to take bikes left outside of business's.

Remember, "the right tool for the job" ALL locks are meant to slow people down NOT to stop them, shit, it takes about 5 seconds and a pipe to "remove" a club on a car wheel.

Never said it didn't work.

gim·mick
[gim-ik]
noun
an ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, especially one designed to attract attention or increase appeal.

|

8/6/2013 10:52 AM

FuckYoCult wrote:

Your best bet is to:
Or

Careful with that, you should still keep your bike in view, masterlock keys will open masterlocks other than the one it came with.
Over the years i have acquired about 30 of them from various jobs and what not, if the first key i try works were talkin 5 or 10 seconds to open the lock.

Now the odds of me getting it with the first key are low, BUT the thing is a YOLO bike thief will walk up and start trying to open the lock in full view of a bunch of people as it doesnt look like he is trying to steal it. When he gets it open, he's gunna ride away with your bike, your chain and yuor lock.

Granted most bike thiefs dont carry master lock keyrings around with them, but better safe than sorry!

Theres also something called a bump key, which for master locks, would be a masterlock key with the protruding parts ground down, given enough time a key like that will open ANY masterlock, but as a bump key is a real locksmiths tool, alot of skill is involved, the better some one is the faster they are able to open the lock, again all while appearing to unlock there own bike.

Anybody wondering how i know this stuff? I use to work in a tow yard, it was my job to open cars without keys WITHOUT damaging the lock or the car.

P.S. long time no see vital, i will promptly make a "best grips?" thread.

|

8/6/2013 10:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2013 11:04 AM

Fondue wrote:

Never said it didn't work.

gim·mick
[gim-ik]
noun
an ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, especially one designed to attract attention or increase appeal.

Just looked at the lock in ?, and you are correct in it being pretty gimmiky, i wouldnt use it for anything. To specify i use a standard thick cable lock NOT the subrosa lock.

Looking at the subrosa one DAMN that cable is thin, looks like this was desgined with form over function in mind. Although if the cable is pretty long i can see this as an allright deterrent when you have that huge bike pile to lock up the whole pile of bikes.

|

8/6/2013 11:27 AM

hmuifulikefriedchicken wrote:

Well uh, if you wanna leave the house and uh, I don't know, ride somewhere, if you go inside a store you can't run home, leave your bike there, and then go back to the store. That's what the combat lock is for, the advertisement warns you against using for a long period of time.

That said, it's still a waste of money. I already own a sturdy bike lock, and I use it for ducking into stores, or when I ride to school (also can't do that with the combat lock). At interbike, they showed that it looked easier to use than a regular bike lock, and was quicker to set up, but I did think that wire looked awfully thin. After the commercial came out, I don't want it anymore: it may be quicker than my current lock, but it's weak as fuck and a waste of money

Uh if I need to go into a store, I bring my bike in. If they kick me out I go to the next one. You can practically rip a snowboard lock off with your hands, and again all it takes is a bolt cutter for the thick ones. If you need to go somewhere bad enough get a car

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

8/6/2013 11:39 AM

i use this long thick ass cable with a u lock that goes all the way around my bike i lock through the pedales bars frame both wheels then i take my seat off and sometimes the stem if im in the mood i use it just for school and when im at home to you can never be to careful i keep my bike in the basement but even still its under lock and key

Photo
i also check on my bike at school during and in between classes im thinking about just taking my bike to my classes this year or just not bringing it at all the downside to that is i wont be able to go to the skate park during lunch which is the best time since its empty

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/6/2013 11:48 AM

the mother ship are you in college?

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

8/6/2013 11:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2013 11:55 AM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

not yet highschool why

|

Last words?
- Jeremiah Smith

8/6/2013 1:16 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

Uh if I need to go into a store, I bring my bike in. If they kick me out I go to the next one. You can practically rip a snowboard lock off with your hands, and again all it takes is a bolt cutter for the thick ones. If you need to go somewhere bad enough get a car

ever been under 16? Of course you have! That means you know it's not always possible to drive somewhere

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

8/6/2013 1:29 PM

So this lil guy is for those of you who don't bring a bag of any kind when you ride. Pocket Sized.

I would use a U-lock ANY time you can.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/6/2013 2:14 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

So this lil guy is for those of you who don't bring a bag of any kind when you ride. Pocket Sized.

I would use a U-lock ANY time you can.

yeah you need like a saw or something to get through one

|

Last words?
- Jeremiah Smith

8/6/2013 2:41 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

TheMotherShip wrote:

not yet highschool why

they let you leave during lunch? our school is locked dwon from 720 to 220 or whatever the hours are.. we cant even go to our cars in the parking lot unless it rains(fpor all the stupid people that leave their windows down lol)

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

8/6/2013 5:16 PM

lol yeah we can leave pretty must whenever we feel they have cameras and stuff like that but if we get up and walk out they cant physically stop a student if he or she wants to leave they could block the door but most don't want to get physical so some teachers usually just let the student leave

i just ask to go to the bathroom every 15 to 20 minutes to go and check and just walk right out the door they flip shit if people don't use a hall pass though just this year they gave every class this big as pieces of wood with the class number on it i take it with me so i have something to beat the shit out of anyone touching my bike

|

Last words?
- Jeremiah Smith

8/7/2013 8:21 AM

TheMotherShip wrote:

i use this long thick ass cable with a u lock that goes all the way around my bike i lock through the pedales bars frame both wheels then i take my seat off and sometimes the stem if im in the mood i use it just for school and when im at home to you can never be to careful i keep my bike in the basement but even still its under lock and key

Photo
i also check on my bike at school during and in between classes im thinking about just taking my bike to my classes this year or just not bringing it at all the downside to that is i wont be able to go to the skate park during lunch which is the best time since its empty

i use a similar setup to this. but i use a thicker lock and a thicker cable and a kryptonite locking cable and i plan on having special stem bolts made to replace the normal ones. and i also am going to see if i cant bring it into class

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

8/7/2013 11:25 AM

^^ nice animal i wish i had something more thick and secure that u lock is so old the key some times wont even turn i end up have to wiggle it around for a couple minutes just to unlock it

|

Last words?
- Jeremiah Smith

8/7/2013 12:43 PM

Yeah, I plan on buying a second even thicker u-lock to really lock my rear wheel onto my bike

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

8/7/2013 12:52 PM

FuckYoCult wrote:

Your best bet is to:
Or

supremelylazzy wrote:

Careful with that, you should still keep your bike in view, masterlock keys will open masterlocks other than the one it came with.
Over the years i have acquired about 30 of them from various jobs and what not, if the first key i try works were talkin 5 or 10 seconds to open the lock.

Now the odds of me getting it with the first key are low, BUT the thing is a YOLO bike thief will walk up and start trying to open the lock in full view of a bunch of people as it doesnt look like he is trying to steal it. When he gets it open, he's gunna ride away with your bike, your chain and yuor lock.

Granted most bike thiefs dont carry master lock keyrings around with them, but better safe than sorry!

Theres also something called a bump key, which for master locks, would be a masterlock key with the protruding parts ground down, given enough time a key like that will open ANY masterlock, but as a bump key is a real locksmiths tool, alot of skill is involved, the better some one is the faster they are able to open the lock, again all while appearing to unlock there own bike.

Anybody wondering how i know this stuff? I use to work in a tow yard, it was my job to open cars without keys WITHOUT damaging the lock or the car.

P.S. long time no see vital, i will promptly make a "best grips?" thread.

All you can do it try to find a way to slow a thief down.. If someone wants it bad enough a lock if going to just slow them down. Idk but if i go into a store or something i usually bring it in with me if they tell me to take it out i guess i'll just take my business somewhere else.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/7/2013 12:56 PM

So glad I can just drive somewhere. Spots, parks, food joints, ect. I just lock my bike in the car

|

fack off

8/7/2013 1:27 PM

I use two of these and a longer one and a cable, not very convenient considering its like 15 pounds of extra weight in my back pack but its worth it, im tired of cunts stealing my bikes
Photo

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin