How to improve 180

Related:
Create New Tag

7/14/2019 9:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/14/2019 9:12 AM

I have OK bunny hops but when I try to 180 it sort of looks like a hop. Here is one my best 180s which I recently learned how to land.

&feature=youtu.be
|

7/14/2019 10:34 AM

From what it looks like, your riding pretty stiff so relax as much as you can

|

smile

7/14/2019 11:55 AM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

From what it looks like, your riding pretty stiff so relax as much as you can

Yeah i guess because I am thinking so hard whenever i got for a 180 because i dont want to hop.,
So all my focus is there so i tense up.

Was that 180 a hop 180 or somewhere in between

|

7/16/2019 8:15 AM

Those look like my normal 180... When i'm trying to do them higher and better, I consciously start with my butt further back which forces me to pull front up more before spinning...

I say try that.

|

7/16/2019 8:30 AM

This is a bit of a weird position to be in. You might wanna kinda straighten up a bit and not carve. When you carve on a 180 you tend to land unbalanced towards one side or another, and then that fucks everything else up.

Also, try to bend down and back a bit more before you hop. Your weight looks like it's all over the top tube/stem
Photo

At this point after you've hopped and start turning, suck your legs up consciously. That'll help you land more stable. Photo

Also, don't forget to turn your head. When you hop and start to turn, your head should almost already be looking at where you want your front wheel to land (behind your shoulder)

You'll get it though. Keep practicing.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.