How to keep wax from melting?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/7/2016 10:28 AM

In my riding bag I keep a big bar of wax, and since it gets pretty hot in there, it gets all soft. So do you guys have any suggestions on how to keep it from melting? I was thinking wrap it in aluminum foil?

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

6/7/2016 10:46 AM

Slaytanic Wehrmacht 666 wrote:

In my riding bag I keep a big bar of wax, and since it gets pretty hot in there, it gets all soft. So do you guys have any ...more

i think putting in a tupperware box would help

|

6/7/2016 11:24 AM

In my riding bag I keep a big bar of wax, and since it gets pretty hot in there, it gets all soft. So do you guys have any ...more

420bongblazer wrote:

i think putting in a tupperware box would help

This.

Foil might work, but it would be a short term solution. Get a small plastic container for it.

Soft wax is actually awesome-it forms onto the ledge better and fills in the imperfections to make things slide like butter.

Picture buttering toast. Soft butter works better than hard butter at spreading.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/7/2016 1:01 PM

softened wax doesn't sound bad. and wouldn't wrapping it in aluminum foil heat it up and melt it faster?

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

6/7/2016 2:06 PM

I keep mine in a ziploc bag. One time it completely melted so I just opened the bag and squeezed some on to a ledge. But if you're really set on keeping it solid, look into a small insulated bag, almost like a mini cooler.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/7/2016 2:07 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

softened wax doesn't sound bad. and wouldn't wrapping it in aluminum foil heat it up and melt it faster?

And this would only be true if it were left in the sun, I believe.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/7/2016 6:26 PM

Just go faster when you grind and you won't need wax

|

It’s all bmx

6/7/2016 8:50 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Real street shit

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

6/7/2016 9:09 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Haha no thanks bro

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

6/7/2016 10:23 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

well, sometimes you need wax though, especially if you want to smith, ice or hanger something.

I'll have to try that tupperware thing, or foil. Right now I keep a small brick of paraffin gulf wax (Stuff is AMAZING, better than candles or skate wax) in my bag in the car. I thought a little plastic baggy would save it from at least melting all over my tools and shit but I took my Animal tool out the other day and it looked like a horny nerd who just got back from a nude comic-con mistook it for his wank sock. I guess it somehow melted through the bag haha

|

6/8/2016 1:48 AM

Melt some down and put it in a cleaned out dip can. Carry it in your back pocket like you would dip, and just pop the can open and it pops right out. A piece of string sticking out of it wouldn't hurt though. Works good for me.

|