How to lace tree straight pull hubs

Related:
Create New Tag

4/25/2019 7:37 PM

Tried lacing them 3 cross like normal hubs and something just Isn’t right, also 6-7 spoke threads are all messed up now and stick to the nipple and turn with it. Any help is greatly appreciated

|

4/25/2019 8:00 PM

Pretty sure they’re supposed to be laced 5 cross. Google image search a built wheel

|

4/25/2019 8:07 PM

They are 5 cross. Literally just put the spokes in the hub and line them up to the holes in the rim that they go to. Easiest wheels to lace until it comes time to true them and half the spokes want to spin about🤣

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/25/2019 8:35 PM

.pegless. wrote:

Pretty sure they’re supposed to be laced 5 cross. Google image search a built wheel

Can’t find any pics lmao I tried finding pictures and videos

|

4/25/2019 11:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/25/2019 11:55 PM

Figured it out lmao

|

4/26/2019 6:27 AM

I’m afraid you’ll have to start all over again though. The logo on the hub doesn’t line up with the valve hole

|

4/26/2019 10:15 AM

.pegless. wrote:

I’m afraid you’ll have to start all over again though. The logo on the hub doesn’t line up with the valve hole

What does that have to do with anything lmao, sarcasm I hope.

|

4/26/2019 10:30 AM

Sphongeled wrote:

It's just an OCD thing for people who frequently build wheels

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/26/2019 10:47 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Sphongeled wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Ah I see, this is only the second set of wheels I have built myself so the straight pull is new to me. Pretty easy I just had the pattern backwards the first time.

|

4/26/2019 2:30 PM

You won't have to touch that wheel for years. My Tree hubs are on Birdcages, which are quite a bit weaker than Ribcages, and they've been completely solid. Straight pull is legit.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

4/26/2019 3:29 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

You won't have to touch that wheel for years. My Tree hubs are on Birdcages, which are quite a bit weaker than Ribcages, and they've been completely solid. Straight pull is legit.

Hell yeah man i’ve Always wanted some tree hubs after reading about them

|

4/29/2019 5:16 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Sphongeled wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

And if you work in a shop, more of an industry standard to show uniform ability and professionalism.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura