How to loop out every time?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2019 7:28 AM

Hey guys I want to progress and hop Higher and manuals but I know how to safely loop out but I barely ever get to loop out. I’m kind of scared to try to on concrete but on grass I can get it in it like 1 in 15 tries but it’s rare I’m not too comfortable leaning backwards but I want to know how to loop out easier and more common so I can get more bike control thanks.

|

2/28/2019 7:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2019 7:55 AM

Pull up and back, and then, move your arse down and back as the front wheel starts to come up. Grass is not going to help; it'll take your speed away very quickly and cause the front wheel to drop.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/28/2019 7:52 AM

^^ That.

But if you're worried about safely looping out, you have to know how to do it. Stand over your bike with your hands on your bars. Pull the bars up to your chest/face, and then crouch/squat down and hold onto your bike. Your rear wheel will travel away from you, and your bars and hands will come closer to your face. This is the ideal position you want to land in.

Both legs bent at the knees and feet as flat as possible. You don't have to hold onto your bike.

I used to loop out randomly onto one leg and hurt my knee pretty bad. Once you know how to catch it, you'll feel way more comfortable.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

2/28/2019 11:54 AM

Never practice hops or manuals on grass.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

2/28/2019 12:08 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Never practice hops or manuals on grass.

Not saying I practiced hops or manuals on grass I’m said I was trying to figure out how to loop out on the grass and bring it on to the street

|

2/28/2019 12:13 PM

tahir wrote:

Not saying I practiced hops or manuals on grass I’m said I was trying to figure out how to loop out on the grass and bring it on to the street

It's actually harder to loop out on grass. Just take it to the street; the worst that's likely to happen is that you land on your arse, which is character building.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/28/2019 12:48 PM

Get ready to kick your feet down and catch yourself. Get your ass over your tire and pull.

|

2/28/2019 2:21 PM

Make sure you don't have metal pin pedals and sticky shoes. Put me off learning manny's for ages but with regular shoes and pedals it's really not scary at all and I've never landed on my arse.

|

2/28/2019 2:44 PM

fooby wrote:

Make sure you don't have metal pin pedals and sticky shoes. Put me off learning manny's for ages but with regular shoes and pedals it's really not scary at all and I've never landed on my arse.

It is very possible to twist your ankle if you land wrong or on an uneven surface. Don't forget you can get hurt on the stupidest of shit. I had a life changing foot/ankle injury that causes me pain everyday at work/riding/walking/standing from a flatland trick going like 1 mile per hour and only lifting my rear tire a few inches off the ground.

Never forget you can get fucked up on the small shit, too. Respect all riding and be real, Don't pretend you will be fine no matter what.

All this being said, it is very important to learn how to comfortably loop out. Try getting into manual position and pushing hard on the pedals to basically jump off. You will feel the moment the bike goes past the point of balance but you will have the momentum to make it off. Just dont wait too long and get horizontal.

If you don't learn this important skill, you will have a higher chance of getting hurt when you need to bail. Unfortunately, the learning process is pretty harsh in bmx.

|

2/28/2019 3:06 PM

fooby wrote:

I've seen videos of MTB riders with clip pedals trying to wheelie, looping out, and breaking their ankles being unable to unclip.

My advice, firstly for me, manuals are 100% about pushing. Push the bars as far away from you as possible, push the cranks away from you with your legs, as far as you need to try and balance. Hopefully thinking about it like that might make looping out less scary - you're already pushing the bike away from you, so you won't get tangled or have it land on top of you.

Secondly, get low. If you think there's a change you're gunna fall on your arse, it's better to do it with your arse 1 foot above the ground, rather than 3 feet.

|

2/28/2019 5:43 PM

fooby wrote:

I ride metals with vans and ill confirm it sucks when I'm not able to bail really well sometimes. Damn near broke my ankle but I'm sticking with it (lol)

|

2/28/2019 7:28 PM

fooby wrote:

i know how to save myself when i loop out just fine its just that i cant get myself to loop out as common the front just goes back down

|

2/28/2019 8:15 PM

Learn by doing dumbass

|

13 years old

3/1/2019 12:32 AM

tahir wrote:

i know how to save myself when i loop out just fine its just that i cant get myself to loop out as common the front just goes back down

Then wouldn’t you say not looping out and just letting the front drop is a good thing?

If you can already loop out and catch yourself properly, don’t focus on looping out, focus on manuals.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

3/1/2019 4:10 AM

Give it time. The more you practice, the better you'll get. If you are having a hard time looping out while doing manuals, it sounds like you're not getting far enough back and possibly using your arms to pull the front end up. I was in the same boat as you, then I learned to just lean back and keep my arms straight. I loop out all the time when I'm practicing manuals.

*I can get 1 parking space on a good day. I'm still learning, but this is what I've learned from my experiences.

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

3/1/2019 6:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2019 7:00 AM

tahir wrote:

This is like dropping in. You gotta just do it. You CAN loop out, your brain is just jumping in the way because it wants to protect you.

Lock your arms, and dip your ass way back, it'll happen.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/3/2019 6:44 PM

Krooked wrote:

Learn by doing dumbass

Like you never asked other people for help at all in bmx stfu

|

3/3/2019 10:10 PM

whatever dude call me whatever you want at least i can pull up my bars LOL

|

13 years old

3/18/2019 6:41 PM

Still stuck on the leaning back further part it’s a huge mental block I don’t even know why I’m scared to if I can get off safely

|

3/18/2019 6:50 PM

tahir wrote:

Still stuck on the leaning back further part it’s a huge mental block I don’t even know why I’m scared to if I can get off safely

Get a video of you doing a manual.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

3/18/2019 8:16 PM

Here, I used this video here to help. I used to struggle with manuals alot and this video literally explains in good detail common mistakes and how to correct those mistakes so you pull some good manuals.

">Here
|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/18/2019 8:36 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Here, I used this video here to help. I used to struggle with manuals alot and this video literally explains in good detail common mistakes and how to correct those mistakes so you pull some good manuals.

">Here

Hahaha you get me pretty good lmao

|

3/18/2019 8:37 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Get a video of you doing a manual.

Will send one tomorrow

|

3/18/2019 10:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/18/2019 10:55 PM

tahir wrote:

Dude firstly know your mental block is real. You're not being a wimp. It's a physical reaction, the nerves in your spine are misfiring and you're locking up. You gotta train your body out of these blocks. And I reckon a lot of the time in BMX (not all of the time, but a lot), you can always go smaller, until you find yourself loosing up and able to do it, then get training and build up.

So this is my prescription.

Go to your driveway or carpark or whatever flat place you ride. Hell do it on grass or find a playground with that soft rubber stuff. Go reeeally slowly. And just jump off backwards off the bike. Throw it away in front of you. Ghostride that whip. Do this like twenty times.

Then, next level. This time start with straight arms, so all your jumping backwards action has to come from your legs, kicking or shoving the bike away in front of you. Again do this a bunch.

Level three. Now get the front wheel off the ground. Just like a leeetle bit. Then jump off backwards straight away, don't bother trying to hold it. Do this a bunch.

Then try fully manualing again.

|

3/19/2019 12:54 AM

Why? Why would you want to loop out? Just do a manual. If you loop out, jump off. You'll feel it going and have enough time to jump to your feet and let the bike go. It doesn't happen in a split second

|

3/19/2019 12:55 AM

Krooked wrote:

whatever dude call me whatever you want at least i can pull up my bars LOL

He didn't call you anything, sats

|

3/19/2019 1:11 AM

Krooked wrote:

Learn by doing dumbass

Give him a break dude, he’s just trying to learn.

|

Ride everything

3/19/2019 2:40 AM

Try doing loads of backdrops on a trampoline if it's a feature of falling backwards that should help it.

|

Hmmm

3/19/2019 5:14 AM

I know I got more people with that rick roll. Fess up

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/19/2019 5:25 AM

Yup.

|