How to make a filming handle/stick thing?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/20/2014 8:41 AM

So I do have a crappy camera to film with,but it doesn't have the threaded hole in the bottom to mount it to anything, because it's tiny and needs some sort of stabilization. So i got thinking and was wondering, could I make one that clamps on to it out of stuff like old 1 piece cranks? Has anyone done this or seen this done?

I'm talking about something like this:
Photo

|

12/20/2014 8:44 AM

My buddy cut some odyssey bars In half and welded a plate with a bolt to it to mount my Jvc hd camera , has a grip on it it works pretty well

|

12/20/2014 8:47 AM

eskimojay wrote:

My buddy cut some odyssey bars In half and welded a plate with a bolt to it to mount my Jvc hd camera , has a grip on it it works pretty well

I was thinking of doing something like that, any idea how I could get a thing that I could mount a cheap camera to/and or my phone?

|

12/20/2014 9:20 AM

anyone know how to do something like this for a gopro?

|

12/20/2014 10:21 AM

just use the pvc method. works fucking epic. tutorials on youtube. as far as holding on the camera w/o the threaded bit, im not sure

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

12/20/2014 11:57 AM

get a better cam, they arent very expensive
vx2000's are going for 350 or less on ebay
i just got a sony pd150 (vx2000 with xlr inputs, same body etc released same year, the version of the vx for professional use) for 200 and it's in awesome condition
a new opteka fisheye is 60-70$
save some money up and your footage will look a lot better

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/20/2014 12:13 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

get a better cam, they arent very expensive
vx2000's are going for 350 or less on ebay
i just got a sony pd150 (vx2000 with xlr inputs, same body etc released same year, the version of the vx for professional use) for 200 and it's in awesome condition
a new opteka fisheye is 60-70$
save some money up and your footage will look a lot better

I am, but jobs in the winter for kids my age are hard to come by. How about you make it snow here and I could get a job shoveling it. It hasn't snowed in almost a year.

|

12/20/2014 3:51 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

I am, but jobs in the winter for kids my age are hard to come by. How about you make it snow here and I could get a job shoveling it. It hasn't snowed in almost a year.

im working on it. give me a few more days to see if I can make it happen

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "