How to progress when you're always riding alone.

Related:
Create New Tag

3/7/2014 7:06 PM

Spring is gonna suck because I live near 0 parks and and have 0 people to ride with on a daily basis.

|

Save the industry

3/7/2014 7:11 PM

Set goals for yourself and keep it fun thats the biggest part, dont ger discouraged if something doesn't hapoen right away just keep trying it and when you finally land it you'll be stoked.

If you really dont like rriding alone try and get other people into riding and travel around to other places you'll find someone eventually

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/7/2014 7:18 PM

Same here i got nobody to ride. But someone that ride bmx were i live created a Facebook page so people can connect with other bmxer so we can ride together. I kinda scared to ride with them because I'm a beginner.

|

3/7/2014 7:31 PM

lol for me its the opposite, when i bike with friends i jsut kinda fuck around and when im by myself im trying to get a trick

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

3/7/2014 7:50 PM

just ride & set goals for yourself, maybe try to get some friends into riding, but don't force them to.

Personally, I don't progress that much when riding alone. I feel like trying something in the presence of my friends/people makes me "want it more" when attempting new stuff. Such a good feeling riding with your friends & you're trying something, they're watching you, and you finally pull it and they're like fuck yeah.

|

3/7/2014 8:18 PM

progressing while alone is harder for sure...
When im with friends its even harder for me to learn tricks because i feel weird trying stuff in front of people...
the big thing is to stay excited about it.. for example i dont ride for hours on end.. i ride 10-20 minutes and then go do something else.. because then it makes me think about what im doing so it helps my progression...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

3/7/2014 8:24 PM

having people to ride with is cool for sure, but for me, being alone is when i push more. id seriously rather crash hard or fuck up a trick riding alone. i was alone when i fucked my wrist up and to be honest, it was better because i didnt have 45 people going "holy shit....you okay? that looked bad". i just took it mellow and did what i had to do with no bullshit going on.

more concentration alone too.

i dont disagree with any of the above, but for me, the charge comes from learning the trick alone, then maybe blast the trick when youre with people like its nothing lol.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

3/7/2014 8:35 PM

Listen to Metallica and huck at that bitch

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/7/2014 8:50 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

This is a good idea actually, whenever I listen to heavy metal & ride, I always feel like I could huck myself down a big stair set going 100mph haha

|

3/7/2014 9:08 PM

yes! till i did a 8 set with my 35lbs pos 3/8 single wall rims and got really tore up hah, but where i live we have a scene but everyone goes to the parks and there mobbed and im more street and i have 1 person i can trust that wolnt steal my shit but hes 25 min away down the high way and other friends are even further sucks, but listen to music try new tricks and maybe try to get some friends into it just to ride or record vid with you even if you arnt good or whatever it will keep you trying harder and harder, then you can look back on your progress you can be like damn i improved and youll feel good. go get em bro

|

3/7/2014 9:44 PM

I find doing "illegal" stuff sketchy while alone. Going in schools, private property, Drain ditches, and other things. I usually just cruse, grab a bite to eat, hang out at the local, always scout out new spots, and look for new people to ride with. i met most of my good friends just cruising.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

3/7/2014 9:48 PM

Send yourself to where you want to be. feel the feel you wanna FEEL. Do you, and shred that shit to your fullest capabilities. Put the body where the body wants to be. Send whatever the fuck you feel like sending. DO IT. Don't waste another second of your young self. Do it ALL.

imho

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

3/8/2014 1:18 AM

I have never ride with another rider. NEVER. I have literally 0 parks around me. I have been riding 2 years tho. Just go, find some spots, watch videos in youtube to help you to figure out how to do tricks and that.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/8/2014 2:22 AM

You'll get use to riding alone, I know I am, sometimes it sucks, and sometimes its ok, the closest skatepark is 45 min away and all the people that ride here are just kids that cant even bunny hop

|

3/8/2014 3:06 AM

Set goals, music helps too. I actually like riding alone when learning new stuff, I find I can concentrate better. Just have fun on ya bike or what's the point.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

3/8/2014 4:31 AM

Music is good to as soul said.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/8/2014 5:16 AM

There is a skatepark on Ashbury Rd.

|

3/8/2014 7:23 AM

^^^THIS, when i ride and listen to pantera or slayer i feel like i can do shit that'll make sean burns look like a bitch

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/8/2014 7:31 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

^^^THIS, when i ride and listen to pantera or slayer i feel like i can do shit that'll make sean burns look like a bitch

lol

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/8/2014 7:40 AM

I find i progress more when i ride alone (which is pretty much all the time). Whenever i'm at a park with a bunch of people i usually just do things i'm comfertable with.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

3/8/2014 8:12 AM

|

3/8/2014 10:41 AM

Is that the one that guy got murdered at a while ago?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

3/8/2014 11:18 AM

Riding alone is good for you. It allows you to focus on what you want to do, and push yourself how you'd like to improve. I'd much rather ride with other people, cuz thats the most fun and also when I end up doing the gnarly stuff, but in terms of actually progressing my riding, I learn more riding by myself.

For example when youre by yourself, you don't hit the rail just because everyone else did, you do it because you want it. When I'm in that state of mind (wanting it for myself) I always end up riding better

|

3/8/2014 11:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2014 11:39 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

I'm one of the few metalheads in my town. When I ride I'll listen to Metallica , Pantera , Slipknot , Rob Zombie , Cancer Bats , a couple other hard shit. It makes you flllyyyy at shit LOL

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/8/2014 1:26 PM

FEDEXdoobie wrote:

Riding alone is good for you. It allows you to focus on what you want to do, and push yourself how you'd like to improve. I'd ...more

Id rather have people to ride with allways than never

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/8/2014 1:44 PM

Majestic_Muffin wrote:

Found a skatepark I think. ...more

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Is that the one that guy got murdered at a while ago?

That was Woodland Skate Park in Hampton, VA.

|