How to remodel ramps?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/9/2011 2:27 PM

ok me and my friends have a box jump, 7ft quarter pipe, 2 4 four quarter pipes like a 2 foot kicker and another quarter pipe with no deck so we push it up to walls for wall rides. But these are all in my friends backyard and the wood has kinda rotted so should we just replace the wood on top of the ramps because the frames of the ramps look good. ill get pics tomorrow because its pooring rain

|

Refs: 14
bstick (cranks), Ftkallday (xbox), Brenden1207 (xbox live), Brokenbmx (cranks), jb07 (stem)
TCbmx (hubs), Wolfen (hub), William_Cespedes (cranks), SuperstarDK (wheelset) x2
Blizzbikes (Forks+Freecoaster) k1ng (bars), Spikez5 (chain+sprocket+bb), Evil1_4real (Frame)
J.r._Faw (lotta shit)

Angrypengion.biz
INNOCENT BYSTANDER!

4/9/2011 2:29 PM

probably make new ones, if the wood is worn down then it isn't sturdy anymore

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

4/9/2011 2:29 PM

i want pics of them in the rain!

i got a 40 dollar lowes gift card and a 50 dollar bill. i want to build something but idk yet, i already have an 8 ft long 2 foot high grind box, and a almost 2 foot tall kicker.

|

4/9/2011 2:32 PM

carjakester wrote:

probably make new ones, if the wood is worn down then it isn't sturdy anymore

its beel like 6 months since we have rode them and the wood just seems damp all the time now but i got ontop of all the ramps and jumped on tem and the frames are still good. im just thinking strip up all the plywood and replace it,

|

bstick (cranks), Ftkallday (xbox), Brenden1207 (xbox live), Brokenbmx (cranks), jb07 (stem)
TCbmx (hubs), Wolfen (hub), William_Cespedes (cranks), SuperstarDK (wheelset) x2
Blizzbikes (Forks+Freecoaster) k1ng (bars), Spikez5 (chain+sprocket+bb), Evil1_4real (Frame)
J.r._Faw (lotta shit)

Angrypengion.biz
INNOCENT BYSTANDER!

4/9/2011 2:33 PM

collin86 wrote:

i want pics of them in the rain!

i got a 40 dollar lowes gift card and a 50 dollar bill. i want to build something but idk yet, i already have an 8 ft long 2 foot high grind box, and a almost 2 foot tall kicker.

yeah ill get pics tomorrow. haha but its a killer ack yard setup just needs some work. its so fun the way we have it set up

|

J.r._Faw (lotta shit)

Angrypengion.biz
INNOCENT BYSTANDER!

4/9/2011 3:44 PM

yes probably all you need to do is replace the top layer of plywood

|

4/9/2011 7:37 PM

D Thompson wrote:

thats what im going to do. it was so fun riding them, dont want all the hard work and money for the wood go to waste so im going to redo the top lyer of wood with my friend.

|

J.r._Faw (lotta shit)

Angrypengion.biz
INNOCENT BYSTANDER!

7/10/2011 5:26 AM

We still want pictures of them ! :D

|

7/10/2011 6:49 AM

D Thompson wrote:

xBikeaholic wrote:

thats what im going to do. it was so fun riding them, dont want all the hard work and money for the wood go to waste so im going to redo the top lyer of wood with my friend.

PAINT THEM. It will last longer. My quarter has been outside in mn for 11 years, STILL RIDEABLE. It goes through rain and snow.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/10/2011 9:10 AM

paint helps alot. my 3 foot quarter has survived 2 oregon winters and still rips. just take all the rideable ply off and check it out. sturdy stuff up if you have to with screws, NOT NAILS (its a sin to build ramps with nails) if its still solid, reply it and keep ridin it, i would. but until the whole ramp falls apart under you, its still rideable so dont throw em away.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS