How to switch your Eclat Blind Freecoaster hub from RSD to LSD.

Related:
Create New Tag

12/19/2014 8:48 AM

Hi guys.

We just put out two videos explaing how to look after and switch your Blind freecoaster hub.

We hope that answers any questions you might have!
|

12/19/2014 8:56 AM

Its cool that you guys are actually posting on vital i appreciate that. And my friends considering this coaster and wants to know how often it should be greased or if its like a cassette where you rarely grease it

|

12/19/2014 9:00 AM

joshcooldude wrote:

Its cool that you guys are actually posting on vital i appreciate that. And my friends considering this coaster and wants to know how often it should be greased or if its like a cassette where you rarely grease it

No worries. You guys asked for a video so we made one. Some times all you got to do is ask wink

As far as grease, it wont need regular greasing but its important there is a small amount of grease in the pawl seats and in the ratchet ring.

|

12/19/2014 9:04 AM

eclatbmxparts wrote:

No worries. You guys asked for a video so we made one. Some times all you got to do is ask wink

As far as grease, it wont need regular greasing but its important there is a small amount of grease in the pawl seats and in the ratchet ring.

thanks and jeez i might sell my freemix and get a blind if customer service is this nice

|

12/19/2014 9:11 AM

Directions unclear, got dick stuck in axle. Help?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/19/2014 10:38 AM

joshcooldude wrote:

eclatbmxparts wrote:

These new stevie forks, Im highly interested because of the 170mm steerer tube..is the black an ED Black, or is it like a really glossy black?

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

12/19/2014 1:27 PM

This freecoaster seems amazing. How is the female one for the 6mm allen?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/19/2014 2:29 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Doesn't work with it, female axle is not broached for an allen . Probably gonna have to mount one side on and loosen the other. The male axle is easier to disassemble just because the Allen insert gives you the leverage to do it in hand. The understanding of the hub is easy but I'm sure you're gonna see others have issues. Union posted something on FB and someone stated theirs was automatically engaging in reverse...which was rode by 2 riders. I think they may just be from the clutch disk tension being off but until they reply, its unknown. Been hesitant to build mine while waiting on reviews....hopefully there's no issues cause I'm looking forward to building this and z coaster.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

12/20/2014 3:09 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

The Horror Contact wrote:

Doesn't work with it, female axle is not broached for an allen . Probably gonna have to mount one side on and loosen the other. The male axle is easier to disassemble just because the Allen insert gives you the leverage to do it in hand. The understanding of the hub is easy but I'm sure you're gonna see others have issues. Union posted something on FB and someone stated theirs was automatically engaging in reverse...which was rode by 2 riders. I think they may just be from the clutch disk tension being off but until they reply, its unknown. Been hesitant to build mine while waiting on reviews....hopefully there's no issues cause I'm looking forward to building this and z coaster.

This is not true. The female axle Blinb hub (and ALL our female hubs) still has a 6mm broach, however it is in the centre of the axle so you need a long reach allen key. You can still use it as extra leverage to tighten or loosen the cone.

|

12/20/2014 11:47 AM

Whats the centre axle size on the female verson?

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

12/20/2014 3:38 PM

You do realise Tim still has his dick stuck in the axle right?

|

12/20/2014 4:19 PM

Looks like thick grease will fuck that shit up.

Recommend any grease for the hub?

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

12/20/2014 5:05 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

You do realise Tim still has his dick stuck in the axle right?

Halp

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/20/2014 10:10 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Halp

0/10 customer service would not recommend

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/20/2014 10:28 PM

What's it better at , cassette or coasting ? What if I bought it for the cassette aspect ? Theoricitcally

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/20/2014 11:22 PM

Theoretically, it would have a fair sized gap as you can tell from the hubs "teeth"

|

12/21/2014 10:44 AM

Hey my Blind keeps engaging when fakieing and doesn't coast or disengage at all anymore how can i fix

|

BmxSavage

Refs:Mike-E -Profile minis, 7ka , and seatpost

Instagram:Issabikelife
YouTube:Bmxcheerios

12/22/2014 2:25 AM

DGK_all_day_AKA_ wrote:

Hey my Blind keeps engaging when fakieing and doesn't coast or disengage at all anymore how can i fix

By the sounds of it your clutch disk is round the wrong way. Take out the internals, flip the clutch disk and then try again.

|

12/22/2014 7:52 AM

eclatbmxparts wrote:

By the sounds of it your clutch disk is round the wrong way. Take out the internals, flip the clutch disk and then try again.

I Fixed It The Spring Just Popped Will You Be Selling The Springs For The Hub If It Pops This Easy

|

BmxSavage

Refs:Mike-E -Profile minis, 7ka , and seatpost

Instagram:Issabikelife
YouTube:Bmxcheerios

12/22/2014 8:49 AM

I've been waiting for this coaster eagerly to come out, but was extremely disappointed to hear you cannot adjust the slack. Is it true that the only slack size is about 1/8 of a crank? was there ever any issue during testing with using pedal pressure? I've had the ezra coaster since it first came out and have had all sorts of trouble with it, mainly I think due to the small slack space. I would use pedal pressure sometimes while doing fakkie tricks (which I never did with any other KHE coasters with max slack) by accident because of the small amount of slack available. As a result, I broke bearing multiple times and broke the largest slack disc.

With the pawl system you guys are using and the small amount of unchangeable slack I am worried this will cause problems if pedal pressure is sometimes used.

|

http://grouphomebikes.com/

5050 Skatepark

text me for faster response 646 two four nine 2552

12/22/2014 8:55 AM

xlilkillaluc15x wrote:

I've been waiting for this coaster eagerly to come out, but was extremely disappointed to hear you cannot adjust the slack. Is it true that the only slack size is about 1/8 of a crank? was there ever any issue during testing with using pedal pressure? I've had the ezra coaster since it first came out and have had all sorts of trouble with it, mainly I think due to the small slack space. I would use pedal pressure sometimes while doing fakkie tricks (which I never did with any other KHE coasters with max slack) by accident because of the small amount of slack available. As a result, I broke bearing multiple times and broke the largest slack disc.

With the pawl system you guys are using and the small amount of unchangeable slack I am worried this will cause problems if pedal pressure is sometimes used.

Originally we planned make the slack adjustable but all the team wanted the maximum slack so we set it up like this. The slack is actually more like 1/5, much more than the ezra style hub. In fact the hub is designed to work with pedal pressure with no issues what so ever, Shane uses some pedal pressure on certain fakie tricks and his hub has been fine going a year strong now.

|

12/22/2014 10:11 AM

i know this is off topic but i didnt get a response to the dm. I was curious if you guys are not making the new SLIM unify anymore since it was taken off the website. thanks.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

12/23/2014 3:06 AM

ticaleb wrote:

i know this is off topic but i didnt get a response to the dm. I was curious if you guys are not making the new SLIM unify anymore since it was taken off the website. thanks.

Sorry, we discontinued the slim unify seat. We only do it in the mid/fat padded option now.

|

12/25/2014 9:27 AM

Well you guys be selling aa separate axle for the hub for example if we gave the male version will there be a female conversion kit and vice versa for the female to male

|

12/25/2014 9:39 AM

So I got my Blind coaster on the 23rd and rode it for two days now. It seams really solid, great hub. But I tried to figure out how the slack works, but I don't get it really. I think the slack is the biggest when you crank down so your front foot is on the bottom and then crank back up and then do a 180 or whatever fakie trick. Am I right with that?

|

12/25/2014 1:00 PM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

So I got my Blind coaster on the 23rd and rode it for two days now. It seams really solid, great hub. But I tried to figure out how the slack works, but I don't get it really. I think the slack is the biggest when you crank down so your front foot is on the bottom and then crank back up and then do a 180 or whatever fakie trick. Am I right with that?

Yah. You gotta learn how to ride a coaster first . You pedal down , so the hub is engaged but when you pedal back it disengages from the hub creating the slack to fakie , thats why there's the space when you pedal before it engages

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/25/2014 1:23 PM

B(avaria)mx wrote:

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Yah. You gotta learn how to ride a coaster first . You pedal down , so the hub is engaged but when you pedal back it disengages from the hub creating the slack to fakie , thats why there's the space when you pedal before it engages

Dude, seriously, shut up. I've ridden a coaster for longer than you can imagine. That is true for KHE style coasters but this one is different. When you pedal a complete round back with a KHE coaster you have the max amount of slack, but with this one you don't, I tried it. Why do you think you can give advices on things you have never owned nor tried?

|

12/25/2014 1:32 PM

Shots fired

|

Follow on instagram will follow back.
brandonmorris_

12/31/2014 6:08 AM

*bump* so éclat could maybe answer

|

5/28/2015 5:32 PM

Hey if its not too much! Can you guy's make a video How to Properly adjust clutch disk.

I have it set up as LSD drive the Grub screw is tight but not super tight) and Cone Nut(Super tight!) and when i try to get the slack correct by adjusting the grub screws on the clutch disk 1/8 in increments of turn. It either become too tight and won't Freecoast or too lose and won't Engage forward Need Help A.S.A.P My Rim Build was made by Danscomp a week ago

G sport ribcage laced Eclat Blind hub"Of Course" with Primo XL spokes

|

hey i wanted to know a couple things. i have a united kl40 trans red 2013 expert fully custom high end parts and i noticed its not in stock at alot of places online and in stores. i was just wondering if you guys could give me an esitmate of what it is worth in future and now 2014 thank you.