How to tell the difference in wombolts or Twombolts

Related:
Create New Tag

1/10/2012 7:45 AM

I need to know how to tell these cranks apart from each other. My friend has a set, but don't know if they are twoms or woms.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Refs: SolomonGrundy!

Angrypenguin.biz

Braswellrealty.com

1/10/2012 10:15 AM

Bump, help a vital member out.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Angrypenguin.biz

Braswellrealty.com

1/10/2012 10:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2012 10:24 AM

i think if the bolt is hallow there twombs if not then there wombs without having bolth sets of cranks in your hands its hard to tell the difference the twombs non drive side arm is like 1.5mm wider at the base and the drive side is a little more beefy

|

I HAVE A PAIR OF BLACK ODDY 7KAS I WILL TRADE BOTH FOR A PAIR OF SUN ENVYS (MUST BE FRONT AND REAR MATCHING SET) ANY COLOR

1/10/2012 10:26 AM

iridebmx2122 wrote:

i think if the bolt is hallow there twombs if not then there wombs without having bolth sets of cranks in your hands its hard to tell the difference the twombs non drive side arm is like 1.5mm wider at the base and the drive side is a little more beefy

Can anyone confirm this?

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Angrypenguin.biz

Braswellrealty.com

1/10/2012 10:27 AM

the writing on the inside of them?

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

1/10/2012 10:33 AM

mccarthy04 wrote:

the writing on the inside of them?

These are painted!

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Angrypenguin.biz

Braswellrealty.com

1/10/2012 10:36 AM

the wedge is also a little thicker and im not posotive about the bolt think some wombs may have came with hallow bolts

|

I HAVE A PAIR OF BLACK ODDY 7KAS I WILL TRADE BOTH FOR A PAIR OF SUN ENVYS (MUST BE FRONT AND REAR MATCHING SET) ANY COLOR

1/10/2012 10:44 AM

the easiest way to tell is that wombolts will be broken, twombolts will not be. laughing

|

My BTM. // Facebook // Twitter // Google+ // Refs: guitar_frk, ridelittlebikes43, streetrat420, jb07, werkheiserBMX, SuperstarDK, trentydoo, BEASTASSDICK, pcoco, Showtime402, SnM An1mal.

1/10/2012 11:00 AM

tinybikerider33 wrote:

the easiest way to tell is that wombolts will be broken, twombolts will not be. laughing

you mean if there stolen teams they wont be and twombs break tooo

|

1/10/2012 11:11 AM

pics up? you could prolly just email them with good pics and ask.

|

1/10/2012 11:14 AM

iridebmx2122 wrote:

you mean if there stolen teams they wont be and twombs break tooo

actually, that's nowhere near what i meant.

every crank breaks under certain circumstances. i snapped two pairs of wombolts, rode the same pair of twombolts for a year and a half with no problems.

|

My BTM. // Facebook // Twitter // Google+ // Refs: guitar_frk, ridelittlebikes43, streetrat420, jb07, werkheiserBMX, SuperstarDK, trentydoo, BEASTASSDICK, pcoco, Showtime402, SnM An1mal.

1/10/2012 11:42 AM

wombolts have a smaller drive side arm that goes on the spindle, they use the old wedge cluster that doesnt have the rubber thing. try find someone with twombs, wombolts have a smaller sized bolt,

|

1/10/2012 11:44 AM

[LINK TO IMAGE] womb cluster,

[LINK TO IMAGE] twomb cluster,
although the cluster on your cranks could have been updated if they where wombs.
|