How to use a London Mod on a Sunday frame!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/25/2018 2:41 PM

So Sunday frames have weird cable stops that dont have threads in them, so i came up with a little idea of how to get one to work with a Sunday cable stop!

So the London Mod comes with a bolt thats supposed to thread in to the cable stop. So that works great If you have a cable stop with threads in it. But it doesnt work great if you dont. Yeah, ypu could just get another cable stop probably, but i couldnt find one without having to buy a $20-$30 brake mount kit...

So youll need a 2 things.

- An M6-1.0 x 30mm bolt
- An M6-1.0 nut

And then you can mount the London Mod to the cable stop! (Pic below)

I used a Kink dual lower precut cable so mine is a little different than how yours will look becasue tye kink dual lower cables are precut. So i had to do a little bit of adjusting to get it right. But if you're cutting your own cables and using knarps that shouldn't be an issue. So i used a little bit longer bolt and some spacers to get the cables adjusted right on my frame. Which again you shouldn't have that issue if you're cutting your own cables.

Photo

Hope this helps someone!smile

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/25/2018 3:43 PM

See, I told you that you was an innovator! Most kids your age have no common sense when it comes to solving BMX related problems. Lol

|

8/25/2018 4:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2018 4:09 PM

jbales wrote:

See, I told you that you was an innovator! Most kids your age have no common sense when it comes to solving BMX related ...more

Thanks Jamie! I really appreciate that!smile

Also, to add to the geniusness of it, those two spacers are chain rollerslaughing

|

8/25/2018 4:32 PM

That’s what bmx is about, no doing things by the book. Just rig it up and make it work. Freestyle lol.

|

8/25/2018 5:09 PM

jbales wrote:

That’s what bmx is about, no doing things by the book. Just rig it up and make it work. Freestyle lol.

Hell yeah!

|

8/25/2018 10:44 PM

Yoooo, crafty work!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

8/26/2018 2:53 AM

You didn’t even really need that, the brake tension can keep the barrel adjuster there on it’s own. Good job though

|

It’s all bmx

8/26/2018 6:54 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

You didn’t even really need that, the brake tension can keep the barrel adjuster there on it’s own. Good job though

Well see how there are spacers in it? I needed the London Mod to sit a little farther back since im using a precut Kink lower cable...

Plus I don't want it to rattle around either....

|

8/26/2018 7:43 AM

This is how I would modify it https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/products/5112/photos/9978/s1600_knuckle_guides.jpg?1347557958
Haha
For real though I've used London mod which in my opinion is bulky and the first version doesn't work without modifying something on newer bikes ..I'll post pics of how I set it up in a little while
The knuckle guide and stop is perfect and goes on just like any other guide or stop would

|