Hub ID, Driver Compatibilty

Related:
Create New Tag

3/24/2013 5:57 PM

I snagged a used rear wheel from a buddy for a cool $10, he has no idea what kind of wheel it is. So far I've gathered it's an Eastern with a 15mm hollow chromoly axle. It's got a 9T driver but want to swap it for a 10T since I'm running a frame with chainstay brakes so I'm planning to go with 27/10 gearing. Can anyone ID this hub so I know what kind of driver to order.
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

3/24/2013 6:09 PM

Get a 28 or 30tooth sprocket with a 10 tooth, also its an eastern LB9/Birectional/Bisexual... not sure if they ever had a 10tooth for it.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/24/2013 6:14 PM

How many pawls? Bisexual had 6

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdick~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

3/24/2013 6:17 PM

future FBM wrote:

i count 6 sir!

|

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/24/2013 6:18 PM

future FBM wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

i count 6 sir!

Sealed bearings also, it's defiantly a bisexual!

|

Refs:Beastassdick~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

3/24/2013 6:20 PM

future FBM wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

i count 6 sir!

future FBM wrote:

yea i think the LB9 was the unsealed version, if im thinking correctly

|

3/24/2013 6:27 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

i count 6 sir!

future FBM wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

yea i think the LB9 was the unsealed version, if im thinking correctly

You sir are correct

|

3/24/2013 6:46 PM

Thanks guys! Now I can order parts if I need. I'm running the Odyssey (Rick) Springfield brakes, so they sit pretty flush against the brake tabs. I'll try a 27/9 for now, hopefully I'll have chain clearance.

|

3/24/2013 7:20 PM

why dont you just run brakeless lol

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

3/24/2013 7:37 PM

jj0996 wrote:

I'm not nearly cool enough to ride brakeless!
I just got a little more serious into BMX about 6 months ago, so I still like brakes. Especially when riding indoors at my place, I have a large storage building that I set up a couple quarters, grind box, small kickers and a hip/wedge jump. It's kinda tight and I have other things in there that I don't want to slam into (motocycles, welders, propane and argon tanks...)

|

3/24/2013 7:39 PM

jj0996 wrote:

MMX_15 wrote:

I'm not nearly cool enough to ride brakeless!
I just got a little more serious into BMX about 6 months ago, so I still like brakes. Especially when riding indoors at my place, I have a large storage building that I set up a couple quarters, grind box, small kickers and a hip/wedge jump. It's kinda tight and I have other things in there that I don't want to slam into (motocycles, welders, propane and argon tanks...)

ic, yeah its all personal prefrence, i ride street and i like the fell of brakeless so i took mine off

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

3/24/2013 7:46 PM

27/9 is the best gearing ever, been running it since 2009

|

3/25/2013 12:09 PM

just run 28-9, save yourself the effort of finding a 27t sprocket if you don't already have one

|

love you mom. rest in peace.
on a lighter note.... "RIP Kim Jong II, He might´╗┐ have been a cruel dictator, but he was sure fun to make fun of."

3/25/2013 12:19 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

27/9 is the best gearing ever, been running it since 2009

How the fuck did you get a Tree Lite in 27!?!?!?

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

3/25/2013 4:41 PM

Already ordered a 27T from dans, got a 28T sitting in my shop. I'll try both with the 9tooth driver. Just waiting on some other goodies to show up along with the sprocket, then I gotta powdercoat the hub and lace it so might be a couple weeks before I actually get my updated drive train installed.

|

3/28/2013 6:07 AM

Well, I got impatient and threw on the 28T with my "new to me" wheel that I coated to match the front (Flo orange hub/Black spokes&rim). Seems to clear the brakes as long as the chain is nice and tight. I think I might just keep this gearing though, 28/9 is kinda tough indoors with limited run up space, I'll be riding outdoors soon enough though.

|