Hub Maintenance

Related:
Create New Tag

8/21/2013 11:40 AM

I recently changed my axle from my rear hub. While changing the axle I had to almost take everything apart from the hub. But after I changed the axle my hub slightly shakes at one point. Does this mean that the sealed bearing has not properly flushed inside the hub or I need to tighten the cone bearing more?

|

8/21/2013 12:08 PM

try tightening it more

|

LIFE BEHIND BARS

8/21/2013 1:12 PM

could be a few things. Ive noticed when rebuilding hubs if the bearings are not fully in, you will have a side to side play. Even if you mount it on your bike and tighten it fully, it'll still have the play. Id say check the bearings, give them another hit or so to make sure they are properly seated..

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/21/2013 1:12 PM

also, what hub are you riding?

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/21/2013 3:48 PM

make sure the bearings are pressed, the nuts are tight

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/21/2013 7:07 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

also, what hub are you riding?

Thanks for the suggestion. Really appreciate it. I'm running Eastern Venus Cassette Hub

|

8/21/2013 8:27 PM

Use washers that will fit over your axle and are slightly smaller then the diameter of the hubs bearings use them like a press and they will seat your bearings correctly.

|

8/21/2013 8:42 PM

Try to tighten down the cone nuts pretty good. Always solves the problem. And if there is no stopping point for the cone nuts, or if the cone nuts start seizing up the bearings, something is either missing, broken, or blown out.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke