Hub engagement

Related:
Create New Tag

7/16/2013 10:45 AM

I like the idea of instant engagement in my hub but ive heard mix thoughts on that.
I ride a lot of street and park and heard that a hub with instant engagement with through you right off your bike when you land backwards while others say its fine.
Ive been looking for a new hub to get and i like the profile mini or premium stinger for the quick engagement but maybe i would rather get a g-sport ratchet

idk what to get as of now just wanted to hear other peoples ideas

|

7/16/2013 11:01 AM

I ride with a profile and it's fine.

|

7/16/2013 11:21 AM

i was thinking profile but i run 4 pegs and do a lot of abusive grinding. Heard profiles more of a race hub and not built for that while the g-sport is built like a tank

|

7/16/2013 1:07 PM

The Ratchet is the way to go. 14mm female axle bolts sure can't go wrong. And plus, some people have had really bad experiences with the Stinger blowing out and all or suddenly becoming quiet and then loud again.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/16/2013 1:34 PM

I used to ride 4 pegs and be pretty heavy and that I've broke a Ratchet(I broke the ratchet when i was pegless), Proper and an Eclat Teck. I'm pegless now and a Primo Mix/Cult Match it probably the best bet for you. I had a mix and I wish I never got rid of it, best hub ever.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

7/16/2013 1:39 PM

zenith111 wrote:

I used to ride 4 pegs and be pretty heavy and that I've broke a Ratchet(I broke the ratchet when i was pegless), Proper and an Eclat Teck. I'm pegless now and a Primo Mix/Cult Match it probably the best bet for you. I had a mix and I wish I never got rid of it, best hub ever.

Or just buy the Cult hub as its basically a Mix with a different name ..

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

7/16/2013 1:56 PM

zenith111 wrote:

The Horror Contact wrote:

That's what I was getting at, apparently the Mix is hard to come by nowadays.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

7/16/2013 9:31 PM

zenith111 wrote:

The Horror Contact wrote:

zenith111 wrote:

That's what I was getting at, apparently the Mix is hard to come by nowadays.

Yeah they are. i was lucky to get one and its beautiful. quick engagement. needle bearing in the driver. strong internals. but yeah stay away from the profile if you grind. its good for park and people who love l oud hubs because they think its better that way. so get a match, or a primo if you can find one. and if you have enough get the bloody Ratchet.

As for instant engagement, it will only throw you off if you cant fakie for crap or if you have been riding a supper loose chain or a freecoaster

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

7/17/2013 7:46 AM

niggakurt wrote:

i was thinking profile but i run 4 pegs and do a lot of abusive grinding. Heard profiles more of a race hub and not built for that while the g-sport is built like a tank

profiles are fine with abusive grinding i run fours with mine

|

7/17/2013 8:30 AM

Get a ratchet or a cult match

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/17/2013 11:33 AM

Gump wrote:

Get a ratchet or a cult match

Gump wrote: Get a ratchet

fixed

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.