Hub guard

Related:
Create New Tag

1/22/2020 10:14 PM

I've just bought a odyssey clutch v2 and I want to run the 4th peg but I cant find a plastic hub guard that will fit on the drive side any suggestions

|

1/22/2020 10:19 PM

Cinema VR

|

1/23/2020 6:00 AM

Eclat over guard is perfect I recommend running one of them on both sides

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

1/23/2020 7:22 AM

Get metal. I have a Gsport universal one. that Eclat looks awesome too.

|

1/23/2020 11:32 AM

I use the Chromo Gsport guard on my Clutch v2 I dont think a plastic drive side guard is an option for the Clutch.

|

1/23/2020 2:11 PM

I've ran the cinema vr guard over mine. I snagged 5 of them when they were on sale for $3 about a year ago. I prefer the gsport uni though, especially if not running slammed

|

1/25/2020 9:40 AM

Cant go wrong with the gsport uniguard, fits any bike

|

I like riding my bike.

1/31/2020 7:51 AM

Inside the dropout guards are definitely superior to ones that protect from the outside imo.

|

1/31/2020 8:08 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Inside the dropout guards are definitely superior to ones that protect from the outside imo.

These eclat overguards would change your mind about that

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

1/31/2020 9:31 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Curious as to your reasoning behind this statement?

|

1/31/2020 5:58 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

RagingMotoholic wrote:

i've run the gsport uni's, s&m Cymbals, and Daily Grind guards. Unless you are worried about scratching your dropouts(get off the streets if you are) then I see absolutely ZERO reason to run an outside the dropout guard. The OP asked the question and its my take. Nothing special about the Gsport Uniguard whatsoever other than you have to have your chain hella tight so it don't rub, in which case alot of guys runbning the gsports end up filing or cutting down the guards so they can run their chain to their desired tension. And even that aside, locking onto a rail with inside guards has always felt better to me than with a uniguard. I don't have a eclat but it can' be much difference. Flame me all ya want, I pretty much just ride street and I suck so take my opinion as my real life experience.

|

1/31/2020 6:08 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

i've run the gsport uni's, s&m Cymbals, and Daily Grind guards. Unless you are worried about scratching your dropouts(get off the streets if you are) then I see absolutely ZERO reason to run an outside the dropout guard. The OP asked the question and its my take. Nothing special about the Gsport Uniguard whatsoever other than you have to have your chain hella tight so it don't rub, in which case alot of guys runbning the gsports end up filing or cutting down the guards so they can run their chain to their desired tension. And even that aside, locking onto a rail with inside guards has always felt better to me than with a uniguard. I don't have a eclat but it can' be much difference. Flame me all ya want, I pretty much just ride street and I suck so take my opinion as my real life experience.

I'm on your side with running guards inside the dropouts, but saying there are zero reasons to run an outside dropout guard is false. For instance, it takes up no room inside the dropouts. I have the S&M Cymbal and need a spacer behind it or it'll rub my spokes, and I have to spread the dropouts and even then it's a really tight fit. I highly doubt I could fit a drive side one if I wanted to. The Daily Grind ones (which I have in the front) are nice cause they replace the hardware, but a universal one like the front Cymbal also takes up space and makes it hard to get in.

Another reason is they're very easy to take on & off. I very rarely run a 4th peg, usually only if I'm at the park bored and wanting to switch it up. Being able to remove just the axle nut and tossing the guard & peg on without removing the wheel is a big time saver and requires a lot less effort. That's a more uncommon reason though but I'm sure I'm not alone there. Plus other reasons.

I've ridden the uni-guard and can definitely say I much prefer ones on the inside still though

|

1/31/2020 6:22 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

For the driveside of the Clutch hub, an external guard makes a lot of sense to me. The "cone" on that side is quite a small part and I think the one sided loading from a guard could either damage it or damage the driver bearings. Just a thought...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/31/2020 7:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2020 7:30 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

RagingMotoholic wrote:

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Fair enough. I wasn’t trying to flame you I was genuinely curious. I’m just getting back into BMX and when I last rode (1999) there weren’t hub guards as far as I knew. I actually picked up a Gsport Uni for my bike because I bought a Kink complete and there weren’t many options I found for the hubs that cane with my bike. I’ll pick up new wheelset eventually but for now I’m hoping it’ll be fine!

|

2/1/2020 2:25 PM

RagingMotoholic wrote:

BillyBigRigger wrote:

RagingMotoholic wrote:

Fair enough. I wasn’t trying to flame you I was genuinely curious. I’m just getting back into BMX and when I last rode (1999) there weren’t hub guards as far as I knew. I actually picked up a Gsport Uni for my bike because I bought a Kink complete and there weren’t many options I found for the hubs that cane with my bike. I’ll pick up new wheelset eventually but for now I’m hoping it’ll be fine!

Homie, the gsport Uniguard is a great guard and it works well. Use it and roll on. I prefer guards inside the dropout because to me they “feel” better and yes I can feel the difference on how they lock into rails and coping. I’d ride a uniguard all day if they didn’t make inside guards... but there are other options.

|