Hub guard for Odyssey hazard v2 cassette

Related:
Create New Tag

3/5/2018 3:40 PM

Does this exist? I would think there was one, but I can't seem to find it. If there isn't one specifically for the hazard v2, maybe there is for the v3 that would work? I know there's always a universal guard. What's a good one? I want to still be able to use my anti spin bolts for my pegs, so I guess anything on the outside wouldn't work.

|

3/5/2018 3:52 PM

BSD make the jersey barrier guard for them

https://www.sourcebmx.com/en/us/BSD-Jersey-Barrier-Hub-Guard/m-27678.aspx

in the Hazard option. I don't recommend that guard if you grind a lot though, it's a pc sleeve over aluminum. I had it a long time ago and it lasted a few months then as soon as one little spot chipped off, it basically exploded later on.

The Animal PYN might work too, but again it's a pc sleeve

https://www.danscomp.com/products/512062/Animal_Pyn_Rear_Hub_Guard.html

Good universal one would be any chromoly one. I have the S&M one, it'll be 6 years old this Summer and I grind a literal fuckton.

|

3/5/2018 3:53 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

BSD make the jersey barrier guard for them

https://www.sourcebmx.com/en/us/BSD-Jersey-Barrier-Hub-Guard/m-27678.aspx

in the Hazard option. I don't recommend that guard if you grind a lot though, it's a pc sleeve over aluminum. I had it a long time ago and it lasted a few months then as soon as one little spot chipped off, it basically exploded later on.

The Animal PYN might work too, but again it's a pc sleeve

https://www.danscomp.com/products/512062/Animal_Pyn_Rear_Hub_Guard.html

Good universal one would be any chromoly one. I have the S&M one, it'll be 6 years old this Summer and I grind a literal fuckton.

This.

I recommend the Daily Grind Guard, or G-Sport Uniguard. Any universal chromoly guard will do the job though. Just try to avoid aluminum, it sticks.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/6/2018 5:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/7/2018 7:30 AM

Cool, thanks guys. I'm fine with plastic sleeves. That should be fine. I really don't grind too much at all, but I just want to keep my hubs in good shape. The bsd guard looks like it's on sale for the hazard, like $8. Can't go wrong at that price.

|

3/9/2018 8:10 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Does this exist? I would think there was one, but I can't seem to find it. If there isn't one specifically for the hazard v2, maybe there is for the v3 that would work? I know there's always a universal guard. What's a good one? I want to still be able to use my anti spin bolts for my pegs, so I guess anything on the outside wouldn't work.

I havent had my pegs rotate after full 8 hour days of chinks and grinds on concrete. I use the uniguards so they protect my hubs and dropouts. I know you are wanting to use the set screw so your pegs dont rotate but in my experience, that only helps prevent rotation when you are tightening the bolt/nut for your wheel during installation. If you just hold the peg as you tighten the nut/bolt, the peg wont rotate.

I fully recommend the uniguard and they are pretty cheap too! wink

|

3/9/2018 8:16 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

I havent had my pegs rotate after full 8 hour days of chinks and grinds on concrete. I use the uniguards so they protect my hubs and dropouts. I know you are wanting to use the set screw so your pegs dont rotate but in my experience, that only helps prevent rotation when you are tightening the bolt/nut for your wheel during installation. If you just hold the peg as you tighten the nut/bolt, the peg wont rotate.

But you grind on your right side, correct Bullet? If that is the case, when you grind, your peg is actually trying to tighten the nut further. If you grind on your left side the opposite is true.

|

3/9/2018 11:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2018 12:08 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

But you grind on your right side, correct Bullet? If that is the case, when you grind, your peg is actually trying to tighten the nut further. If you grind on your left side the opposite is true.

Thats a good point... I grind on both now but primarily on my right.

Makes me wonder why they dont reverse thread the left side front and back. I guess it would make buying new bolts and nuts a pain.

|

3/9/2018 1:08 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Thats a good point... I grind on both now but primarily on my right.

Makes me wonder why they dont reverse thread the left side front and back. I guess it would make buying new bolts and nuts a pain.

Shadow and Demolition made hubs with reverse threaded left sides… I had the Anorexia and it still came loose occasionally cause the vibrations from grinding worked it loose I guess.

Cost & availability is probably why they don’t make them anymore, I needed hardware for an Anorexia years ago and could not for the life of me find full hardware for it. That and regular thread works well for most people

|