Hub guard help

Related:
Create New Tag

5/28/2018 6:19 AM

Hey guys, I have been looking for some hub guards to fit my front wheel/fork clearance since I'm gonna run pegs soon and haven't found any fits. I tried a Gsport Gland which just rubbed and didn't allow the rim to spin at all. I have R32 forks and a Premium front hub laced to Alienation rim, hope that helps. The hub is also 3/8, and I just need info on a slim guard that would work.
Thanks guys!

|

5/28/2018 6:24 AM

The Gosport uniguard is designed for the back but bulletpup uses them on the front as well with an extra washer underneath

|

Hmmm

5/28/2018 6:44 AM

Oh thats pretty smart actually. So I would just flip them around and put a washer on the outside of the fork right?

|

5/28/2018 8:05 AM

I use mission universal front hub guards. They go on without any need for a spacer and really only take a light amount of pressure to pop into the fork.

Personally I love the way they look and really provide a lot of protection.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/28/2018 8:16 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I use mission universal front hub guards. They go on without any need for a spacer and really only take a light amount of pressure to pop into the fork.

Personally I love the way they look and really provide a lot of protection.

Nice, So how do they attach to the hub? I don't assume that they just sit there because no pressure is being applied to keep them from movin around.

|

5/28/2018 8:40 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I use mission universal front hub guards. They go on without any need for a spacer and really only take a light amount of pressure to pop into the fork.

Personally I love the way they look and really provide a lot of protection.

WildeB33st wrote:

Nice, So how do they attach to the hub? I don't assume that they just sit there because no pressure is being applied to keep them from movin around.

Nope. They go in between the hub and the fork dropout and the hub axle holds the guard in place... so the hub guard will be completely secure in there, won't move around or anything...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

5/28/2018 8:40 PM

WildeB33st wrote:

Nice, So how do they attach to the hub? I don't assume that they just sit there because no pressure is being applied to keep them from movin around.

they just slide over the axle in between the cone/locknuts and the fork dropout, then when you tighten your axle nuts up the pressure is what keeps it tight.


|

5/28/2018 9:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2018 9:18 PM

WildeB33st wrote:

Oh thats pretty smart actually. So I would just flip them around and put a washer on the outside of the fork right?

You put the washer underneathe the guard. So in order it would go: bolt/nut>uniguard>Semi-thick washer>Fork Dropout>hub.

Perhaps I will make a short video on it.

|

5/29/2018 6:47 AM

Ohh, now I see. I just needed that diagram to see how it all fit together, I think I might try that because the Uniguard holds up super well.

|