Hub guard suggestions?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/22/2014 4:48 AM

I've been getting into grinds and I'm starting to notice a little wear on my spokes so I figured i should get hub guards pretty soon. I have an eastern trail digger with " REAR HUB Fully Sealed 36 hole cassette hub, Forged
Alloy Shell, 1pc. 9-tooth chromoly driver, 14mm
chromoly axle, 5 sealed bearings.
 " and the front is "36 hole Alloy Shell,
3/8” Chromoly axle
". I was looking through Danscomp and just saw some "one size fits most" hub guards. My rear hub-guard would be going on the driver side

|

6/22/2014 6:21 AM

Drive side guard I'd get an s&m cymbol

The other tree sides just get gsport glands they are the best guard I've used

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/22/2014 7:24 AM

Eastern has the pop n loc setup for their hubs for non drive rear.

Get a chromoly drive side or plastic just for the flex.

Non drive is pretty open. Front, the gland would likely be a decent option.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/22/2014 8:36 AM

Gump wrote:

Drive side guard I'd get an s&m cymbol

The other tree sides just get gsport glands they are the best guard I've used

Alright, and thanks

|

6/22/2014 8:37 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Eastern has the pop n loc setup for their hubs for non drive rear.

Get a chromoly drive side or plastic just for the flex.

Non drive is pretty open. Front, the gland would likely be a decent option.

Yea I have to check the gland hub guard , thanks

|

6/22/2014 10:30 AM

If its the spokes youre worried about, Gsport Gland. For hub protection, Eastern Pop-N-Lock is pretty sweet.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/22/2014 12:27 PM

Get The Daily Grind Infinity & DSG, they aren't cheap, but they'll last an eternity!! For the Fronts, I agree with everyone else on this, get G-Sport Glands, they'll do whilst You have Your Stock Hub!

|

6/22/2014 12:55 PM

Topsey wrote:

Get The Daily Grind Infinity & DSG, they aren't cheap, but they'll last an eternity!! For the Fronts, I agree with everyone else on this, get G-Sport Glands, they'll do whilst You have Your Stock Hub!

Nice, I give them a look once I'm at a computer. I just bent my sprocket trying to feeble a wooden park bench. Do you think I should try and bend it back into shape?

|

6/22/2014 2:49 PM

You can yes, but once it's gone it'll be hard to get it A. Perfectly straight again & B. It won't stay straight for long!

You're gunna want to get Yourself a new Sprocket, You should look into THICK Sprockets, 8mm+ thick or even a Bash Guard Sprocket, Subrosa Magnum, Fit Key Guard, The Daily Grind Millennium, Odyssey MDS, Sunday Knox, Or even a Shadow Disaster Guard.

Good Luck!

|