Hub guards

Related:
Create New Tag

11/17/2016 11:05 PM

Can anyone tell what hub guards would work with this bike. I looked at the Colony Wasp front and rear hub guards but they had some bad reviews

http://colonybmx.com.au/products/2017-colony-premise/

|

11/18/2016 5:39 AM

Hijacking this thread to ask what hub guards would work with Premium Samsara wheels? Local bike shop had none so shopping online seems to be the only option.

|

11/18/2016 6:46 AM

jazza886 wrote:

Can anyone tell what hub guards would work with this bike. I looked at the Colony Wasp front and rear hub guards but they had ...more

If you know the colony wasp guards will fit then those should be fine but before you buy anything you need to email colony about what hubguards will/should fit and also if you message a website that sell hubguards (I notice you are from Australia like me so luxbmx, backbonebmx, strictlybmx, chainreactioncycles are all good websites i have ordered from so email a few of them)
Also, what side are you grinding on? the drive side (the side that the sprocket is on) or the non drive side?
Personally, i didn't know what hubguards would fit my bike so i got a saltplus universal hubguard which was 45AUD but it worked with my 2011 wethepeople volta just fine, it is an alloy hubguard which isnt as great as chromoly but you will be fine just remember for pegs and hubguards to rotate them every so often if they are getting a flat spot and get chomoly pegs you will thank me later for that.
For the front i got the merrit plastic guard. i personally dont like plastic guards that dont rotate because they tend to ware down quick but this merrit guard is amazing. Because it is attached to the spokes it constantly spins so it doesn't get worn down in one spot while grinding which i like, plus its smaller than the big gspot guards so it looks great.
Only thing is that it comes with this metal ring thing to attach the guard to the spokes but that sucks so i used small zip ties and it is really solid and doesn't make any annoying sounds.
I have used the saltplus guard for like 6 months and its holding up fine, its scratched up of course from lots of grinding haha. The merrit hubguard i am still using to this day and it looks great and slides amazing. Merrit done a video of them taking an angle grinder to the plastic guard for a while and it held up after that so if that doesn't convince you then nothing will haha.
Getting hubguards was great, before i got them i messed up my hubshell because i didnt use guards and i got hung up more on grinds because it wasnt as smooth.
Hope this helps haha (: Let me know if you have any more questions.

|

11/18/2016 11:38 PM

jazza886 wrote:

Can anyone tell what hub guards would work with this bike. I looked at the Colony Wasp front and rear hub guards but they had ...more

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

If you know the colony wasp guards will fit then those should be fine but before you buy anything you need to email colony ...more

I would be grinding on the non drive side, and I was thinking of getting the G-sport uniguard hub guard for the front and the G-sport Gland MK4 hub guard for the rear.

|

11/19/2016 8:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2016 8:10 AM

jazza886 wrote:

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

If you know the colony wasp guards will fit then those should be fine but before you buy anything you need to email colony ...more

jazza886 wrote:

I would be grinding on the non drive side, and I was thinking of getting the G-sport uniguard hub guard for the front and the ...more

Actually, the g-sport gland is ment to be a front hub guard, not a rear one. If you put it on the rear wheel you will probably have to cut it so it fits, and even then it will only protect the spokes and not the hub. The g-sport uniguard is a rear hub guard, not a front hub guard.

|

11/19/2016 8:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2016 8:16 AM

Wait my bad. The g-sport gland mk4 is meant for the back (but also has a different one that can work with the front), I was thinking of the MK3 which is meant for the front.

|

11/19/2016 8:34 AM

I've got the glands front and back and have to say they are pretty damn good. The offer lots of protection and seem to last

|

11/19/2016 8:41 AM

I highly suggest spending the money and getting some steel guards like S&M Cymbals or Daily Grind guards, both are universal and my S&M guards are three years old

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/19/2016 8:48 AM

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

jazza886 wrote:

I would be grinding on the non drive side, and I was thinking of getting the G-sport uniguard hub guard for the front and the ...more

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Actually, the g-sport gland is ment to be a front hub guard, not a rear one. If you put it on the rear wheel you will probably ...more

Mk3 or 4 denotes the generation, not front/rear. They make front and rear specific versions of the mk4. Anyhow metal guars are pretty awesome. Also the Uniguard is rear-specific. It. wont work for the front.

|

11/20/2016 1:02 AM

jazza886 wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Actually, the g-sport gland is ment to be a front hub guard, not a rear one. If you put it on the rear wheel you will probably ...more

Super-Pawl wrote:

Mk3 or 4 denotes the generation, not front/rear. They make front and rear specific versions of the mk4. Anyhow metal guars are ...more

Oh ok yeah I got mixed up between the front and rear

|

11/20/2016 1:26 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

I highly suggest spending the money and getting some steel guards like S&M Cymbals or Daily Grind guards, both are ...more

They would be good but I need to buy pegs too so I can't spend too much on just hub guards

|

11/20/2016 1:27 AM

JamieBrown wrote:

I've got the glands front and back and have to say they are pretty damn good. The offer lots of protection and seem to last

Yeah I will probably get them but I just hope they work with colony hubs

|