Hub makes weird popping noise?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/2/2013 6:47 PM

So when I'm riding my bike, and its up right, like 90 degrees off the ground. When I lean my bike so its about 60 degrees off the ground, I hear this soft popping sound in my hub. It happens just about every time I lean on both sides. I took my wheel off a week ago and the axles were loose (female bolts but the bolts weren't loose it the part the bolt screws in to). I tightened it up with my hands then put the wheel back up, tightening the female bolts with a socket wrench. Could that be why its making the popping noise? If not, has anyone else had this happen and explain what you did to stop it? Also, I sometimes feel weird stuff in my pedals when I pedal, and feel a strange grinding feeling when I pull my brakes.

|

10/2/2013 6:48 PM

Spokes may be hella loose and crackling as it buckles a little

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

10/2/2013 7:03 PM

future FBM wrote:

Spokes may be hella loose and crackling as it buckles a little

Just checked, my spokes are all tight. Its not a crackling sound, just like a low muffled popping sound.

|

10/2/2013 7:20 PM

Your hubs fucked. Something broke. But if it still rolls, ride it.

|

I have 75 cool points and 5 awesome points

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

10/2/2013 7:26 PM

Might be a bearing

|

10/2/2013 7:26 PM

God damnit. First I find my front axle is bent now this. Damn man.

|

10/2/2013 7:31 PM

Like I said, if it rolls, ride it!

|

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

10/2/2013 7:34 PM

Maybe you can warranty it?

|

10/2/2013 8:01 PM

Just gunna use this picture to prove my point.
Photo
Carry on.

|

10/2/2013 8:10 PM

And my chain also is like my sprocket is bent, even though I just got nee cranks, a chain, and a sprocket.

|

10/2/2013 8:23 PM

I'm pretty sure I saw a clip of that kid riding trails before!

|

10/2/2013 8:26 PM

motogrizz wrote:

Just gunna use this picture to prove my point.
Photo
Carry on.

This.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

10/3/2013 1:09 AM

mastersparks117 wrote:

And my chain also is like my sprocket is bent, even though I just got nee cranks, a chain, and a sprocket.

Do you have an adapter between your Sprocket and Cranks? If not that may be the problem (Or possibly not, depending on what Cranks and Sprocket you have). Also if you bought a very cheap Sprocket then it is possible that the manufacturing tolerance is large enough for it to be send out misshaped enough to effect the chain.

|

10/3/2013 4:02 AM

mastersparks117 wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Do you have an adapter between your Sprocket and Cranks? If not that may be the problem (Or possibly not, depending on what Cranks and Sprocket you have). Also if you bought a very cheap Sprocket then it is possible that the manufacturing tolerance is large enough for it to be send out misshaped enough to effect the chain.

What do you mean by adaptor?

|

10/3/2013 4:22 AM

mastersparks117 wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

mastersparks117 wrote:

It goes between the sprocket and spindle so you can fit a 22mm sprocket onto 19mm cranks

|

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

[LINK TO IMAGE]

10/3/2013 6:37 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

mastersparks117 wrote:

Sharpy wrote:

It goes between the sprocket and spindle so you can fit a 22mm sprocket onto 19mm cranks

Or a 23.8mm (15/16") Sprocket on to a 19 or 22mm spindle.

|

10/3/2013 4:54 PM

Your hub is blown. just ride it till it explodes.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

10/4/2013 12:07 AM

Sounds like a pawl problem inside the driver pull it apart and check it out and regrease it..

|

10/4/2013 6:16 AM

do you have hub guards? my bsd makes a nasty popping noise if my guard is rotated to the wrong spot (i bent it doing toothpicks lol) from the spokes hitting it

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook