Hub opinions :P

Related:
Create New Tag

12/8/2013 8:02 PM

So for Christmas I almost want a Daily Grind front hub , just because it's a tank. But I don't really grind alot , and although it's reliable , I almost want the Eclat Kolibri (An oil slick hubset would be so sick!). Anyone tried Eclat hubs? I would grind a bit , so hubguards would be nice to keep the oilslick looking good. And what about the rear Kolibri hubs? Do you think if I had both hubguards on it , it would be fine? And they're male , right?

I'm being a bit anal but I go through hubs and (mostly) rims like aluminum cans , I just want a sick hubset the will look good and last. Don't get much $$$ so just checking before I really consider them.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/8/2013 8:10 PM

I wouldn't go the Kolibri hubs, they're real low-end hubs. Plus 3/8" male isn't gonna last at all if you even rarely grind.

If you really need to go cheap, go for a Daily Grind in the front with a Cult Match in the back with a Daily Grind guard. Durable as fuck and proven.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/8/2013 8:14 PM

What about the other Eclat hubs , like the Dynamic or Pulse ? I really want something that looks sick (thus the oilslick , not a trend whore , just the hubs would look cool) but lasts. Any LHD Male hub , that can hold up to grinds really.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/8/2013 8:33 PM

i have the daily front and it spins like crap, when i first got it spun just fine until i did one smith and it was done, spins like crap now, pretty sad considering the description of this hub

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/8/2013 8:39 PM

i would go with the new g-sport front hub

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/8/2013 8:43 PM

Go for female and éclat pulse that's what I have..

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/9/2013 6:56 AM

The other Eclat hubs are proven and bomb proof. I would do a Kolibri rear (seems pretty simple, same specs as Primo, Cult, and Profile, 6902 bearings with 4x leaf spring pawls and male axle) and a Colony Wasp front if youre determined to have oilslick.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx