Hubguard Installation Q.

Related:
Create New Tag

4/17/2014 3:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2014 5:50 AM

I feel pretty retarded cos I can't figure it out. So I bought some hubguards for my Animal Javelin front hub, how do I take the cone nuts off? They used to be able to be taken off by hand but now they're too tight and there's nowhere to grip?

Photo

|

4/17/2014 5:13 AM

you could some f those grips that lock (cant remember what theyre called, clamps i think) and see if that works? or get something that you can use to hit the axle through and out, although that'd be a ball ache for just installing a hub guard

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

4/17/2014 5:43 AM

I thought the animals where press fit?

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

4/17/2014 5:47 AM

press fit or not, turning them is still probs the easiest way to get them moving and off

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

4/17/2014 5:50 AM

Put your bolt in half way and whack it with a hammer, it will knock the center axle out of the hub and hardware.

Or use a small screw driver and work it under the hardware and pry it off.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/17/2014 5:53 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Put your bolt in half way and whack it with a hammer, it will knock the center axle out of the hub and hardware.

Or use a ...more

the first thing tim said, its what i did for getting my cranks off...

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

4/17/2014 6:27 AM

Pry them off with a flathead screwdriver and regret it after you completely destroy the collars. Trust me, that's what I did with my Marmoset.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

4/17/2014 6:44 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Pry them off with a flathead screwdriver and regret it after you completely destroy the collars. Trust me, that's what I did ...more

Thats because gsport uses those little thin collars. On one like this thats around 1/4" thick, you can definitely get under it without messing it up.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/17/2014 7:02 AM

it might just be a push in guard...

|

4/17/2014 7:11 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Pry them off with a flathead screwdriver and regret it after you completely destroy the collars. Trust me, that's what I did ...more

How did you do that to a marmo? Was it an early one? My marmo with the alloy collars just pulled off, finger tight easy as

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

4/17/2014 7:25 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Gump wrote:

How did you do that to a marmo? Was it an early one? My marmo with the alloy collars just pulled off, finger tight easy as

same here

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb