Hubs/Rims

Related:
Create New Tag

5/13/2013 4:57 PM

I want to learn to lace hubs because I need double wall rims and my semi sealed rear hub is blowing out
I was thinking of getting a cinema 333 rear wheel, and some 40 buck rim and a demolition front hub to lace because my front wheel still works, but truing is frequent cause its single wall
will a female axle work with pegs?
is this a good idea?
how hard is it to lace a hub in comparison to truing a wheel?

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

5/13/2013 5:01 PM

female's love getting peg'd

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

5/13/2013 5:08 PM

Hey here is a great guide on lacing a wheel and patience is what you will need while doing this. http://www.gsport.co.uk/custom/wheel_build/wheels.html

As for will a female axle work with pegs? yes it will and at times they can be better but most of the time they are about the sam, just make sure to keep them tight as shit wink

Also here is a site to help you with what spoke size to use smile http://www.thehousebmx.com/Spoke.html and another one just incase smile http://www.pijin.co.uk/spokecalc.html

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/13/2013 5:11 PM

Lacing wheels is pretty simple there are a bunch of guides on the interwebz you just gotta search around.
Yes female axles fork with pegs, 99% of the front hubs now days are female.
Is it a good idea, well if you have the cash for it then yeah it's a good idea.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/13/2013 5:17 PM

andyferly wrote:

Lacing wheels is pretty simple there are a bunch of guides on the interwebz you just gotta search around.
Yes female axles fork with pegs, 99% of the front hubs now days are female.
Is it a good idea, well if you have the cash for it then yeah it's a good idea.

This.
I did it the first time and just copied my old wheel and just take it easy, when you are tightening the spokes just do single turns and once you start to get some tension take it back to half turns and so on and so forth.

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/13/2013 6:05 PM

also, If i was to build both a back and a front wheel, what would be good cheap hubs and rims, total not including spokes under 250

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

5/13/2013 6:07 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

also, If i was to build both a back and a front wheel, what would be good cheap hubs and rims, total not including spokes under 250

Odyssey Quadrants laced to Demo hubs maybe?

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/13/2013 6:12 PM

sounds good, gonna put my order in soon\
instead of lacing myself, should i have dans lace them for me?

|

5/13/2013 6:18 PM

i might do a custom back and then stock front to keep the price down cause I'm on a budget

|