Hubs Rims Grinds OH MY !

Related:
Create New Tag

6/23/2013 8:11 PM

Hello Riders, Punks and trolls, (its been a year since i been on here). Well anyways I got a new frame and parts, just need wheels.

No matter what you say im going to get gsport rims, Probably rib cage.

Now here my question .

I have Gsport hubs on my old bike and they are great for grinding but is there any other hub that is lighter but just as strong to hold up to heavy grinds such as 360's into feebles, that sort of impact.?

|

6/23/2013 8:14 PM

G-Sport hubs aren't heavy at all. Plus nothing is as strong as a G-Sport hub.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/23/2013 8:14 PM

just dont be a bitch and keep the gsports they arent even heavy

|

6/23/2013 8:15 PM

Animal hubs or primos

|

6/23/2013 8:15 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

G-Sport hubs aren't heavy at all. Plus nothing is as strong as a G-Sport hub.

I know they are not heavy im just on the market for something that can compare

|

6/23/2013 8:16 PM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

just dont be a bitch and keep the gsports they arent even heavy

no sense in getting a pair of wheels you already own. I got a new bike and want new wheels.

Now PLay me in bike and stop being a bitch

|

6/23/2013 8:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/23/2013 8:18 PM

Playing games of bike is gay.

Hubs: animal,primos,g sports,daily grind i think, odyssey

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/23/2013 8:19 PM

Four wrote:

are the animals really strong tho?

|

6/23/2013 8:21 PM

Four wrote:

Mfwic_ wrote:

I would assume they'd be, pretty much everyone on the animal team rides pegs so I wouldn't think they'd be shitty. Primo mix is good for grinds, Ryan Howard rides one and grinds more than anyone I know lol.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/23/2013 8:23 PM

Four wrote:

Mfwic_ wrote:

ive known 3 people who broke the animal rear hub axle

|

6/23/2013 8:24 PM

Four wrote:

I would assume they'd be, pretty much everyone on the animal team rides pegs so I wouldn't think they'd be shitty. Primo mix is good for grinds, Ryan Howard rides one and grinds more than anyone I know lol.

this is true mr.guy ! now i will inspect these animal hubs

|

6/23/2013 8:30 PM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

ive known 3 people who broke the animal rear hub axle

doesnt mean nothing to me, if you havent broke it then your giving irrelevant info =(

|

6/23/2013 8:30 PM

Cult Match is bomb proof basically

|

6/23/2013 8:31 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

your source?

|

6/23/2013 8:33 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Mfwic_ wrote:

your source?

It's a knockoff primo mix. Really knockoff since it has 2 shell bearings and the mix had 4

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/23/2013 8:33 PM

Mfwic_ wrote:

your source?

Common knowledge that it's the Primo Mix which is renowned for that & that I ride it and have had 0 problems with it at all

|

6/23/2013 8:34 PM

tomdon wrote:

It's a knockoff primo mix. Really knockoff since it has 2 shell bearings and the mix had 4

it has 4, it's the EXACT same hub only different colors & different logo

|

6/23/2013 8:37 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

it has 4, it's the EXACT same hub only different colors & different logo

this is true. i will now need to inspect this as well =(

|

6/23/2013 8:40 PM

Mfwic_ wrote:

this is true. i will now need to inspect this as well =(

you won't regret it if you get it. It's the best cassette I've ever ridden, engagement, smoothness, & just all around. It IS a tad on the heavy side though but that doesn't bother me at all

|

6/23/2013 9:44 PM

the weight of a hub aint gunna do crap.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/23/2013 9:53 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Mfwic_ wrote:

your source?

tomdon wrote:

Thank you lol fuck cult/cunt

Get the anti gram for the rear and a daily grind for the front

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/23/2013 11:24 PM

If you want lighter wheels and your willing to throw down more money you might aswell Ti up your current gsports. Ti bolts, axles, collars if you don't run guards. You've effectively made the best wheels lighter.

I have a 48 spoke ratchet with Ti bolts and axle laced to a ribcage. It's caused no issues just made it lighter. I also run a gsport rim and hub on the front with zero issues

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/24/2013 4:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2013 4:13 AM

Just get animals, or odyssey, or stop being a bitch and stay with the sports. My animal was great, my sports were great, and my Odysseys are great. The vandero and antigram feels amazing and it's so beefy and strong and smooth, yet one of the lightest cassettes.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

6/24/2013 5:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2013 5:15 AM

Right.....

Odyssey Antigram Front & Rear - The Antigram Front Hub should be available within a matter of weeks & there should be hub guards to follow not too much longer afterwards. They are basically slimmed down G-Sport Hubs, Same style Driver, slimmed down inner axle from 20mm to 17mm, still uses 14mm bolts & i think the Rear is 14.5oz which is silly light for a cassette hub!

OR....

If you can wait & i cant really say how long TBH. G-Sport are replacing the Marmoset & Ratchet with hubs called the Simians. The Front one has similar parts to the Marmoset just with a slightly different shaped Hub Shell, slightly different bearings & CR-MO cones instead of Alloy ones.
The Simian Cassette well i really cannot tell you much about it because well, not a lot is known about it! I have been speculating it has a better driver system as a few years ago there was talk of a 6 pawl Ratchet Driver so possibly more than 3 Pawls in the Driver. I know for 100% fact the hub shell has been altered to match/look similar to the Simian Front. bearing wise & axle wise i really cant say much other than it will obviously be 14mm TRUE Female.
Hub Guards... There has been hints of Heat Treated 4140 CR-MO Guards which would kick absolute ass! Also there has been speculation of a DSG too. Which would basically make the BMX worlds strongest hub even stronger!

|

6/24/2013 1:27 PM

Odyssey possibly?
Just lace those GSport hubs and don't be a pussay.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

6/24/2013 8:46 PM

Four wrote:

Mfwic_ wrote:

I have the animal hubs they have held up to hard grinds 3's gaps bailing n shit strong hub also has a freind that rides hard as fuck has had them for 2 years no problem.

|

Refs: JakeSalbert, Me?(x4), The Balt, the_bmxist,
Jared42069(x2), Dogbones,

6/24/2013 8:52 PM

Topsey wrote:

Right.....

Odyssey Antigram Front & Rear - The Antigram Front Hub should be available within a matter of weeks & there should be hub guards to follow not too much longer afterwards. They are basically slimmed down G-Sport Hubs, Same style Driver, slimmed down inner axle from 20mm to 17mm, still uses 14mm bolts & i think the Rear is 14.5oz which is silly light for a cassette hub!

OR....

If you can wait & i cant really say how long TBH. G-Sport are replacing the Marmoset & Ratchet with hubs called the Simians. The Front one has similar parts to the Marmoset just with a slightly different shaped Hub Shell, slightly different bearings & CR-MO cones instead of Alloy ones.
The Simian Cassette well i really cannot tell you much about it because well, not a lot is known about it! I have been speculating it has a better driver system as a few years ago there was talk of a 6 pawl Ratchet Driver so possibly more than 3 Pawls in the Driver. I know for 100% fact the hub shell has been altered to match/look similar to the Simian Front. bearing wise & axle wise i really cant say much other than it will obviously be 14mm TRUE Female.
Hub Guards... There has been hints of Heat Treated 4140 CR-MO Guards which would kick absolute ass! Also there has been speculation of a DSG too. Which would basically make the BMX worlds strongest hub even stronger!

sounds awesome

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/24/2013 8:54 PM

Interpretation: I have Gsport hubs, and I can't break them, so I'm bored and want new hubs. I would like you to tell me they are as strong as Gsports, but lighter, so I can maybe break them and feel tough. Thanks guys.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

6/25/2013 1:13 AM

who cares ride the plain ones, or maybe antigram if youre dead set on new hubs... or the bonedeth ones when theyre for sale

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "