Huh?? Whats the difference?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/10/2008 6:13 PM

Whats the difference on a fork between an offset of 13mm and 35mm

|

Huck It or Fuck It..... And to all a good night.

10/10/2008 6:26 PM

The dropouts are either 13mm away from the center of the fork leg, or 35mm away. It totally tweaks the way a bike steers too...

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/10/2008 6:29 PM

Fork offset is how far the fork dropouts are set forward from the steerer tube center. It is also referred to as fork "rake." This creates differences in how the bike handles, because a larger offset means a longer wheelbase and thus a less responsive but more stable ride...HOWEVER, there are other factors that influence this, such as head angle (the angle of the headtube in relation to a horizontal line), so don't go deciding what fork to get before considering these factors as well.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

10/10/2008 6:35 PM

ok thats why i hate buying forks cause theres so many different confusing things you have to know about

|

Huck It or Fuck It..... And to all a good night.

10/10/2008 6:48 PM

subrosarider12 wrote:

ok thats why i hate buying forks cause theres so many different confusing things you have to know about

Lol...you go through the process once, it'll be 10 times easier next time...then 10 times easier the next time...you learn quick...just pick a fork that's not too risky (not too expensive and not too crazy geometry), and you probably will regret some things, but you'll be able to live with it, and next time you'll do even better.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.