I BROKE MY FUCKING NECK

Related:
Create New Tag

8/15/2014 8:43 PM

So, June 28 I went to ride since it was such a nice day. First I went to our local skatepark to pick up a friend, then I headed out to Maximusbikes house to ride his dirt jump. We had just got there, and since we were all hitting it a few nights before i though nothing of it. I hit the jump the first time and it couldn't have been better. But the second time I hit it a little to fast, got sent over the bars, and landed on my neck and shoulders. As soon as i landed Max came up to me and asked me if i was alright. I told him that I couldn't move my arms. My first thought was that I just had the wind knocked out of me. I waited till I could breath and move my arms, and asked Max to help me up. I got up walked around trying to walk it off. Little did I know I would be taking a helicopter for a week long stay at Pittsburgh Childrens Hospital. i had to have six vertebrae fused together, one taken out and a cadaver bone put in. So for anywhere from six more weeks, to four more months i'm stuck in a neck brace called a halo. Now im just trying to find anything to do! Its probably the most boring thing ever. i can't drive, ride, hell I can barely bend over!. plus what even makes it worse I have a brand new coaster on my bike that i've only ridden twice! But i just thought i'd let everyone on here know, that you'll probably be seeing more of me since I cant do anything else!

|

SHIT HAPPENS

8/15/2014 8:44 PM

Photo

Photo

|

SHIT HAPPENS

8/15/2014 8:54 PM

That sucks so much! But wait, you have a dead persons bone in your body? That's.....neat.....i think.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

8/15/2014 8:58 PM

Yea, It's a weird kinda neat. I think it would be cool to meet their family, and screw with their heads. xD

|

SHIT HAPPENS

8/15/2014 8:58 PM

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck that sucks so bad, hope you heal up well.

Just let it heal up, and stick to any physical therapy/guidelines they give you

|

8/15/2014 8:59 PM

chaz.bryan wrote:

Yea, It's a weird kinda neat. I think it would be cool to meet their family, and screw with their heads. xD

Hahahahahaha that would be hilarious!

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

8/15/2014 8:59 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck that sucks so bad, hope you heal up well.

Just let it heal up, and stick to any physical therapy/guidelines ...more

Thanks dude, Really appreciate it.

|

SHIT HAPPENS

8/15/2014 10:45 PM

well if you broke your neck and i haven't broken anything in years then i must be really good. gonna go land my first backflip!! be back soon

|

8/15/2014 11:25 PM

I BROKE MY FUCKING NECK

|

8/16/2014 2:50 AM

fuck bro

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/16/2014 6:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2014 8:26 AM

Get well soon bro, injuries suck,

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/16/2014 7:44 AM

ow... I can only imagine the "pain" well more of an annoyance but that sucks man and i do hope this heals over soon.

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

8/16/2014 8:22 AM

Yeah, this has been a real weird summer. It sucks seeing our good friend in a Halo, but he is still Chaz, and he will be back next summer, still sending big shit and doing stuff. Get well soon man.

we see him from time to time, at a party, and at the skatepark. Stocksy sees him more bc he doesnt work like i do now.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/16/2014 9:39 AM

Sucks man, make sure like Sunday said to stick to any physical therapy/training guidelines you're given and dont try to rush back into riding take it slow and make sure you heal properly

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

8/16/2014 4:36 PM

Don't try to rush any part of the healing process and take a lot of care. You got this! Patience, Daniel-san.

|

8/16/2014 6:36 PM

That's a rough one dude

|

8/17/2014 12:29 AM

Photo

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

8/17/2014 4:29 AM

The worst bit about injuries is never the pain it's always the fact you know you're out for ages, I dislocated my ankle and snapped the majority of the ligaments and it hardly hurt (same when I broke my coccyx) the first thing I was thinking was 'fuck sake I'm going to be out for ages now' luckily I also play guitar so at least if had something else to do with my time and I guess that's what I'd suggest you do as sitting around thinking about stuff you can't do will drive you insane. Best of luck with the recovery anyway man

|

8/17/2014 5:58 PM

BMXism wrote: Photo

why wouldn't you just hit submit instead of taking a screen cap for no reason?

|

8/17/2014 6:55 PM

NextGenesis88 wrote:

why wouldn't you just hit submit instead of taking a screen cap for no reason?

Photo

|

8/17/2014 7:53 PM

Well, thank you guys! I'll try to keep you posted as much as possible.

|

SHIT HAPPENS

8/18/2014 2:58 PM

Watch videos, tune the bike up (true wheels, clean and relube stuff), save up and get some fresh parts, do other workouts (arms/legs) if you can, play video games, learn a new skill (painting, drawing, music etc), watch other sports/videos/movies, chill on here, when you get the ok to get on a bike, get access to a road bike and work the lungs/legs etc to build stamina up again, and LISTEN TO WHATEVER DOCTORS SAY FOR RECOVERY THERAPY.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura