I CAN'T FAKIE TO SAVE MY LIFE

Related:
Create New Tag

7/10/2013 8:18 PM

I have been working on fakies for almost a full week nonstop and maybe tried 1000+ and have only successfully done it 3 or 4 times. I've been doing footjam fakies and I have the footjam down really well, but I have LOTS of trouble with the pedaling backwards without losing my balance and the rare occasions that I do have balance my cranks aren't in the right position to flip the bike around.

Any tips?? sad

|

Why be the same when you can be different?
Official Vital Buddy: Chrisaustin

7/10/2013 8:34 PM

Ask isnowyazn. He taught me

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

7/10/2013 8:35 PM

Hmm do what i do, turn when you are losing balance. You will know which way to turn. Basically i try to fakie wherever im going and just pedal not too quick not too slow. I prefer doing long fakies only with a coaster otherwise i find them kinda annoying so i just do like 1 full crank back and turn around immediately or half cab or full cab on a good day and then half cab again. But the balance will come with practice. I do not think it is a good idea to start them from a footjam, either use a steeper bank and bunny hop into it or find a nice wall or something and push off of it! Thats how i learned. Just dont be discouraged from them, practice, it takes time. And not that it makes them easier, but it certainly helps you learn the balance better, get a freecoaster wheel! Makes you learn the balance quickly and once you learn the balance like that its a lot easier on a cassette to learn and pedal backwards. That worked for me!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/10/2013 8:35 PM

watch YT tut's they will help better than trying to explain with words..

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

7/10/2013 8:55 PM

I'm not gonna waist money but a free coaster. I dont really have any walls to practice on, they're all inconveniently placed :/

|

Why be the same when you can be different?
Official Vital Buddy: Chrisaustin

7/10/2013 8:57 PM

Full week is nothing. It took me 6 months to get fakies.

|

7/10/2013 9:03 PM

Learn to 180 into them with a little bit of speed, makes the fakie part alot easier. I could never do them very far out of a footjam. But like brian said, they're not going to come in a week. It's kinda like manuals, the more you do them they get better

|

7/10/2013 9:07 PM

i learned them from doing footjams on a bank and i just went a crank or 2 back and half cabed out

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/10/2013 9:10 PM

My how to 180 video

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/10/2013 9:56 PM

Honestly, when you land, have you feet loosen up a bit. Don't put as much pressure and pedal back just the slightest bit. As for the 180, I don't think you'll need that much help as I'm learning the clean hop ones during this week.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/10/2013 10:11 PM

I remember being at a skatepark in front of tons of people wen I pulled out of my first fakie. It was one of those slow mo moments. you might be better off if u find a way to get a bit more speed. and pedal just about the same speed the cassette spins them. lean back just enough that you still have traction on the front tire

|

In midschool bike rides you.

7/10/2013 10:23 PM

LDewey wrote:

I'm not gonna waist money but a free coaster. I dont really have any walls to practice on, they're all inconveniently placed :/

You need to continue to practice, fakies don't come easy . Most I know use pedal pressure when they fakie however, this keeps them slow because they ride slow. With pedal pressure they can go for miles... when going fast they have no control and cant get more then a foot and fall off.

As for a coaster, if you cannot do this with a cassette, you sure as hell wont be able to do them with a coaster. Most think using a coaster makes it easy, completely opposite.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

7/10/2013 11:06 PM

Do them fast.

It's a but like riding with no hands, it's hard when your going at no speed, but when you're bombing it down a hill it's a lot easier because it's easier to balance.

It's the same with Fakies. But I don't suggest bombing down a hill backwards.

|

7/10/2013 11:47 PM

LDewey wrote:

The Horror Contact wrote:

You need to continue to practice, fakies don't come easy . Most I know use pedal pressure when they fakie however, this keeps them slow because they ride slow. With pedal pressure they can go for miles... when going fast they have no control and cant get more then a foot and fall off.

As for a coaster, if you cannot do this with a cassette, you sure as hell wont be able to do them with a coaster. Most think using a coaster makes it easy, completely opposite.

Not for me man... when i put my coaster wheel on i can fakie cleaner and longer. It helps with the balance for me. If i am going bad on fakies and start not being able to turn around and even do them in a good way i throw my wheel on and i can fakie with the coaster a lot longer and such. Coasters make my fakies on a cassette better. I never said it is easier, because it isnt, but it is easier for me to learn the balance on the cassette better. and you dont necessarily need a wall, just anything you can push off of, hell even a pole will work. Just something to push off of.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/12/2013 8:26 AM

This is the way I learned to fakie SUPER far. so I had ordered a freecoaster of dans and while it was shipping I figured I could get some practice. So I took of my chain so I wouldn't have to backpedal. Then I just practiced fakieing down my quarter. But then to my surprise when I put my chain back on I could fakie the same distance!!! I guess the no backpedaling let's you concentrate on balance then when you do backpedal you got balance dialed. That's how i learned to fakie hope it helps.

|

Stay fit, ride a Fit, crash and have a fit.

7/12/2013 8:36 AM

Go faster than you think you need to. While learning to fakie going that bit faster makes it easier to keep balance

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/12/2013 9:00 AM

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/12/2013 11:16 AM

It's harder but worth it. Go faster. The faster you start off the easier it is to balance. I like to focus on either my stem, or my front tire. Where ever those move you go.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/12/2013 3:29 PM

brianoob wrote:

Full week is nothing. It took me 6 months to get fakies.

Same.

I was doing them wrong the WHOLE ENTIRE time even when I watched tutorials, 2 guys at the skatepark explained and got them in 3 -5 days.

Here's what they told me :

(bring this to a quarter pipe)

You wanna go kind of fast up the ramp so you don't lose balance, when you get to the bottom of the ramp you want to start pedaling a bit faster than the bike. When you feel comfortable to turn out you turn your bars around 90 degrees and the you apply pedal pressure and wheelie out.

That's how I learned them in 3 - 5 days and I've been getting them even better, the fast you turn your tire the better they look

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

7/12/2013 5:19 PM

You seem like less of a dog dick on video than you do in your threads. Odd. Most people are the opposite....

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/12/2013 5:29 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

You seem like less of a dog dick on video than you do in your threads. Odd. Most people are the opposite....

I agree.

I'm just not sure about his 'fag sing is evil' gimmick.

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

7/12/2013 7:56 PM

it took me 3 months to get them down almost every single day of going to the skate park and riding up this small ramp then going back over and over and over its gonna take more than a week but with practice you should get it

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup