I NEED HELP

Related:
Create New Tag

6/1/2016 2:15 AM

My 28t demolition spline sprocket is stuck on my mayweather spindle there a couple Knicks on the end of it making to where I can't get it off I feel like I'd fuck it up if I did get it off any opinions ? I'm trading for profile cranks tomorrow so really need to figure it out Photo

|

6/1/2016 2:44 AM

You either didn't grease that bitch up properly or fucked the threads real good , or both . You can try to spray some WD40 or some shit and hit it off with a rubber mallet , but you'll fuck up the sprocket or threads maybe . Depends . If you have a blowtorch heat it up and see if you can get it off that way haha . Otherwise the only option it seems is fucking it up

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/1/2016 2:51 AM

Clamp a 2x4, drill a 3/4 or 7/8 inch hole in it. Install crank puller in spindle, drop spindle through the hole so that the back side of the sprocket sits on the board. With a hammer, smack the puller to drive the spindle through the sprocket.

|

6/1/2016 12:31 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

You either didn't grease that bitch up properly or fucked the threads real good , or both . You can try to spray some WD40 or ...more

WD40 will just remove the grease already on the spindle.

I would also not be a douche and TELL THE PERSON YOU ARE SWAPPING.

Nothing pisses me off more than people swapping parts and either skipping out on aspects of the parts OR not telling about issues.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/1/2016 4:14 PM

Very carefully file the splines smooth. Looks like it's been smacked with a hammer a few times. If I saw that mess on the axle I wouldn't swap

|

6/1/2016 4:35 PM

Robby-Joe_Douglas wrote:

Clamp a 2x4, drill a 3/4 or 7/8 inch hole in it. Install crank puller in spindle, drop spindle through the hole so that the ...more

That's actually pretty smart

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/1/2016 10:37 PM

Robby-Joe_Douglas wrote:

Clamp a 2x4, drill a 3/4 or 7/8 inch hole in it. Install crank puller in spindle, drop spindle through the hole so that the ...more

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

That's actually pretty smart

Thanks, alternatively, cut the spindle, drive it out of the sprocket, and get a new one. Looks haggard already, better to replace a spindle than to replace both spindle and sprocket.

|