I Need Help From Riders With Brakes

Related:
Create New Tag

12/31/2013 12:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2013 12:22 PM

Hi everyone :D I want to install a front brake on my bike. I run the KINK STOUT Fork, and was wondering if the 990 Brake Plate from dan'scomp would fit the fork. Also, if it does fit, what brakes would fit on that plate and work with my bike fork? I was hoping a Odyssey Evo II would fit since I run that brake in the back as well. Thanks so much for your time! Leave a comment below plz.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

12/31/2013 12:26 PM

The brake plate should work. It would definitely be better to get a fork with front brake mounts, but the brake plate is an inexpensive way to find out if you will like having front brakes.

Brake-wise, the Odyssey Evo 2s will work, or a Diatech Hombre or something like that. You will also need a top cap with a hole in it to run your cable through, and likely a zip tie to attach the extra cable to your fork.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

12/31/2013 1:14 PM

transition_chris wrote:

The brake plate should work. It would definitely be better to get a fork with front brake mounts, but the brake plate is an inexpensive way to find out if you will like having front brakes.

Brake-wise, the Odyssey Evo 2s will work, or a Diatech Hombre or something like that. You will also need a top cap with a hole in it to run your cable through, and likely a zip tie to attach the extra cable to your fork.

This, and don't be discouraged if you aren't doing nosepick 540s right away, front brake stuff takes practice, but is super fun

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/31/2013 4:26 PM

Whoa, those answers came fast :D Anyways, thank you guys so much! It really helped smile

|

12/31/2013 7:22 PM

If you dont have a top cap with a hole, you can drill a hole through yours. There should be enough material to do so.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/1/2014 2:29 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

If you dont have a top cap with a hole, you can drill a hole through yours. There should be enough material to do so.

Yes, thank you :D I do have a hole large enough or the cable to fit through the stem and fork.

|