Whatever

Related:
Create New Tag

10/18/2017 4:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2017 4:24 PM

Just saw this today. Brandon begin has a signature skateboard? Umm wtf. Being a skateboarder for 20 years, makes me hate on this more than most you probably will, but I think it's disgusting personally. Just when I finally started to think begin was alright, he goes and does this. I have officially lost what little respect I had for him. This is worse than a full jetfuel mafia bike imo.

|

10/18/2017 4:38 PM

Photo
|

10/18/2017 4:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2017 4:47 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote: Photo

Would you ride a Tony hawk bike? I really hope no one buys any of those decks. You must be a fanboy huh? Sorry, but Brandon begin sucks.

|

10/18/2017 4:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2017 5:08 PM

Odyssey made a skateboard deck...

Honestly, he is making extra funds for himself. Who cares?

One could argue if a BMXer does ANYTHING outside of riding, it could offend someone.

Are your undies in a bunch about Ryan Williams being a scooter-er but also riding?

Travis Pastrana does MTB, BMX, Scooters, Skateboards and all kinds of stuff with wheels. People think it's rad.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/18/2017 4:54 PM

Yeah he's had a signature deck for awhile... I'm not sure why becasue Im pretty sure he's not a skateboarder... but I don't really hate on Begin becasue I had the opertunity to personally meet him and he was a pretty cool guy...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/18/2017 5:04 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Would you ride a Tony hawk bike? I really hope no one buys any of those decks. You must be a fanboy huh? Sorry, but Brandon begin sucks.

No, but I'm also not getting butthurt about it online. I actually don't care for Begin at all, I'm not a fan so nice try.

|

10/18/2017 5:05 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Odyssey made a skateboard deck...

Honestly, he is making extra funds for himself. Who cares?

One could argue if a BMXer does ANYTHING outside of riding, it could offend someone.

Are your undies in a bunch about Ryan Williams being a scooter-er but also riding?

Travis Pastrana does MTB, BMX, Scooters, Skateboards and all kinds of stuff with wheels. People think it's rad.

S&M makes one too

|

10/18/2017 5:05 PM

You didn’t hear begin is dead , it’s a clone

|

10/18/2017 5:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2017 5:07 PM

Double post

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/18/2017 6:06 PM

At least Tony hawk did something for his sport. Shit he invented airing out of a quarter pipe, along with hundreds of other tricks. He was also a good role model for the kids, where begin is quite the opposite. I just see him as like the Kardashian or Paris Hilton of BMX. Terrible role models that are specifically marketed to kids. Famous for...not really sure what? And it's one thing for s&m to make a skateboard. They aren't calling it a signature "pro" model deck. Bikers use them to film, so I get it. The begin deck is just shameless, and greedy.

|

10/18/2017 9:32 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

At least Tony hawk did something for his sport. Shit he invented airing out of a quarter pipe, along with hundreds of other tricks. He was also a good role model for the kids, where begin is quite the opposite. I just see him as like the Kardashian or Paris Hilton of BMX. Terrible role models that are specifically marketed to kids. Famous for...not really sure what? And it's one thing for s&m to make a skateboard. They aren't calling it a signature "pro" model deck. Bikers use them to film, so I get it. The begin deck is just shameless, and greedy.

Are... Are you seriously comparing Tony Hawk to Brandon Begin right now

|

10/18/2017 11:05 PM

Maybe he wanted a filmer board.

|

10/18/2017 11:41 PM

I get your point. S&m make a couple of decks, but Clint reynolds, fids, and moeller all skate, and credence have a skate team. Skateboarding seems to be a bit if a trend in bmx at the moment. But does he even skate?

But, there's no point getting mad over it. That's like getting mad that fbm have hip flasks and coffee mugs, or T1 having coffee, or the merritt tennis ball. It's just paraphernalia that some people will think is cool

|

10/19/2017 5:44 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I get your point. S&m make a couple of decks, but Clint reynolds, fids, and moeller all skate, and credence have a skate team. Skateboarding seems to be a bit if a trend in bmx at the moment. But does he even skate?

But, there's no point getting mad over it. That's like getting mad that fbm have hip flasks and coffee mugs, or T1 having coffee, or the merritt tennis ball. It's just paraphernalia that some people will think is cool

Yeah I suppose. I'm not really mad about it. I don't like it at all though. I just wanted to see others opinions. No he doesn't really skate. Not well at least from what I've seen.

|

10/19/2017 5:46 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

At least Tony hawk did something for his sport. Shit he invented airing out of a quarter pipe, along with hundreds of other tricks. He was also a good role model for the kids, where begin is quite the opposite. I just see him as like the Kardashian or Paris Hilton of BMX. Terrible role models that are specifically marketed to kids. Famous for...not really sure what? And it's one thing for s&m to make a skateboard. They aren't calling it a signature "pro" model deck. Bikers use them to film, so I get it. The begin deck is just shameless, and greedy.

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Are... Are you seriously comparing Tony Hawk to Brandon Begin right now

I'm comparing 2 people that each made signature products that they don't/can't ride.

|

10/19/2017 6:12 AM

I have literally no idea who he is. But it doesn't really arse me, just don't buy it.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

10/19/2017 6:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2017 6:16 AM

I have zero dogs in this fight, but I'll tell you what, if someone wanted to pay be a buttload of cash to put my name on, lets say, a Yugo, a Prius, whatever.... Bring it on! I don't give a shit how anyone makes their money. Just so long as it doesn't affect me negatively.

|

10/19/2017 7:03 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I get your point. S&m make a couple of decks, but Clint reynolds, fids, and moeller all skate, and credence have a skate team. Skateboarding seems to be a bit if a trend in bmx at the moment. But does he even skate?

But, there's no point getting mad over it. That's like getting mad that fbm have hip flasks and coffee mugs, or T1 having coffee, or the merritt tennis ball. It's just paraphernalia that some people will think is cool

those merritt tennis balls do look pretty sweet though

|


| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!


10/19/2017 9:19 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Odyssey made a skateboard deck...

Honestly, he is making extra funds for himself. Who cares?

One could argue if a BMXer does ANYTHING outside of riding, it could offend someone.

Are your undies in a bunch about Ryan Williams being a scooter-er but also riding?

Travis Pastrana does MTB, BMX, Scooters, Skateboards and all kinds of stuff with wheels. People think it's rad.

Pastrana has actually proven himself to be good at almost everything he does though.

|

10/19/2017 3:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2017 3:45 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

At least Tony hawk did something for his sport. Shit he invented airing out of a quarter pipe, along with hundreds of other tricks. He was also a good role model for the kids, where begin is quite the opposite. I just see him as like the Kardashian or Paris Hilton of BMX. Terrible role models that are specifically marketed to kids. Famous for...not really sure what? And it's one thing for s&m to make a skateboard. They aren't calling it a signature "pro" model deck. Bikers use them to film, so I get it. The begin deck is just shameless, and greedy.

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Are... Are you seriously comparing Tony Hawk to Brandon Begin right now

ggallin422 wrote:

I'm comparing 2 people that each made signature products that they don't/can't ride.

For the record, Tony Hawk bikes were partially designed by MIKE ESCAMILLA who has more than double the BMX experience than most riders on this board.


As to the Paris Hilton or Kardashian of BMX, try looking for anyone who is only in it for a buck and does FLASHY STUFF. Nigel Sylvester has a LEATHER WRAPPED FRAME BY Luis Vitton. That right there SCREAMS way more "Kardashian" than Tony Hawk bikes or Brandon Begin Skateboards.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/19/2017 4:05 PM

That leather wrapped frame is pretty hideous lol. At least it's a bike though...

|

10/19/2017 10:45 PM

If it was Devon Smillie Id say that dude is the one that should have a signature deck. He actually rips on a skateboard with legit style and legit tricks.

I know Stevie Churchills got a mean tre flip, but dont know if Begin can skate (he can roll around on a miniramp at least though).

|

10/20/2017 1:22 PM

lol i don't even know who the fuck these guys are, they all seem like douchebags

|

It’s all bmx

10/20/2017 3:22 PM

who fucking cares what other people do to pay rent? Unless they're stealing shit. or killing babies...

|

10/24/2017 4:31 AM

thairishguy wrote:

If it was Devon Smillie Id say that dude is the one that should have a signature deck. He actually rips on a skateboard with legit style and legit tricks.

I know Stevie Churchills got a mean tre flip, but dont know if Begin can skate (he can roll around on a miniramp at least though).

Trey Jones should have a signature deck I think

|

An Indian on a small bike

10/24/2017 4:46 AM

Ved_goswami wrote:

Trey Jones should have a signature deck I think

Hahah I think by his Instagram he has been obsessed recently

|

Hmmm

10/24/2017 5:10 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Are... Are you seriously comparing Tony Hawk to Brandon Begin right now

ggallin422 wrote:

I'm comparing 2 people that each made signature products that they don't/can't ride.

dave lawrence wrote:

For the record, Tony Hawk bikes were partially designed by MIKE ESCAMILLA who has more than double the BMX experience than most riders on this board.


As to the Paris Hilton or Kardashian of BMX, try looking for anyone who is only in it for a buck and does FLASHY STUFF. Nigel Sylvester has a LEATHER WRAPPED FRAME BY Luis Vitton. That right there SCREAMS way more "Kardashian" than Tony Hawk bikes or Brandon Begin Skateboards.

I'm not a fan of Nigel but I do respect that he is trying to bring bmx to people that wouldnt normally be exposed to it.
As for that leather bike thing, it looks awful and I nearly lost my lunch when I saw it.

|


| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!


10/24/2017 7:11 AM

thairishguy wrote:

If it was Devon Smillie Id say that dude is the one that should have a signature deck. He actually rips on a skateboard with legit style and legit tricks.

I know Stevie Churchills got a mean tre flip, but dont know if Begin can skate (he can roll around on a miniramp at least though).

Ved_goswami wrote:

Trey Jones should have a signature deck I think

Edman123 wrote:

Hahah I think by his Instagram he has been obsessed recently

Yeah haha. Obviously a pro

|

An Indian on a small bike

10/24/2017 7:18 AM

Ved_goswami wrote:

Trey Jones should have a signature deck I think

Edman123 wrote:

Hahah I think by his Instagram he has been obsessed recently

Ved_goswami wrote:

Yeah haha. Obviously a pro

#Sk8life

|

Hmmm