I broke eastern stem

Related:
Create New Tag

8/20/2011 3:43 PM

I cracked the faceplate of my deciptikon im really starting to belive eastern sucks hate me for saying it but every part me and my freinds that have eastern our parts break there aftermarket frames r legit but ive seen 3 broken deceptikon stems I only weight 115 pounds idek how I cracked it but ill post pics ina bit

|

8/20/2011 3:45 PM

you get what you pay for. cheap stuff is more likely to break. you probably tightened it unevenly.

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

8/20/2011 3:46 PM

its not a cheap stem its one of there better stems

|

8/20/2011 3:48 PM

you overtightened it.

sounds like user error.

i know a guy who has broken 3 Redneck stems the same way.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

8/20/2011 3:51 PM

well im trading it and a ody elemntary stem for a profile accoustic

|

8/20/2011 4:38 PM

Tommy_Palmer wrote:

well im trading it and a ody elemntary stem for a profile accoustic

good trade,the the guy that owns eastern has a account on here and he helped me out with my front hub like 2 days ago and got me back riding next day.just letting you know...so look for him on here his name is jon byers and he is the (OWNER) of eastern,there one company i like and have faith in.with there good help to me and so.

|

8/20/2011 5:05 PM

noob

|

/ / /M POWER (OO=[][]=OO) /O==[][]==O\

8/20/2011 5:17 PM

shuves Penissin wrote:

noob

please explain how im a noob

|

8/20/2011 6:54 PM

Cracked faceplates are almost ALWAYS user error... Over-tightening, not staggering the bolts when you tighten it. If you weigh 115lbs. then there should be NO reason for you to crack ANY stem unless maybe you cased the crap out of the front end and I'm sure you would have got broke off if that would have happened. "I've seen 3 broken deceptikon stems I only weight 115 pounds", Huh? No stem is indestructible but I've had my same deception stem for about 4 years... Broke a bolt tightening it but that's it. I weigh quite a few pounds more than you and guarantee that I have put this thing through way more abuse than you will ever see. I saw a Profile stem and a Fit stem quote on the same experience, both kids had no clue the correct way to tighten a stem. My guess if a little dude like you would learn how to put one on, then you and your buddies would quit seeing broken faceplates.

|

8/20/2011 6:56 PM

EXPLAIN!!!!

|

It's an Eastern, and it's fucking awesome.

8/20/2011 7:13 PM

trust me i no how to put a faceplate on u tighten the bolts equally and u do it diagnally i did it right unless someone messed with it which is acually unfourtunatly a possibility but im really not stressen about it cuz i have another stem but i also ride really hard i cant ride atm cuz i sprained my foot doing a 3 down a tiny stairset lol some sketer got in my way and i put my foot down so i dont hit him and i landed on it wrong

|

8/20/2011 7:18 PM

Tommy_Palmer wrote:

trust me i no how to put a faceplate on u tighten the bolts equally and u do it diagnally i did it right unless someone messed with it which is acually unfourtunatly a possibility but im really not stressen about it cuz i have another stem but i also ride really hard i cant ride atm cuz i sprained my foot doing a 3 down a tiny stairset lol some sketer got in my way and i put my foot down so i dont hit him and i landed on it wrong

csb

|

SUNDAY OG
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign

8/20/2011 7:21 PM

faceplate was too tight! therefor your are a noob

|

/ / /M POWER (OO=[][]=OO) /O==[][]==O\

8/20/2011 7:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2011 7:26 PM

Tommy_Palmer wrote:

You are correct Tommy, You should also use grease to prevent the bolts stripping and binding. That is usually the point where kids pull out the cheater bars or bring out the huge wrenches. Those must be some pretty big stair gaps to be bustin' faceplates. Sucks about your foot. Get well soon man. You should make a post... " My leg Sucks!" and write about how bad your leg sucks because you pushed it past it's limits and how you'd never get another one of those! That would be awesome!

|

8/20/2011 7:26 PM

well ive never had a stem tht cracked cuz it was to tight i do tighten it alot but imo it shouldnt snap cuz its too tight call me a noob all u want i could care less but yea ive had stock stems better than the diceptikon

|

8/20/2011 7:29 PM

Tommy_Palmer wrote:

well ive never had a stem tht cracked cuz it was to tight i do tighten it alot but imo it shouldnt snap cuz its too tight call me a noob all u want i could care less but yea ive had stock stems better than the diceptikon

over tightening will forsure cause a stem to crack. think of it like this. if you tighten one side all the way and the the other side all the way the first side you tighten has double or even triple the pressure pushing down on it. than it should. that will cause a crack

|

SUNDAY OG
[LINK TO IMAGE]

8/20/2011 7:31 PM

User error for sure

|

8/20/2011 7:32 PM

Tommy_Palmer wrote:

All ya got to do is post a pic. A picture is worth a thousand words.

|

8/20/2011 7:47 PM

kk ina bit i cant walk on the floor right now cuz its wet but it def did snap cuz its to tight but imo like i said tht shouldnt happen

|

8/20/2011 7:51 PM

Is this like the 10th broken eastern thread in the past month?

|

8/20/2011 7:59 PM

Déjà vu.

ya now i can say i had Déjà vu on vital bmx forums gnar.

and ive cracked over 10 stems all after market and its not user user i made sure it wouldnt break i tightened all the bolts aas tight as i could, ight you got me im lieinggggg (;

|

8/20/2011 7:59 PM

lol i like most eastern parts but def not their stems or stock forks and bars and wheels

|

8/20/2011 8:27 PM

Tommy_Palmer wrote:

lol i like most eastern parts but def not their stems or stock forks and bars and wheels

dont back-pedal, you already dug your grave...

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

8/20/2011 8:40 PM

where is the picture?

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

8/20/2011 8:53 PM

ill get it tommarow

|

8/20/2011 8:57 PM

Cjmdawg wrote:

where is the picture?

he said his floor is wet so he cant walk on it

hahahahahaha

|

SUNDAY OG
[LINK TO IMAGE]

8/20/2011 9:01 PM

lol damn. hate much?

|

It's an Eastern, and it's fucking awesome.

8/20/2011 10:24 PM

been riding my deceptikon for 2 and a half years. user error. take care of your stuff and stop bitching.

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY

8/20/2011 10:26 PM

i call bullshit....

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/20/2011 10:27 PM

future FBM wrote:

i call bullshit....

on?

|