I came across this and it's weird as hell: >>"BMX Bikes Market Demand (2020-2027)"<<

Related:
Create New Tag

11/9/2020 1:15 AM

|

11/9/2020 3:34 AM

lol, looking at the “key players” this market study seem really serious and accurate

|

11/9/2020 9:41 AM

If it was possible to predict BMX changes with trends / projections / science, this industry would look a whole lot different than it does.

|

11/9/2020 9:59 AM

kylecarlson wrote:

If it was possible to predict BMX changes with trends / projections / science, this industry would look a whole lot different ...more

Haa true, but unless you drop the $3,200 for the Full "Investigative Report" we may never know.. .

|

11/9/2020 12:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2020 12:27 PM

I dunno guys. This is an advertisement for a marketing forecast report compiled by a marketing research firm on Wall Street that does similar research for many different types of businesses. The rent ain’t cheap on Wall Street, and neither are the salaries of the folks who work for firms like this.

You have to keep in mind, that this type of report is not geared toward “what are the cool kids riding?”, but more toward “how can I make as much money selling BMX, while investing the least amount of money to do so?”. When you consider the operating budgets of say... the company that makes those cheap assed bikes you see at Wal-Mart versus the operating budgets of companies like Sunday, Kink, etc, it is quite obvious that there is a LOT of money being made by companies that supply the products that serious BMX guys and gals aren’t interested in.

As is the case in a lot of industries, the “best” doesn’t always equate to the most profitable. I would venture to guess that Casio makes more money selling watches than Rolex does for example, simply because they sell a metric shit ton of watches that cost pennies to produce, while Rolex sells a comparative handful of watches that require costly materials, and costly manpower to produce.

A report like the one being offered for $3,200.00 is probably not full of The Who’s who in BMX. Rather, it is likely filled with pages of rather bland material that paints a roadmap for how a company can cut corners, and market their products in a way that generates the most profit while requiring the least investment. I’d be willing to bet that reports like this one, can be found in the administrative offices of all of the serious BMX companies.

|

“Don’t quote me boy cuz I ain’t said shit” - Ghandi

11/9/2020 6:49 PM

Hmms't.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

11/9/2020 6:55 PM

Francky wrote:

lol, looking at the “key players” this market study seem really serious and accurate

Half that shit I've never even heard of.

|

11/10/2020 4:31 AM

Several of those brands listed are GIAGANTIC corporations, but it seems they "analyzed" some smaller, more legit in the BMX world players and some random stuff. No real obvious linkage aside from bikes in general, so I would say their "analysis" is complete crap. Obviously you'll invest the least in cheap bikes, and by sheer volume of sales, make more money. Make them look as close to legit BMX bikes/brands as you can but retain cheap manufacturing methods and materials and you will laugh all the way to the bank.

Looked up the list they checked out:

Accell Group-owns Raleigh Bikes (and many others)
Estern Bike-Guessing this is supposed to be Eastern?
GT-Obvious
Haro-Obvious
Micargi-Lowrider bikes
Razor-Obvious
Subrosa-Obvious
Colnago-Road bikes
DAHON-Folding bikes
Framed Bikes-Brand from MN started with fatbikes on a budget, offer high end now too, and cheap BMX stuff.
ONE Bicycles-BMX race bikes
Glant-Obvious
Merida-Either a Taiwan based R&D company that makes bikes or a German Mountain bike brand
Ningbo Zhenhai Friendly-Unite Bicycle- R&D company that makes bikes
Forever-bike supplier/brand of bikes from balance bikes to adult bikes
Flying Pigeon-Chinese publicly owned bicycle company
Zixin-Make bike frames etc found on Aliexpress
Little Overload-could not find anything

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/10/2020 7:26 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Several of those brands listed are GIAGANTIC corporations, but it seems they "analyzed" some smaller, more legit in the BMX ...more

I wonder how they came up with that list. Like, of all the non-publicly traded bike brands (i.e. all "core" bike brands) why pick Subrosa?

|