I can't barspin anymore

Related:
Create New Tag

11/21/2019 5:45 PM

Just coming off an ankle injury I have been getting back into it and my most dialed trick was a barspin and now I can't do them... I just wont throw it... I got myself into this habit when learning them to where I won't let myself take my foot off and throw one so now I'm stuck with keeping both feet on and not throwing it

|

11/21/2019 8:57 PM

Anything feels weird when coming off an injury. I've never had a bad one, but I suggest going back to square one. I mean, even time off without an injury leads to losing the skill. Maybe doing some pull-up bars to ease back into it?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

11/21/2019 10:16 PM

If you were comfortable with 180 barspins (like flyout or out of a bank) then I'd try those first getting back into it, as there isn't the risk of getting messed up and falling forwards onto your bars. Bailing out of 180 bars is usually easier for me. But, if you never were comfortable doing them in 180s then that wouldn't be a good strategy. I think they are one of those tricks that the less you think about it, the better it goes, especially if you already have the muscle memory down. find a good flyout or bank and give it a go!

|

11/22/2019 4:02 AM

SoCalShreds wrote:

If you were comfortable with 180 barspins (like flyout or out of a bank) then I'd try those first getting back into it, as there isn't the risk of getting messed up and falling forwards onto your bars. Bailing out of 180 bars is usually easier for me. But, if you never were comfortable doing them in 180s then that wouldn't be a good strategy. I think they are one of those tricks that the less you think about it, the better it goes, especially if you already have the muscle memory down. find a good flyout or bank and give it a go!

I was thinking about that because I actually leaned 180 bars first and am way more comfortable with them... I'll give it a shot here soon

|

11/22/2019 4:07 AM

SoCalShreds wrote:

This.

I am always nervous to toss the bars these days, but 180 bars and bar to tire tap are second nature.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/22/2019 7:18 AM

I might have to give that a try since i lost my ability to toss the bars and have been trying to get back into it

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

11/22/2019 1:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2019 2:02 PM

Its better to have barspin and lost than never to have barspinned at all...

Lol

Youll get em back if you want them and you gain your confidence back. Just focus on other things till trying them again feels right.

Took me a bit before i wanted to do 180 tricks again after I ruptured my ankle ligaments but now I got them back better than ever. My ankle sucks now though...

|

11/22/2019 4:40 PM

You could try some mattresses and make a makeshift mattresspit/foam.

|

12/1/2019 2:36 PM

I learnt barspins through pull up bars. Then I couldn't do them for two months and finally today I managed to get myself to do them again using the same method and then ended up falling and dislocating my finger. Hopefully in a week's time I don't have the same problem as you, but I would say ease into it with pull up bars and then go through the whole learning process again and you should have them back soon

|

12/1/2019 11:58 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Its better to have barspin and lost than never to have barspinned at all...

Lol

Youll get em back if you want them and you gain your confidence back. Just focus on other things till trying them again feels right.

Took me a bit before i wanted to do 180 tricks again after I ruptured my ankle ligaments but now I got them back better than ever. My ankle sucks now though...

I’m not sure about that.
To me it’s more frustrating when I know I can easily do a trick but I’m too scared to send it, than it is to not try a trick for the first time.

|

12/2/2019 4:18 AM

Fatalize wrote:

I’m not sure about that.
To me it’s more frustrating when I know I can easily do a trick but I’m too scared to send it, than it is to not try a trick for the first time.

Agreed.

Just gotta send it (to some extent) if it is something you had before.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/2/2019 7:03 PM

|

12/2/2019 7:18 PM

|