I can't pull my driver out (unsealed)

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2018 2:14 PM

Hello guys! So i have a Scott x10 volt and wheel bearings are not sealed. I dissasembeled the axel out and the bearings fell out but i can't pull the driver out i pull it straight (not on angle) but i can pull it out. Any ideas? Not much people have unsealed bearings so i cant find something on the net smile

|

1/2/2018 2:15 PM

Pictures?

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/2/2018 2:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2018 2:36 PM

there’s a style of unsealed cassette that you actually have to take a certain size allen key to the backside of if through the non-drive side and loosen it which will then let the driver pop out. not sure who thought that was a genius idea. but you’ll probably have to take it to a shop if that’s the case. I’ve seen it on a couple road bike cassettes and a Mission cassete before, not sure about the one you have though but if you can tap it out then that’s probably what it is

|

1/2/2018 2:49 PM

can you post one from the other side and see if there’s a large allen key broach there?

|

1/2/2018 2:50 PM

Photo

|

1/2/2018 2:53 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

can you post one from the other side and see if there’s a large allen key broach there?

Oh shit bro its that one. Thank you so much o was going to fuckin yank it with screwdrivers becose i was furios. Thanks again i hope thats a 10mm allen key

|

1/2/2018 2:57 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

So its not a 10mm allen key and i dont have one that big. And there are no proper bike shops in my country what should i do?

|

1/2/2018 3:18 PM

Get the right size Allen wrench?

|

1/2/2018 3:19 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

i dont have it.. :/

|

1/2/2018 3:21 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Anthony13 wrote:

i dont have it.. :/

Go to your local hardware shop and bring the wheel and find the one you need... yiu don't need a bike shop to get bike tools...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/2/2018 3:48 PM

Anthony13 wrote:

So its not a 10mm allen key and i dont have one that big. And there are no proper bike shops in my country what should i do?

I forget what size it was. I wanna say it was a 12mm or 13mm but I really don’t remember. We had a hard time finding one at the shop ourselves but some hardware store must have one. Even worse I can’t remember if it was reverse threaded or regular thread haha

|

1/2/2018 4:44 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Anthony13 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I forget what size it was. I wanna say it was a 12mm or 13mm but I really don’t remember. We had a hard time finding one at ...more

Haha nevermind i guess im not making my hub louder. I wish i lived in america where there are a lot of bike shops and hardware shops. In my shitty coutry there are only 3 skateparks in the whole country and 0 bmx shops, and the hardware shops dont have a lot of things :/

|

1/2/2018 10:40 PM

If it's a freehub, 11mm is the most common size. But you won't be able to make it louder as it's a (almost) sealed unit

|

1/3/2018 4:15 AM

Anthony13 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I forget what size it was. I wanna say it was a 12mm or 13mm but I really don’t remember. We had a hard time finding one at ...more

Anthony13 wrote:

Haha nevermind i guess im not making my hub louder. I wish i lived in america where there are a lot of bike shops and hardware ...more

I will trade you any tool or bmx part for some of your countries girls.

|

1/3/2018 12:55 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Anthony13 wrote:

Haha nevermind i guess im not making my hub louder. I wish i lived in america where there are a lot of bike shops and hardware ...more

Stixxs wrote:

I will trade you any tool or bmx part for some of your countries girls.

Haha. Never been to Macedonia but I was deployed to Kosovo and spent a weekend in Sofia Bulgaria so I've seen the girls of the Balkans and they aren't bad.

|