I don't know how i feel about this

Related:
Create New Tag

1/27/2016 8:30 AM

Photo

whistling wassat pinch dizzy

Thruster Slider 20" Boys Bike from Wal-Mart

https://www.walmart.com/reviews/product/17206764

Man, if his friends find out the truth after a few months of hearing him go on about his Haro...

not judging anyone, but I couldn't even fathom carrying out such a blatant deception lol is it just me?
|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

1/27/2016 8:36 AM

Hahahahaha

|

It’s all bmx

1/27/2016 8:42 AM

rofl how am i not surprised you're already laughing tongue

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

1/27/2016 8:45 AM

someone contact Haro about this lmao

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

1/27/2016 10:24 AM

thats grimy lol. i wonder if that kid still rides.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

1/27/2016 11:09 AM

right? I would have told him "if after a year this has been treated good, and well-maintained, we'll get your Haro" . used it to help him learn how to care for his stuff.

a lot less effort than some crackhead scheme, too. might be better if he became responsible, instead of having a ticking time-bomb on trust issues later.

rofl but it's funny to picture like Ricky and Julian trying to sell this to Cory and Trevor "nah boys it's the real deal"

|

1/27/2016 11:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2016 11:34 AM

There are a lot of parents (and I say this as a parent of 2 kids who have their own bikes) who waste a lot of time and energy on crap like this. They don't have much respect for their kids, who will come to resent them, as they did with their parents. They have wasted $120 on a piece of junk; they did not have to spend $500 to acquire a Haro. I think we all know that.
But it was easier for them to focus on stroking their own ego than doing some research, legwork, and working with their kid honestly. Now they'll know 1. my parents didn't figure out a way to get me what I really wanted and stress the importance of earning things AND taking care of things and 2. they chose to deceive me. Nice work

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

1/27/2016 11:36 AM

That's so fucked up XD

If my parents pulled that I'd be fucking pissed immediately. I would always want a nice bike as a kid but ended up with a walmart mongoose instead. haha

I mean in the right situation, this is okay. Like if the kid is only 6-7 and not athletic and pretty fat already. No sense in dropping 500 on a bike for a kid like that.

But odds are this is a 13 year old kid who has friends with really good bikes and shit. He will probably notice instantly and if not his friends are going to laugh at him once they see the heaping pile of shit of a bike that comes from walmart.

Bottom of the line is, if these dickheads had any idea on how craigslist or ebay works they could have found him a Haro that was around 250$ and they could've given the kid a real bike. That's assuming the kid actually wanted to ride.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/27/2016 1:45 PM

I wouldn't spend top dollar on a bike for a kid that can't put it away.

They made a good call it will probably rust away anyway

|

1/27/2016 1:53 PM

Parents look at that bike, and look at any of ours and think they are the same.

These parents either are brilliant in knowing their kid will not get into BMX and wasting a ton of money, or bastards by deceiving him.

Creative yes, but not cool. Make your kid WORK for the bike. I could see like what was posted above in saying "Ride this for a summer and keep it in good shape and we will look at a Haro come Fall".

I can honestly say if I was SET on a Haro and my parents pulled this off any time after I was 12, I would be PISSED.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/27/2016 2:51 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Parents look at that bike, and look at any of ours and think they are the same.

These parents either are brilliant in ...more

^This

I remember wrecking my 1st and 2nd car as a teenager; why? Because they were given to me by my parents and I didn't learn to appreciate them.

Of course I wrecked my 3rd and 4th vehicles too, but I cried those times, because I had work for them.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

1/27/2016 3:12 PM

yeah they should probably teach their kid to appreciate what he has

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

1/27/2016 4:26 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

yeah they should probably teach their kid to appreciate what he has

And maybe he looks at a bike as a tool to get around and that is all, but all his buddies have haros?

I rode a crappy target MTB for 3 years, and DESTROYED it. I put probably like 2000 miles on it over that time, just zipping around the city I lived in.

It was ROUGH when I was done with it, rusted, no pedals (just the pedal axles) 20 in front wheel, 24 rear, random seat, one brake, no gears, completely rusted out.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/27/2016 4:44 PM

i'm with you guys on the "if he's really going to destroy it" bit, but what dave lawrence said. give him a chance to prove he can care for a bike instead of all that.

it's taking the time to lovingly craft a dupe that's especially galling. they could have researched something a little more productive (like MaximusBikes said...) than a huge lie that sets him up to look like a fool.

haha my friend said "imagine if something breaks and he calls Haro about a warranty"

though they did say he's happy with it...maybe they're a really weird family that does that kind of crap to each other on the reg ; p

"oh grandpa said once you go gay you never go back, then pushed you down the stairs?! HAA that's classic yeah he did that to me when i was your age, too!"

|